Things That Shit Me (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever watching an Eagles/Dockers match and you see the morons in the background making a 'Western Front' sign, which I must add was (is?) quite possibly the crappest show ever made.

I hate people who use pedestrian crossings when there is NO traffic in sight. Obviously the crossings are there for a reason and yes if there is heavy traffic pedestrian crossings should be used but when me and ONE other car are the only cars in sight on a quiet road at 11.30pm, just ****ing cross the road you moron.

I hate people who use pedestrian crossings when there is NO traffic in sight. Obviously the crossings are there for a reason and yes if there is heavy traffic pedestrian crossings should be used but when me and ONE other car are the only cars in sight on a quiet road at 11.30pm, just ****ing cross the road you moron.
come back when you've been hit by a car. If there is one there use it.

Even worse when said person pushes the crossing button, sees that there are no cars and crosses before they have the walk signal.

You drive up to a red and see an empty crossing with the moron who has safely crossed the road moments earlier walking away in the distance.

Happens to me often.

People who cannot look past the price of a product to realise what terrific value it is anyway. I'm so sick and tired of having my time wasted by telling people the ins and outs of things and when it comes to telling them the price, they don't buy it as its way higher than their preconceived (and incorrect) idea of the items value.

Eg 1 - Rechargable batteries.
You can charge them up to 1000 times yet they only cost ~5x more than cheapo alkalines and 2-3x more than Energizers. To me thats terrific value yet to some people its too expensive.

Eg 2 - LED Downlights
They cost about 7-12x more than a standard halogen downlight but they will last prectically forever. The ones we sell are rated to 50,000 hours compared to 1000-2000 for halogens, so we could charge 3-5 times more and you would still be getting equal value. Despite this I was still told today "that's a lot for a light globe". I wish Icould have replied "For a standard globe yes, but for one you'll never have to f*cking change it's f8cking fantastic really"

Eg 3 - Home Surveillance Packs
We sell a pack containing 4 cameras, a recorder along with everything else you need for $600. To buy this stuff individually will be well over $1000. I've lost count of the number of people who come in wanting to set up some cameras and a recorder but only want to pay a couple of hundred bucks.

Even worse when said person pushes the crossing button, sees that there are no cars and crosses before they have the walk signal.

You drive up to a red and see an empty crossing with the moron who has safely crossed the road moments earlier walking away in the distance.

Happens to me often.

+1

Also the people who mash the button in an attempt to make the lights change slightly sh*ts/amuses me.

Do they really think that in the traffic lights programming there is a provision that says "OMG that person just hits the button 5 times in 1 second, we must change now".

When you're in economy and the person infront of you puts their seat back.

Someone tried that one me. Smashed the back of his chair and he got the idea. w***er.

Happens to me often.
I do that on purpose! :D I do it even when i'm not crossing the road, just walking past. I imagine the angry driver going nutso about it. :D

Someone tried that one me. Smashed the back of his chair and he got the idea. w***er.
Who's the tosser here? If you don't like it, you're welcome to pony up for an exit row seat or premium economy / business class.

Some of us like to take a nap, and those extra few degrees of reduced elevation prevent our heads flopping forward when we drift off.

Who's the tosser here? If you don't like it, you're welcome to pony up for an exit row seat or premium economy / business class.

Some of us like to take a nap, and those extra few degrees of reduced elevation prevent our heads flopping forward when we drift off.
And if you don't like your chair being hit by someone who doesn't want to see your bald head, then you can always pay to sleep in comfort. I'm just going to 'accidentally' bump it, kick it, knock it, knee it the whole time you have it in my area, you won't be getting any sleep.

And if you don't like your chair being hit by someone who doesn't want to see your bald head, then you can always pay to sleep in comfort. I'm just going to 'accidentally' bump it, kick it, knock it, knee it the whole time you have it in my area, you won't be getting any sleep.
Yeah, I've had people moved for that. Airlines tend to be surprisingly accommodating of their Platinum Frequent Flyers.

come back when you've been hit by a car. If there is one there use it.

lol give me a break. I said if traffic was heavy then they should be used, but 2 cars on a long stretch of road? Just ****ing cross.

