Things That Shit Me (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't know what they do, get down to your member's office and find out. They'll be more than happy to give you a ton of literature telling you all the great things they do for the community.

Get on the web and look up your member's voting record. Read the local rag, follow the preselections for the major parties. At election time, attend open forums and debates. Democracy is a participation sport.

Not everybody is that way inclined. I find it hard to make time to do things I'm actually interested in, there's no way i'd research in any great detail what my local member does with their time.

I don't like putting time into things I consider wasteful. And by that I mean I believe politics is a PR game and there's little difference between the major parties. The glaringly obvious differences like overt racism (liberals) means i will vote against them. Basically i think people in politics are slimey snakes - doesn't really matter which party they belong to and I'm not interested in knowing more about them because I don't believe much of what they say. My time is better spent on other things.

Having said that, i do admire your involvement. :thumbsu:

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the Australian voter.

I'd just like to mention again that I wasn't someone who whinged over the recent leadership change, nor do I whinge about politics in general, so I'm not one of those people complains about politics without ever having a proper engagement with it.

If there were actually marked ideological differences and extremes between both of the major parties, then maybe people like myself might take some more time to think about politics in Australia. As it stands though, there's not really that much difference between the major parties, so it often comes down to which leader presents better around election time.

When workmen say they will come prepared for the job, and they actually don't. Presumed at least 2 or more would be around to shift furniture before they replace carpet in the lounge/dining room area(s). And only ONE person shows up.

He nearly had a fit when he saw the size of the job..... Not our households fault, as we told the company how hard it would likely be (obviously impossible for ONE person to do on their own). And the company agreed that they would do it all.....

When a perfectly good youtube video is ruined by a crap song that also doesn't fit in with the video at all. Especially with sports clips, just let me hear the commentary :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this has been bought up.

Seeing a thread on BigFooty has like 4 extra pages from the last time you read it, thinking it should be a good read, reading through it and it is nothing but bad attempted jokes, irrelevant posts, and pissing contests.

So basically 99% of the threads.

Not sure if this has been bought up.

Seeing a thread on BigFooty has like 4 extra pages from the last time you read it, thinking it should be a good read, reading through it and it is nothing but bad attempted jokes, irrelevant posts, and pissing contests.

So basically 99% of the threads.
AFL Video Game thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back