Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Visited a mate in Thailand. They were putting ice in their beers. Coldness isn't everything. It makes a bland light lager taste.
Guinness did that when they introduced extra cold. All they did was run the pipe through a second spot chiller under the bar in the hope it would dull the flavour enough to attract traditionally non stout drinkers.

Pint not warm after 45 minutes? Is your local in Antarctica? 😂

Nope. Even in 40 degree weather in Perth. It isn't ice cold but definitely still cool.

If you don't drink at a snails pace then pints don't get warm. I've never been a quick drinker (usually 30-45 minutes to drink a pint) and never suffered from it getting warm.
Depends on your definition of snails pace. 30/45 minutes outside on a 30 degree day it’s certainly not cold by the time you’re done

When I'm watching an American movie or TV show the characters often eat a meal that is just scrambled eggs. Someone will say "I'll make you some eggs" and that's all they serve up. Is it a real thing or is it a movie meme like "Get some rest"?

I would never eat eggs on their own. Eggs and bacon is the best. A fried egg on top of rice with a stir fry is an underappreciated treat. A boiled egg needs some soldiers.

When I'm watching an American movie or TV show the characters often eat a meal that is just scrambled eggs. Someone will say "I'll make you some eggs" and that's all they serve up. Is it a real thing or is it a movie meme like "Get some rest"?

I would never eat eggs on their own. Eggs and bacon is the best. A fried egg on top of rice with a stir fry is an underappreciated treat. A boiled egg needs some soldiers.
Kids made breakfast the other day and they did scrambled eggs but threw in some hash browns, game changer !

Maybe that’s what the yanks are eating?
Is that what a hash is ?

Hash browns, 10 minutes in an air fryer, is indeed a game changer.

But yes, my wife occasionally just eats eggs on its own, either scrambled or as an omelette. I sometimes will. It's a protein filled breakfast that's not made unhealthy by the addition of bacon.

The saddest thing is the OAP who opens her purse when buying a $5.95 coffee and puts a pile of coins on the counter

1. She is one of the few people technology has passed by /confused
2. That she is literally counting her pennies to have a treat
3. That the 14 people lined up behind her have to wait
4. $6 for a coffee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hash browns, 10 minutes in an air fryer, is indeed a game changer.

But yes, my wife occasionally just eats eggs on its own, either scrambled or as an omelette. I sometimes will. It's a protein filled breakfast that's not made unhealthy by the addition of bacon.
4 fried eggs is my go to - nothing else - dietitian recommended protein

To be fair this mornings eggs have a slab of meat to go with it

I despise scrambled eggs. Always just tasted like rubber to me.
over cooking it maybe?

my method is to heat stainless steel frying pan until really hot (drop water and it spins around hot)

add butter, and add eggs right away, take off the heat. use spatula to move it around. but not for too long, just until it is edible by your egg cooking standards. add white pepper and salt
on a piece of toast

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back