Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NRL star Mitchell Pearce's fiance has pulled the plug on their wedding on Tuesday after busting him sexting another girl.
What an idiot. I guess lucky for her it was two days before and not two days after the wedding..

I dont understand why the vast suburban middle class of Australia wants to; live in a McMansion, drive a big SUV, send their three little 'angels' to posh private schools, enrol their three little 'darlings' into three different extra curricular activites each, and pay for all the latest mod cons on an already maxed credit card?
****ing sad isn't it. I wasn't even aware you could have 80,000+ owing on a credit card until recently.

I got 3 bottles on rotation in my fridge for water.

2 x 1 litre bottles.
1 x 600ml
And a teeny 250ml mount franklin. Dont touch that one tho- in case a visitor comes over, i can give them that
I need to drink more water. Only drink 1.2 litres a day.

Ill go you one better
Paying off a credit card with another credit card.

In the bad old days (when I worked in the card collections department for a bank in the 80s) it was called revolving credit and it was extremely frowned upon, to the extent that anyone caught doing it would be put on an "E Reclass" shitlist, meaning all their cards would be cancelled by all banks and they were never to be issued one again, because that was ****ing With Our System and rule #1 was You Never **** With Our System.

Then one bank realised how much interest they were missing out on, and ignored the reclass, and suddenly it was on for young and old. Then banks tried the old "transfer your balance interest free for 6 months" trick and the smart people just rotated cards every few months. It was quite easy to have half a dozen cards from three or four banks. For the not smart people instead of a shower of gold it was a golden shower, and they wound up with huge debts and shit credit ratings. That's the business banks are in. That's why deposit interest is 0.2% and credit card interest is 20% and over. They are not there for the good of the people.

$80k limit is not out of the way. I got sucked into the "you're such a great customer, here's a pre-approved rise in your limit to $xxx" trap and wound up with $54,000 limit on one card and $25,000 on another. The bank told me how good I'd feel flashing my exclusive platinum or black card in front of the plebs whenever I paid for something, which could perhaps be termed a polite fiction when said plebs probably thought "look at that fat w***er" instead. Or the financially savvy would think "look at that poor bastard spending money he hasn't got, hope he never loses his high-paying job."

In the bad old days (when I worked in the card collections department for a bank in the 80s) it was called revolving credit and it was extremely frowned upon, to the extent that anyone caught doing it would be put on an "E Reclass" shitlist, meaning all their cards would be cancelled by all banks and they were never to be issued one again, because that was ******* With Our System and rule #1 was You Never fu** With Our System.

Then one bank realised how much interest they were missing out on, and ignored the reclass, and suddenly it was on for young and old. Then banks tried the old "transfer your balance interest free for 6 months" trick and the smart people just rotated cards every few months. It was quite easy to have half a dozen cards from three or four banks. For the not smart people instead of a shower of gold it was a golden shower, and they wound up with huge debts and sh*t credit ratings. That's the business banks are in. That's why deposit interest is 0.2% and credit card interest is 20% and over. They are not there for the good of the people.

$80k limit is not out of the way. I got sucked into the "you're such a great customer, here's a pre-approved rise in your limit to $xxx" trap and wound up with $54,000 limit on one card and $25,000 on another. The bank told me how good I'd feel flashing my exclusive platinum or black card in front of the plebs whenever I paid for something, which could perhaps be termed a polite fiction when said plebs probably thought "look at that fat w***er" instead. Or the financially savvy would think "look at that poor bastard spending money he hasn't got, hope he never loses his high-paying job."
I got a $1500 limit. #povo

It used to be $4000 but i reduced it to $1000 when applying for a mortgage and the bastards only gave me $500 more when I wanted to put it back up.

Still tho dm never paid interest in my entire life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people actually buy Easter eggs in January

The outrage from a handful of people about hot cross buns being available already.

If you don’t want them don’t buy them.

Its SO much more annoying than the actual selling of them.
Just stfu and dont buy them. Happens every, single, year.

/and FWIW i hate cricket- cant stand it, and yep ive bagged it out on here. But its easy to ignore stuff. I couldnt even tell you what the test scores were- dont read the sports section of the paper, i switch off sport when it comes on the news. Simples.

Its SO much more annoying than the actual selling of them.
Just stfu and dont buy them. Happens every, single, year.

/and FWIW i hate cricket- cant stand it, and yep ive bagged it out on here. But its easy to ignore stuff. I couldnt even tell you what the test scores were- dont read the sports section of the paper, i switch off sport when it comes on the news. Simples.
People going on and on about women's footy are the worst. I'm hardly the sjw type but there is definitely some misogynism going on with some and their 'offence' to it being played rather than just not watching.

People going on and on about women's footy are the worst. I'm hardly the sjw type but there is definitely some misogynism going on with some and their 'offence' to it being played rather than just not watching.
Ah yeah all good. From my pov its a mans sport. But go for your life ladies all the best /nosrcsm or patronize

Bit different though as its presentation IS shoved down our throats with commentary that always draws attention to how hard 'the girls' go, etc, along with the league bankrolling it for nothing in return yet, not even remotely close to being able to sustain itself on its own.

Bit different though as its presentation IS shoved down our throats with commentary that always draws attention to how hard 'the girls' go, etc, along with the league bankrolling it for nothing in return yet, not even remotely close to being able to sustain itself on its own.
I find i can tune things out very easily in that scenario

I mean i havent heard a word Dermott Brereton has said in years.. its quite an art form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back