Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Doing remote IT support for Mum in NZ earlier this week. :rolleyesv1:

Needs an external CD player for the new computer. Head down the road of explaining they are all DVD-RW these days and... it was much easier to go online and buy one to send her. dicksmith.co.nz, added the drive to shopping cart, checked out.

Then the spam started.

Three emails were OK. Order, order sent, order delivered.

I just deleted NINE other emails from my inbox and another two that were hiding in the spam folder.

Clicked "unsubscribe" and it said I was unsubscribed from "Hot products chosen for you"... hang on, there's more?

Clicked "manage subscriptions" and I have to log in to DS, which then sends ANOTHER email with a one-time code to verify (like name and password isn't enough). Discover there are five mailing lists that I have to manually unsubscribe from. Down the bottom it mentions the other companies who can also send me shit because I had the audacity to buy something from Dick Smith NZ:
Kogan.com, KoganTravel.com, Dicksmith.com.au, Mattblatt.com.au, or brosa.com.au

Massive GAGF on my part.
Yeah, opt-in is a thing of the past.

That title being up for grabs since the demise of Footy Park.
Those seats at footy park were what made that place cold. Like sitting on ice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved Footy Park, never saw us lose there for about 5 years before we stopped going after the finals win in 2008?
That finals game was my first game there.
I couldn’t believe how similar is was to our old Waverley/VFL Park
Still never been to a game at Adelaide Oval.
You should do it.
I went when we played our first game there against the Crows.
Incredible atmosphere.

I went to a WSC game there in the 80s there where they'd oversold tickets for the Cresswell Stand, it was packed and people were sitting in the aisles, modern occy h&s types would have been in tears. Ground's come a long way since then.
Super Test at Footy Park

Was kinda empty but such a good day for a 13-15 year old

Ergh. No afl game at all on free to air tv today in qld or northern nsw signals i get. Was hoping to be able to watch the tigers v carlton game.
Oh well ive had some weekends where due to nsw and qld teams being in certain time slots, ive seen 6-7 games on free to air.
Win some lose some

Managed to find the vfl game on 7+. Half time now. That will do me

easy-shed.png

Just don't.

Checked them out, looked at the reviews, bought. Two to four hours construction time, five easy steps.

Went to assemble this afternoon, came inside after an hour and a half of fruitless frustration trying to follow the instructions.

Googled "easyshed assembly problems" and badda bing badda boom, a couple of youtube assembly videos. And reading the comments...

"Had some fun and games installing this EASYSHED over the space of 3 days...They say its a 5 step assembly, I say more like 500 steps!"
"They say easysheds but everyone i know who has brought one says they are not easy to put together at all."
"I purchased 2 sheds. Was considering giving the 2nd one away as I found this tedious. Only partially built the second one. I think if they made prisoners assemble these in Gaol, they definitely would not reoffend."
"Yeah, I'm halfway through an Easy Shed and slowly losing the will to live. Your video has given me hope that eventually it will be done and I never ever have to do one again."

Another hour with the knowledge from the videos and one (1!) panel is complete, with six holes having to be redrilled. Off to Bunnings (ugh) tomorrow to pick up some proper tek screws and some angle brackets to hold it together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back