Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I will be taking them up on the alternative.

If they offered no alternative I might have. Just so bizarre given it's mandatory as part of the role.

And here you are doing the same thing.

You'll win a gold medal in whining .

I work in a front office at a school, which is tied in with first aid; so it's mandatory to be first aid trained. My hours are 8-4.

Next week, they are running a first aid course which is listed as voluntary, and no time in lieu can be acquired. The course runs from 3.30-4.15.

The Daily Organiser (I am the assistant DO) has the hours of 7-3. She cannot work next Wednesday, so, naturally, I will do her hours/role. (The DO organises substitute teachers and organises all the sessions that need covering each day).

Anyway, as a result of this, I went to HR and said can I have TIL given a) first aid for office staff is mandatory as it's a requirement for the role, b) I am doing 7-3 that day, so will need to be at work over an hour longer than required, or if it isn't mandatory, do I need attend? c) it is longer than a legal working day and d) you cannot make someone stay back when you are not compensating them for a requirement in their role

HR said they would get back to me after I asked this morning.

Got back to me this arvo, saying no TIL will be offered for this event. If I can't make the course, let them know and I can do it another time during my work hours.

Bloody joke. Just pay for my time I am owed/to be compensated. I'll be taking them up on the second option, which no doubt I will need to be off site for, will impact the team, and will cost them more money.
Whoever manages this is a complete and utter clown. Just let you take 45 mins or whatever whenever you want and not tell the powers above so they don't know someone got TIL against 'policy'. Job done.

Whoever manages this is a complete and utter clown. Just let you take 45 mins or whatever whenever you want and not tell the powers above so they don't know someone got TIL against 'policy'. Job done.
It's gotta align with Dept of Ed policies, but yeah it doesn't make much sense really. Shooting themselves in the foot really, but whatever.

It's gotta align with Dept of Ed policies, but yeah it doesn't make much sense really. Shooting themselves in the foot really, but whatever.
It really doesn't. Just let you slip out an hour early one day, no one even needs to know. Whoever your manager is is fool on this one. Such an easy fix

It really doesn't. Just let you slip out an hour early one day, no one even needs to know. Whoever your manager is is fool on this one. Such an easy fix
Working within policy at all times is just idiotic. Exactly as you said, it’s a harmless ****ing thing.

Now who's whining :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

It's not my manager per se, HR obvisouly has to follow Dept Ed policies, and I am pretty sure it's in the EBA.

I believe my manager has acknowledged I have a point given they have offered an alternative time for me to do it.

Now who's whining :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

It's not my manager per se, HR obvisouly has to follow Dept Ed policies, and I am pretty sure it's in the EBA.

I believe my manager has acknowledged I have a point given they have offered an alternative time for me to do it.
Your manager could just let you leave a bit early one day. They're being difficult by not just using some common sense

Less said about most HR the better though 😂

Your manager could just let you leave a bit early one day. They're being difficult by not just using some common sense

Less said about most HR the better though 😂
Yeah I know. Pretty sure if I went to the union I’d win. It’s a win of sorts anyway considering I’m leaving inside my scheduled ours (for that day).

HR is pretty good here. I like her and get along well with her.

But yeah, I would love to know how the decision came to being a no. Oh well lol

The maniac throwing hot coffee over a baby in a Brisbane park, he should be given a life sentence in jail if they catch him.

It's bad enough throwing hot coffee over anyone but throwing it over a defenceless little baby just makes it even worse.

Thankfully the baby seems to be doing OK now, hopefully he doesn't have any lifelong burn scars or mental scars from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The maniac throwing hot coffee over a baby in a Brisbane park, he should be given a life sentence in jail if they catch him.

It's bad enough throwing hot coffee over anyone but throwing it over a defenceless little baby just makes it even worse.

Thankfully the baby seems to be doing OK now, hopefully he doesn't have any lifelong burn scars or mental scars from it.
Babies’ skin is very sensitive and delicate but at the same time renews and recovers very quickly, as long as the injuries aren’t too deep. From my vast unqualified medical experience I’d say this little chap will make a full recovery. He’ll be getting the best of treatment.

He won’t even remember it, although he may never become a coffee drinker!

Babies’ skin is very sensitive and delicate but at the same time renews and recovers very quickly, as long as the injuries aren’t too deep. From my vast unqualified medical experience I’d say this little chap will make a full recovery. He’ll be getting the best of treatment.

He won’t even remember it, although he may never become a coffee drinker!
Yeh I gotta admit seeing little scratches and such healing almost overnight is amazing but burns are another bag. Reports saying he needs some pretty extensive skin grafts are really worrying.

He likely won’t remember it but I think it’s almost certain he’ll have some lasting physical scars.

The perpetrator should cop a lengthy custodial sentence with extensive mental health rehabilitation. The choice to attack some random in a park with boiling water, let alone a mother and baby, is ****ing evil.

I’ve had a dull headache now for about 4 days - it’s not intense but I know it’s there. I’m thinking it’s some kind of virus
Animated GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back