Things that sh*t me the fifteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

Sleeping in shits me as ive lost two hours of a day!
Absolutely mate, I am exactly the same.

Given my diet I am extremely regular, 6am every day of the week without fail.

Problem being I don’t get out of bed until 6:30.

Im not really a coffee snob, i like it but its not a compulsion and aside from really sh*t coffee i probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference BUT i do like that its a wanky Melbourne thing. Any interviews with international celebs they bang on about it.

I didn’t think I was but you get ruined by the great coffee we have. I can still drink instant if I have to though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not really a coffee snob, i like it but its not a compulsion and aside from really sh*t coffee i probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference BUT i do like that its a wanky Melbourne thing. Any interviews with international celebs they bang on about it.
You wanna know when you’re an out-and-out complete hipster coffee flog like me?

When you buy a coffee machine that’s worth more than a decent fridge.

I spent a small fortune several years back on this you-beaut pristine barista thingamajig that was fully digital with an Italian pump and all the bells and whistles, and my previous barista machine which I only spent $800 on outperformed it AND outlasted it plus made a significantly better coffee with the exact same bean.

Never again.

And by never again I mean possibly.

I spent a small fortune several years back on this you-beaut pristine barista thingamajig that was fully digital with an Italian pump and all the bells and whistles, and my previous barista machine which I only spent $800 on outperformed it AND outlasted it plus made a significantly better coffee with the exact same bean.

Never again.

At least you can admit it brother.

fwiw I’ll never do that. My aldi machine at home is sufficient for the odd day I have a craving.

Last edited:

Never again.

I got one of those stovetop coffee makers the w… ah the Italian Australians use, seems to do the trick

I have a mate who is a coffee w***er (first man i ever heard order a magic and laughed my ass off).

He has like four different coffee things. A proper bells and whistles machine, the old school steel pot thing, a cold drip and a pressure plunger thing.

Hes adamant they all taste different and depending on the day he has something different.

Their Starbucks coffee was so sh*t, same as the old Mackers percolated coffee. But their large was the same as a Mackers large soft drink so you’d get shitloads at least
It's funny when talking to Americans and you mention that it's hard to find good coffee over there that they just don't really understand

A good number genuinely believe that Starbucks is good coffee and don't know why we don't like it nor do they not understand why Starbucks never really took off in Australia in the same manner as in the USA

Im just kidding, Over The Post, stay.

Funny coffee story about my Liverpudlian mother-in-laws side of the family.

One of her brothers from England (bit of a loose cannon but a lovely fella) absolutely loved international roast as a drop. He was always so jovial and happy after he’d had one in the morning and it always left me wondering why (and this was prior to me becoming an epic coffee flog)

Anyway, on one occasion when he was down from the UK he asked me if I wanted a coffee, so trying to be polite I said yes. He said “ok, but only if you drink it how I tell you to, deal?”

“Sure” said a naive VeinGlorious.

So he goes about making me a long black and brings it outside for us to drink in the courtyard. He hands me the coffee and I say “it’s not very hot is it?”

He responds “nah, you can drink it quicker that way, but slug it down for maximum effect”

So I did.

Turns out he’d put roughly 3 or 4 shots of Johnny Walker Blue in the coffee and we’d both just slammed it down quick sticks.

I’m not a huge drinker so I was fairly tipsy after that, but he thought it was hilarious. No wonder he was so hsppy after his morning coffee.

Prick.

It's funny when talking to Americans and you mention that it's hard to find good coffee over there that they just don't really understand

A good number genuinely believe that Starbucks is good coffee and don't know why we don't like it nor do they not understand why Starbucks never really took off in Australia in the same manner as in the USA
A girl i worked with (originally from Oregon) was ADAMANT that Starbucks was still the best coffee in Oz.

Would drive into the city everyday to get it (we worked in St.Kilda and she could have walked to work from there but drove just to go get a Starbucks)

Surely the Italian immigrants brought it over with them back in the day, I figure that’s why we have good coffee in Melb

At least you can admit it brother.

fwiw I’ll never do that. My aldo machine at home is sufficient for the odd day I have a craving.
Only if you can admit your shortcomings do you truly find enlightenment in oneself.

If you’re a flog, own it, people will respect you… then proceed to talk shit behind your back ;)
I got one of those stovetop coffee makers the w… ah the Italian Australians use, seems to do the trick
I don’t find the term “wog” to be racist or derogatory, more a term of endearment.

In fact, if it weren’t for my smouldering Mediterranean looks you wouldn’t know I was Italian.

Surely the Italian immigrants brought it over with them back in the day, I figure that’s why we have good coffee in Melb
South American coffee is the bomb. If it’s good enough for the cartels, it’s good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back