Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

What were the odds of the Gatting one? Must've made you a rich man!
They were two separate bets, after the century in first I figured he'd be too buggered in the second it was only a couple of hundred dollars but it was better than nothing.

If you grew your own tobacco and dried it and smoked it and added no chemicals would it be bad? I mean other than general badness form breathing in smoke
I recall reading something about an american brand of cigs that marketed themselves are just tobacco and water (native spirit or some shit) getting sued because they were found to be no better than any other cigarette on the market.

This is from memory and real old so take it with a grain of salt.

Having working in gambling Customer Service, hearing “I place a cheeky tender on the game” or “I bet on the footy games I watch, that’s just what you do”
My biggest annoyance was “Player A isn’t playing, I want to cancel my bet, I’m not getting the odds I wanted”
I’m like, “Mate, you know what happens when a player doesn’t play, we void the player and hence the match the player is involved in. This is not new.”
I don’t understand why punters are more fixated on getting the odds (and and hence adding unnecessary legs), rather than just making the multi enough for a payout.

I am also of the opinion that if you are on an Centrelink/govt payment, you should not be allowed to hold an account.

I have a lot more other issues, especially of how customers are treated by gambling companies which I’ll refrain of posting publicly

Last edited:
If you grew your own tobacco and dried it and smoked it and added no chemicals would it be bad? I mean other than general badness form breathing in smoke

Isn't that basically what cigars are?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a freshly rolled cigar in a drying shed in Cuba.
Was very very nice

Having working in gambling Customer Service, hearing “I place a cheeky tender on the game” or “I bet on the footy games I watch, that’s just what you do”
My biggest annoyance was “Player A isn’t playing, I want to cancel my bet, I’m not getting the odds I wanted”
I’m like, “Mate, you know what happens when a player doesn’t play, we void the player and hence the match the player is involved in. This is not new.”
I don’t understand why punters are more fixated on getting the odds (and and hence adding unnecessary legs), rather than just making the multi enough for a payout.

I am also of the opinion that if you are on an Centrelink/govt payment, you should not be allowed to hold an account.

I have a lot more other issues, especially of how customers are treated by gambling companies which I’ll refrain of posting publicly
I hate gambling but deciding which parts of society people on welfare are allowed to participate in is shithouse

Either ban everyone or let everyone choose how they spend their money

And before you start, once they're paid it should be their money to spend

I hate gambling but deciding which parts of society people on welfare are allowed to participate in is shithouse

Either ban everyone or let everyone choose how they spend their money

And before you start, once they're paid it should be their money to spend
How I see it is, it's the taxpayers money, why should we be funding someone's gambling addiction. Cause I have seen my fair share of domestic violence, suicides and divorces just by working on the other end.
If you're late on your Child Support payments, your gambling account can be affected.
And Centrelink already limit what what certain areas around Australia can spend their government payments on. It's called the BasicCard, and affects all residents in the NT, large parts of WA and Shepperton in VIC

How I see it is, it's the taxpayers money, why should we be funding someone's gambling addiction. Cause I have seen my fair share of domestic violence, suicides and divorces just by working on the other end.
If you're late on your Child Support payments, your gambling account can be affected.
And Centrelink already limit what what certain areas around Australia can spend their government payments on. It's called the BasicCard, and affects all residents in the NT, large parts of WA and Shepperton in VIC
Again this is why I said before you start once they get paid it's their money

Income control is shit, excluding poor people from society is sbit

But congratulations for pointing out the extremely racist income management policies of Labor that is a broken election promise

Again this is why I said before you start once they get paid it's their money

Income control is shit, excluding poor people from society is sbit

But congratulations for pointing out the extremely racist income management policies of Labor that is a broken election promise
These guys were good value, claimed to have used their student grants for a jolly on the Costas, tabloid media got up in arms and they turned the joke on them.

The best school excursion we went on was to a pie factory where we got free pies at the end of it.

Cadbury factory in both primary school and high school. For the high school one you have learned and line all your pockets with freezer bags for all the samples.

St Kilda mangrove swamp was 1980's idea of an interesting school excursion here.
What was the playground like at that time?

Its gone through a few changes if my memory is good

It did have the metal stuff that was hot in summer - the flying fox and a wooden castle fort

I've said it on here before but if it wasn't bad for you I'd absolutely smoke. A coffee or alcoholic drink in one hand, a durry in the other is great.

I wonder though how many people would smoke it wasn't bad for you. I think a lot of smokers, especially the younger generation who take it up despite the health warnings these days, do it because it's edgy and they feel like a bit of a rebel.
👎
Most disgusting, stupid habit ever and I don’t know why people think it looks cool, it’s a fallacy .
First thing I think of when I see a smoker is loser
Particularly the wrinkly old , rake thin people who look 90 but are probably only in their 70’s

Spend a fortune to stink , piss everyone else off around you , have terrible fitness and die early with multiple complications

Yeh sounds great

👎
Most disgusting, stupid habit ever and I don’t know why people think it looks cool, it’s a fallacy .
First thing I think of when I see a smoker is loser
Particularly the wrinkly old , rake thin people who look 90 but are probably only in their 70’s

Spend a fortune to stink , piss everyone else off around you , have terrible fitness and die early with multiple complications

Yeh sounds great
That’s now. And I agree, it’s smelly, polluting, aging, dangerous, now expensive. But once, it was cool and fashionable.

Interesting that movies and tv shows, made recently but set in earlier times, have actors that smoke throughout. I wonder if there’s a clause in their contract that absolves the producers of liability. Maybe they get danger money. I’m thinking of movies set in wartime, and recently I’ve watched the tv series Endeavour, where some of the leading characters just about chainsmoked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back