Society & Culture Things that shit me (Part 8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you calmed down and you realise that she isn't a moron. They have to follow a code of conduct and just because you want the strong pain killers. If they way you have talked about it on bigfooty was the way you presented yourself to the doc I'm not suprised you didn't get anything.

Just a quick few internet searches, perhaps they might help you relieve the pain for you. Reading them, all say the same thing about painkillers. Over the counter stuff.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Perforated-eardrum/Pages/Treatment.aspx

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001038.htm

http://www.umm.edu/ency/article/001038trt.htm

edit** perhaps the cotton bud comment was probably the wrong advice.

No it WAS the wrong advice to give .

I wasn't carrying on like that with her ( although I wish I could have) I was simply venting in the appropriate thread Anyway she has a very bad rep in my town as it is infact I have heard more negativity about her than positive comments.

I went to the Hospital today to get the required medication and was given them without any hesitation by the Hospital Doctor :) Even he couldn't understand why she acted the way she did and he told me that the Quack I have been seeing has had numerous complaints made against her regarding the way she talks to her patients and how she has handled some very serious and potentially deadly situations at her Medical practise.

He also said that she has no right what so ever to tell a patient that they really aren't in that much pain etc etc.

At times I felt that maybe if I had actually got alittle bit nasty with her it might actually wake her up abit in regards to the way she has mistreated me in the past but it won't make things better it will only make it worse.

It appears to me that is your typical doctor who is only really in that job for the money and not the actual job itself Shes also the only Doctor in my town so she knows that she really doesn't have much competition to worry about so she thinks she can treat everyone the way she wants to.

This isnt the first time she has treated me in an inappropriate way either. I'm just not going to continue going there and what the Hosp Doctor told me today ( that I'm not allowed to repeat) shes probably not gonna be there much longer anyway.

I'm gonna go to another Doc in the next town ( which is about 25 mins away) its gonna be alittle inconvenient for me but hopefully i'll get treated alot better.

people who complain about dogs on the off lead dog beach,if you dont like dogs go to another beach.

The problem is that taking a dog to a dog beach does not mean you can let them off then go off for a swim. You still need to remain in "effective control" and monitor the dog closely. Very few people actually realise this.

I've had several incidents with larger loose dogs attacking my small dogs on leads whilst the owners are simply swimming and yelling out to the dog to no avail.

I don't think that is very fair.

I went to the Hospital today to get the required medication and was given them without any hesitation by the Hospital Doctor :) Even he couldn't understand why she acted the way she did and he told me that the Quack I have been seeing has had numerous complaints made against her regarding the way she talks to her patients and how she has handled some very serious and potentially deadly situations at her Medical practise.

He also said that she has no right what so ever to tell a patient that they really aren't in that much pain etc etc.

I'm calling bullshit.

I'm calling bullshit.

Um you can call Bullshit all you like I don't need to lie about anything on here, Its your choice whether to believe me or not :rolleyes: and TBH I dont really care either way so......

I live in a very small district, everyone knows everyone which either could be a very good thing or a very bad thing, especially if you are a doctor. I know the Doctor who works at the hospital ( outside of his work place) and have so for 10 years+ and he only knows about her through the his patients who have no doubt complained to him about her ethics. He isnt allowed to tell me too much on other doctors but what he told me yesterday really doesn't come to me as a shock about her either All he said to me is that alot of people have complained or have made complaints about her to him and that from what he has heard thinks that she won't be practising very much longer. ( like I said he isnt allowed to tell me what the complaints were about) But I have heard things from other people in my town and I'm sure they don't need to lie about anything.

I'm not sure why I am explaining this to as you probably don't believe a word of it but like I said I have no reason to lie .
What you don't think Doctors gossip about other Doctors??? If you don't then you sir are very very mistaken.

If this doctor is so bad, loyallion, why hasn't your mate reported them?

Your gripe is about her clinical judgment; I would have thought the doctor with an ethical problem was the one willing to throw a colleague under the bus by reciting allegations to other patients.

And how does a very small district, where everyone knows everyone, have a hospital?

The problem is that taking a dog to a dog beach does not mean you can let them off then go off for a swim. You still need to remain in "effective control" and monitor the dog closely. Very few people actually realise this.

I've had several incidents with larger loose dogs attacking my small dogs on leads whilst the owners are simply swimming and yelling out to the dog to no avail.

I agree with most of your post but I've found that it is usually the smaller dogs that come up and start yapping and antagonising the larger dogs.
Then their owners start yelling at you when your dog starts having a go back at them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah l know you should/must have control but there is the odd time some thing's might happen.

l have labs l take them to the beach afair bit only had a few issues.

one where 2 girls were swimming and had 5 small dogs all of the lead.
they thought it was funny they were barking at my two and following us up the beach.l had my 2 on the lead l told them control there dogs or l let my 2 of the lead, l know my younger lab would chase them away he would noy hurt them of bit them.

The other one was where my younger lab found and started eating some open fishing bait left no where the fishman. as my older one got of the lead (it got loose some how) as you know labs love food.l that some fault but not all.

but as the beach l go to is a all month off lead dog beach and if l go for a swim they come with me.l my sound like l am having ago at you but l think its 50/50 for both partys near dogs and slighty 55/45 at dog beaches.

I agree with most of your post but I've found that it is usually the smaller dogs that come up and start yapping and antagonising the larger dogs.
Then their owners start yelling at you when your dog starts having a go back at them.

