Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL clubs contribute to the profit and growth of the league as a whole. The AFL is only giving them back what they deserve as the AFL is very far from equity for all clubs.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I just posted an article which stated St Kilda needed $20m to stay afloat in 2019. The Bulldogs, North and Gold Coast also received handouts over $10m.

The money saved by relocating St Kilda to Perth and North to Tasmania could pay for the wages of 3 AFLW competitions. If you hate the standard of the women's game, or its promotion, fine, but any financial arguments are not borne out by the evidence of the enormous sums used to prop up debt-ridden AFL clubs. If they were in European soccer they'd go into administration and cease to exist.

I get shitty about anything being over promoted and that includes things like the sanctity of the ANZAC Day match, etc.

I just posted an article which stated St Kilda needed $20m to stay afloat in 2019. The Bulldogs, North and Gold Coast also received handouts over $10m.

The money saved by relocating St Kilda to Perth and North to Tasmania could pay for the wages of 3 AFLW competitions. If you hate the standard of the women's game, or its promotion, fine, but any financial arguments are not borne out by the evidence of the enormous sums used to prop up debt-ridden AFL clubs. If they were in European soccer they'd go into administration and cease to exist.
You do understand St Kilda and co have to spend a shitload to compete with the Haves of the AFL as they've never got a proper run from the big house themselves?

Hawthorn won like 10 flags and the AFL still gifted them a training and admin base.

You do understand St Kilda and co have to spend a shitload to compete with the Haves of the AFL as they've never got a proper run from the big house themselves?

Hawthorn won like 10 flags and the AFL still gifted them a training and admin base.

Of course I do but it's illogical in my view to complain about AFLW paying out $10m to all its players while the league spends double that each year just to keep St Kilda alive.

If the sport was remotely watchable, or even at the level that it's being promoted at...............

It's being marketed as something it clearly isn't.
So you must hate the men's AFL currently

Actually the men's competition is not that bad. My only complaint for 2020 was the shortened quarter length, go back up to 20 minutes and the AFL is cherry ripe for 2021.
It is promoted and hyped way above the spectacle.

It's exactly what you apparently dislike about how the women's game is promoted.

In fact all sport is overhyped, they gloss over all the shit moments

It is promoted and hyped way above the spectacle.

It's exactly what you apparently dislike about how the women's game is promoted.

In fact all sport is overhyped, they gloss over all the sh*t moments

Actually the standard of play does justify the hype for the men's competition. Just a few sad sacks complain about how defensive the game has become ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I do but it's illogical in my view to complain about AFLW paying out $10m to all its players while the league spends double that each year just to keep St Kilda alive.

Slight tangent but the 9 teams in Melbourne + Geelong, 2 teams in Sydney, Adelaide, Perth and Bris + GC makes the AFL about $400m a year or whatever it is.

If you sharpened the pencils and chopped St Kilda or gave up on GWS/GC you would trade off the $10m saved against whatever is lost from only have 8 games a round, not having a game every week in Qld/NSW etc. Based on the history of women's sports here I doubt the AFLW will ever justify the investment on a financial return basis.

Actually the standard of play does justify the hype for the men's competition. Just a few sad sacks complain about how defensive the game has become ;)
A few sad sacks? Like over half the people that watch the game?

Most people who complain about the standard of the AFL are coming from a position of remembering better footy. I know the 2020 season had shortened quarters but the highest scoring team average 72 points a game. The lowest 49. Richmond won the flag and their average result was 67-51. And that's a team that isn't regarded as dour and negative, has two star key forwards, the best player in the game who is an attacking beast etc.

AFL is the highest standard competition of that sport in the world. AFLW is a fledgling comp. There aren't that many levels of women's footy, and the best AFLW side would win the spoon in the NAB League. So they are up against it.

Most people who complain about the standard of the AFL are coming from a position of remembering better footy. I know the 2020 season had shortened quarters but the highest scoring team average 72 points a game. The lowest 49. Richmond won the flag and their average result was 67-51. And that's a team that isn't regarded as dour and negative, has two star key forwards, the best player in the game who is an attacking beast etc.

AFL is the highest standard competition of that sport in the world. AFLW is a fledgling comp. There aren't that many levels of women's footy, and the best AFLW side would win the spoon in the NAB League. So they are up against it.
Highest standard in the world lol

Like there is any competitors

Lets hear all of their opinions about the game or get them to participate in a poll right now ?

Yep crickets! :p
Go start a poll on the main board

Pfft are you kidding?

How about we have players that can- mark the ball, kick a goal (note i said A goal. Doesnt really matter how many total), and pick up a ball off the ground.

Jfc, how many times do you have to see the latter being totally sloppy. JUST PICK THE ****ING BALL UP.

/calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back