And yes it is worse when someone pushes the button THEN crosses before the walk signal comes on. I remember once some bitch, must've been about 20, pressed the button but then decided she didn't want to cross anymore, so the lights went red and then traffic started to bank up over a main road almost causing two crashes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things that shit me: ******ed drivers

Impatient ones at that. I was turning left on to St George terrace coming off Mill st or something but the left turning lane is extremely narrow and if there is a bus in the middle lane going right (as there was this time) its even tighter and this bus was slightly hogging my lane. The arrow was green whilst the turn right arrow was red but I couldn't squeeze past the bus so I had to pull up in my truck behind him and just wait. Idiot behind me kept blaring their horn for me to go forward (even when it was plainly obvious to them I couldn't) which I could have done just for them but would have sliced the bus open with my side mirror and also taken out the light pole at the pedestrian crossing, which I am sure the people waiting to cross would have been delighted about. Patience people, PATIENCE!

Whenever watching an Eagles/Dockers match and you see the morons in the background making a 'Western Front' sign, which I must add was (is?) quite possibly the crappest show ever made.

The problem is most of these people are fully grown adults. Looks like they have major maturity issues.

There is a hook turn on every corner in the Melbourne CBD. They exist for a reason.

So why do hook turns not exist at the corner of King and Latrobe?? Westbound, it's a perpetual bottleneck.

Should be a no right turn period, but they go and choose the stoopidist alternative. Shits me!

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but idiots who take 15 minutes to fill up their car with petrol.

On my way home from uni today I had about 1/4 of a tank left, so I decided to get some petrol. I pulled in, where there were no spots left, so I waited behind the one car who didn't yet have someone else waiting in line. I sat there for 2 minutes while he continued to fill up, then watched him dawdle painfully to the register, only for him to dawdle back to the car, spend the next 5-6 minutes (not exaggerating) filling up more. He then dawdled to the register, 10+ minutes later, he comes out with food from the next door takeaway shop. Seriously, what the hell? I couldn't move as there were was a car behind me, but it took a lot for me to stay relatively calm. Isn't there a courtesy rule where you pay and drive up to a car park if you want to go shopping?

On my way home from uni today I had about 1/4 of a tank left, so I decided to get some petrol. I pulled in, where there were no spots left, so I waited behind the one car who didn't yet have someone else waiting in line. I sat there for 2 minutes while he continued to fill up, then watched him dawdle painfully to the register, only for him to dawdle back to the car, spend the next 5-6 minutes (not exaggerating) filling up more. He then dawdled to the register, 10+ minutes later, he comes out with food from the next door takeaway shop. Seriously, what the hell? I couldn't move as there were was a car behind me, but it took a lot for me to stay relatively calm. Isn't there a courtesy rule where you pay and drive up to a car park if you want to go shopping?
a simple spray from out the window would of worked.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but idiots who take 15 minutes to fill up their car with petrol.

Yeah tends to happen all the time to me, and to people I see while at the servo. Only yesterday I was parked behind an old guy who walked ever so slowly inside to pay his petrol, then walked back, dropped his wallet, then must've ran into a friend and started chatting with him and having a laugh, then because he was about 65-70, he didn't get into the car like a normal person, he put his back to car and slowly lowered himself into the drivers seat (what really fat women do) , closed the door after about 30 seconds, then slowly drove off. It's annoying because it was 8.30am in the morning and it was an old bastard who obviously has no commitments. FFS you're retired, do all your running around during the day and stop holding up us working people in peak hour! :mad:

On people taking their time: When buying a train ticket in a rush or a ticket to the footy and the person in front of you wants to tell their life story to the preson behind the window. Didn't think it was that hard to work out roughly want you want to buy before getting to the window without needing to ask a million questions.

Also when at the footy and lining up at the TAB to use one of the machines and the person in front spends about 5 minutes working out this complex multi then decides to cancel it and just walks away.

On people taking their time: When buying a train ticket in a rush or a ticket to the footy and the person in front of you wants to tell their life story to the preson behind the window. Didn't think it was that hard to work out roughly want you want to buy before getting to the window without needing to ask a million questions.
Absolutely! All you want is a ticket to melbourne, and the person infront of you wants to go here, then there, and how long would it take to go to over there? what about here? how much would it cost if i left from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back