Got to agree here - I have a small dog with little dog syndrome and have to say that 95% of the time he is the instigator - there is not a dog out there that he doesn't think he can take down.

The Hosp is in another town 45 mins away

Ok, fair enough :)

With the risk of sounding like the dirtiest, unclean poster on bigfooty (which I believe I'm not), warts shit me. I have one on the back of my finger, that has been burnt about 6 times, and it must just keep getting infected or whatever that causes warts, no matter how hard i try to keep it clean.

I also get them regularly from my feet from when I didn't wear thongs in swimming showers...i do now, but they are hard to get rid of.
**** me they are disgusting things.

Near shits me to tears

When the weather forecaster gets it horribly wrong

Wrong by 180°

∴ The forecast for today was for fine weather, not a cloud in the sky, there was a 20% chance of rain, but its been humid and bucketing down with rain and 27 mms of rain has fallen :mad:

No it WAS the wrong advice to give .

I wasn't carrying on like that with her ( although I wish I could have) I was simply venting in the appropriate thread Anyway she has a very bad rep in my town as it is infact I have heard more negativity about her than positive comments.

At times I felt that maybe if I had actually got alittle bit nasty with her it might actually wake her up abit in regards to the way she has mistreated me in the past but it won't make things better it will only make it worse.

It appears to me that is your typical doctor who is only really in that job for the money and not the actual job itself Shes also the only Doctor in my town so she knows that she really doesn't have much competition to worry about so she thinks she can treat everyone the way she wants to.

This isnt the first time she has treated me in an inappropriate way either. I'm just not going to continue going there and what the Hosp Doctor told me today ( that I'm not allowed to repeat) shes probably not gonna be there much longer anyway.

I'm gonna go to another Doc in the next town ( which is about 25 mins away) its gonna be alittle inconvenient for me but hopefully i'll get treated alot better.

LL Can I ask? Why did you go to a different Doctor instead of sticking with the original Doctor who treated the problem??? I just read an older post of yours.

You should have just went back to the Doctor who helped you by getting the Beetle out of your ear:).

Also Doctors also have a code of conduct to follow and because she wasn't the original doctor who treated you in the first place she may have found your request to be wrong or sadly she may have thought you could have been lying, Although if you had proof of the event and she could see the damage for herself all she would had to do is call the other doctor and asked what they did?? and how they treated it.:confused::confused::confused:

She offered you Oxycontin for a Tooth ache /Abscess and wouldn't allow you to take Panadine Forte???? I think that is very odd But it isnt the first I have heard of this happening. Some Doctors have opinions and belief's on certain painkillers that other Doctors disagree with this could be another reason.

If you have a medical problem you should always see the original doctor who is/or has treated the problem. Going to a completely different doctor is only going to confuse you and because they all different techniques they will handle it differently.

Also if you have has issues with this Doctor in the past why do you keep going back? You should have a good relationship with your Gp and feel comfortable whilst consulting a Gp and TBH you sound very unhappy with the way she treats you. Stop going to her and go see someone else, If there is a history of Hostility between you and her you arent gonna get the treatment that you are seeking.

As for the Doctors suggestions to you how to handle the situation next time You NEVER stick a Cotton Bud in your ear EVER if you had done that you could have pushed it in further and really caused some nasty damage. For a GP to tell you to do that in the first place is very irresponsible. As for asking you if the Beetle was alive when if crawled in, That sounds like a Pisstake to me If this was me I would be going to see another Doctor ASAP.

Oh and Doctors do infact gossip, some can be very cruel about Patients and other Doctors. The Hospital Doctors sounds like he has heard a few things or to about the other one and if its a very small area you live in they would no doubt know each other in one way or the other. Some Doctors do infact speak horribly about other doctors so they can get your business I'm not saying he is I'm just saying that some doctors do this.

Do you live in Qld? if you do please Pm me and Ill send you a link that you can type out an official complaint about this "quack" as you have put it:D and do something about it, instead of going back to her.

I hope that your ear will get better soon :) and it must be a horrible thing to have happen to you.

I'm not laying blame with either large or small dogs. That's not really my point but more just my experiences. My dogs remain on extender lead even at the beach because I know I can't trust one of them to come back when called. Neither bark or antagonize other dogs.

I'm sure there are irritant dogs both big and small as well as irritant owners...

Ok, fair enough :)

With the risk of sounding like the dirtiest, unclean poster on bigfooty (which I believe I'm not), warts shit me. I have one on the back of my finger, that has been burnt about 6 times, and it must just keep getting infected or whatever that causes warts, no matter how hard i try to keep it clean.

I also get them regularly from my feet from when I didn't wear thongs in swimming showers...i do now, but they are hard to get rid of.
**** me they are disgusting things.

Near shits me to tears
you dirty ba#@$rd!

I'm not laying blame with either large or small dogs. That's not really my point but more just my experiences. My dogs remain on extender lead even at the beach because I know I can't trust one of them to come back when called. Neither bark or antagonize other dogs.

I'm sure there are irritant dogs both big and small as well as irritant owners...

The big catch 22 is that dogs seem to pick up on their owners anxieties, so owners worried about their dogs fighting often seem to have problems with dogs fighting.
In reality ( with a few exceptions, and the owners would probably know who they are ) if you left a heap of dogs together without any humans they would pretty much sort themselves out without any major damage ( those with small dog syndrome probably most likely to be damaged).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back