Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is Gough trending all over my twitter

View attachment 2113137
I've said it on here before but if it wasn't bad for you I'd absolutely smoke. A coffee or alcoholic drink in one hand, a durry in the other is great.

I wonder though how many people would smoke it wasn't bad for you. I think a lot of smokers, especially the younger generation who take it up despite the health warnings these days, do it because it's edgy and they feel like a bit of a rebel.

I've said it on here before but if it wasn't bad for you I'd absolutely smoke. A coffee or alcoholic drink in one hand, a durry in the other is great.

I wonder though how many people would smoke it wasn't bad for you. I think a lot of smokers, especially the younger generation who take it up despite the health warnings these days, do it because it's edgy and they feel like a bit of a rebel.
It’s extremely cost prohibitive now.

Shitloads of people vape, I doubt that’s great for you.

God I miss smoking. Every single day of my life I miss it.

God I miss smoking. Every single day of my life I miss it.
I was only ever a social smoker and haven't had one for ages but sometimes if I have a coffee or an alcoholic drink I still get a bad craving for a smoke.

I was only ever a social smoker and haven't had one for ages but sometimes if I have a coffee or an alcoholic drink I still get a bad craving for a smoke.
I smoked a packet a day for years. It was so hard to quit but I did it cold turkey when my best friend got pregnant. Now when I drink I’d kill for a dart but I know that if I have even a drag I won’t be able to stop.

Every time I hear gambling companies claiming sport will cease to exist if their ads get banned I remember exactly the same arguments when they banned cigarette advertising. They ponied up good money for the arts sector too which betting companies have never done.
To be fair I think the revised numbers (now) actually do paint a very very bleak picture if gambling shit was banned.

I don’t know if it’s a contraversial opinion (and I would note I’m not a gambler) but I don’t really have any issue with gambling advertisement as a generic thing (go with Neds) but the in game, paid bits on actual AFL/whatever shows, live odds, promos etc. are ****ed. The afls official website has gambling odds in the match centre, that’s just ****ing horrendous

To be fair I think the revised numbers (now) actually do paint a very very bleak picture if gambling shit was banned.

I don’t know if it’s a contraversial opinion (and I would note I’m not a gambler) but I don’t really have any issue with gambling advertisement as a generic thing (go with Neds) but the in game, paid bits on actual AFL/whatever shows, live odds, promos etc. are ****ed. The afls official website has gambling odds in the match centre, that’s just ****ing horrendous
As a cricket fan it enrages me how close the game is to gambling companies. It would be so difficult to rig a footy game and the pay-off likely too small, cricket on the other hand has shown it's vulnerability time and time again and here we are welcoming the enablers into our game.

It makes me feel GROSS that kids talk about the 'odds' of a particular team winning and so on.
Yeh there was some study a few years back and primary school kids not only knew favourites and odds, most could explain what a $1.30 favourite meant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bookies ban winning punters. The absolute sooks welcome poor gamblers, even fly really bad ones to events but they ban you if you win. It's disgusting the government doesn't enact legislation that they have to take everyone's bet.

No skill in their game now, they're just pokie machines dressed up as sport

A coffee or alcoholic drink in one hand, a durry in the other is great.
I’m more a one at a time person, stingy with my moderate chemical highs. I don’t even like drinking with a meal. Seeing someone doing all at once and pairing culture irritates something in me lol. Good multitasker but prefer to chill singularly at leisure

Sports gambling is in the same category as videogaming to me. Just never had any room for them in my adult life, feels a juvenile pursuit where I’d rather do other things.
This but as an extension it feels way way too obvious to me that all the bonus bets and whatever they offer still favour them. My mates that are adamant they’re up on the bookie just seem like kids who don’t realise their dad has let them win so they don’t throw a tantrum (except the bookie has done it cause long term they make money).

Bookies ban winning punters. The absolute sooks welcome poor gamblers, even fly really bad ones to events but they ban you if you win. It's disgusting the government doesn't enact legislation that they have to take everyone's bet.

No skill in their game now, they're just pokie machines dressed up as sport
That's why you should only bet on an exchange like betfair, anyone with half a brain knows that.

I've been addicted to other vices but I've never been addicted to gambling, I only bet on the Melbourne Cup and buy lotto tickets.

I've never bet on AFL matches, I find St Kilda games stressful enough to watch without having money riding on the result as well.

I've been addicted to other vices but I've never been addicted to gambling, I only bet on the Melbourne Cup and buy lotto tickets.

I've never bet on AFL matches, I find St Kilda games stressful enough to watch without having money riding on the result as well.
Dream team/supercoach, same game multis, daily fantasy really ruined the fandom aspect of sports. So many people just check player stats without caring who won the game, a shame really

Dream team/supercoach, same game multis, daily fantasy really ruined the fandom aspect of sports. So many people just check player stats without caring who won the game, a shame really

I play Supercoach but that doesn't cost any money to play and it helps to make some boring games more interesting to watch.

I more or less retired from gambling after the 1994/94 Ashes Test here when they put a bookies tent up for the first time and I picked the Gatting century/duck combination and figured I probably wasn't going to get more Nostradamussy than that.
What were the odds of the Gatting one? Must've made you a rich man!

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back