Society & Culture Things that shit me (Part 8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportsbet.com.au asking themselves far way more toruble than it's worth over the stephanie rice betting market.

I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if there's double ups

- mormons, I always say now, I'll talk to you about anything.. except GOD
- wanderers in the supermarket with no basket or trolley
- stepping in a wet bathroom and getting socks wet
- coming home after work to a dirty kitchen
- pouring a bowl of cereal and then picking up the milk and there's not enough
- intrusive ads. During the cricket now they shrink the screen during the over and show a 'border' ad (I'm in Hong Kong, get the star cricket feed)
- people who line up with more than 8 items in the express isle, and then try to pay with a credit card... no buddy, that ain't cool
- hot pillows..got to turn that ****er over every 10 min in summer

Did anyone catch John Saffron's show, when he went doorknocking in Salt Lake City, to discuss Catholicism.
They werent happy at all, mostly totally impolite and I resolved to respond in kind to Mormons doorknocking.

How does this even work.
What stopps Stephanie from putting a massive bet on then cleaning up.
Can they just put odds on random events?

as i said, a betting market like that which is very ambigious is just going to be a pain in the ass...

what constitutes a boyfriend anyway?? there's quite a few broad definition ranges there....

if i was working there i'd be pissed off because it's the worker bee's that have to deal with people ringing up "No but i saw her out with cipriani on the weekend. that's bullshit. they must be going on" and so on and so forth....

So a guy is supposed to somehow telepathically learn that you find them 'hot' and only then have a crack?

Quite a set of rules you've got going.
Digging a little too deep there, SJ. When I said "hot guy" I was just throwing words around.

Doesn't mean I'll mind if average/unfortunate-looking guys ask me.

Having said that, I'm sure you'd feel a lot better if a beautiful girl was hitting on you, than a bunch of women at least 50 years your senior yelling at you from a bench in a busy city. Right?

Never heard the phrase 'if you never try, you'll never succeed'?
Yeah because 5 old men "succeeding" with an 18 year old is totally a good thing. Definitely looked upon in society with a kind eye.

Also I noticed you used the word 'pedo' in your previous post.
Unless you meant 'growing up' as <12-13 and not as a teenager, try and refrain from throwing around fairly severe words which you don't know the meaning of.
When I was 13 my mum's 23 yr old male co-worker had a crush on me.

Her boss (who was at least 45) hit on me and complimented me constantly.

I've had friends' dads flirt with me and ask if I had any boyfriends.

...I was r*ped when I was 15 by an old man.

I have the right to feel the way I do about creepy old men. I didn't want to go into detail but oh well. You and DA can criticise me by all means, it's not like there's a person with feelings behind the screen.

I sound like a total drama queen. I probably am. Well, guess what? I don't give a shit. If I find old pervs creepy, that's my problem not yours.

Play the insult card again guys. Go on.

hot-under-collar.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Digging a little too deep there, SJ. When I said "hot guy" I was just throwing words around.

Doesn't mean I'll mind if average/unfortunate-looking guys ask me.

Having said that, I'm sure you'd feel a lot better if a beautiful girl was hitting on you, than a bunch of women at least 50 years your senior yelling at you from a bench in a busy city. Right?

Certainly, who wouldn't. But I'm not going to get pissed off at someone just for trying.

Yeah because 5 old men "succeeding" with an 18 year old is totally a good thing. Definitely looked upon in society with a kind eye.

Happens more than occasionally, certainly would be a good thing for them, just look at that Doug Hutchison guy (there's a thread about it on GD). I'm sure as long as the law isn't broken (which it isn't) then he cares little how he is looked upon by society. Seems to be 'good' for her too (not that I can figure out why).

When I was 13 my mum's 23 yr old male co-worker had a crush on me.

Her boss (who was at least 45) hit on me and complimented me constantly.

I've had friends' dads flirt with me and ask if I had any boyfriends.
Probably annoying, and unlikely to have anything to do with pedophilia.

...I was r*ped when I was 15 by an old man.

Definitely bad, but almost certainly nothing to do with pedophila.

I have the right to feel the way I do about creepy old men. I didn't want to go into detail but oh well. You and DA can criticise me by all means, it's not like there's a person with feelings behind the screen.

You do, I'm not arguing with you.

I sound like a total drama queen. I probably am. Well, guess what? I don't give a shit. If I find old pervs creepy, that's my problem not yours.

Play the insult card again guys. Go on.

You're fully entitled to.

I just don't like people throwing around a word like pedophilia when they clearly don't know what it means.

Certainly, who wouldn't. But I'm not going to get pissed off at someone just for trying.

Happens more than occasionally, certainly would be a good thing for them, just look at that Doug Hutchison guy (there's a thread about it on GD). I'm sure as long as the law isn't broken (which it isn't) then he cares little how he is looked upon by society. Seems to be 'good' for her too (not that I can figure out why).

Probably annoying, and unlikely to have anything to do with pedophilia.

Definitely bad, but almost certainly nothing to do with pedophila.

You do, I'm not arguing with you.

You're fully entitled to.

I just don't like people throwing around a word like pedophilia when they clearly don't know what it means.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=pedophile

Don't know about you, but I'd class anything below 16 strictly as a child or casually as a young adult.

I'd like to know how 5 old men "trying" with me is okay?

The law is being broken because it's sexual harrassment.

And I doubt 5 guys commenting on your **** and ass at the same time would be so they can get an emotional relationship out of you.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=pedophile

Don't know about you, but I'd class anything below 16 strictly as a child or casually as a young adult.

The medical definition of pedophilia is exclusive or primary sexual attraction to a prepubescent child.

How many children go through puberty at 16?

I'd like to know how 5 old men "trying" with me is okay?

What isn't ok about it? As long as it stops when you indicate your lack of interest.

The law is being broken because it's sexual harrassment.

Pretty certain (happy to be corrected) no law applies in that situation so it isn't.

And I doubt 5 guys commenting on your **** and ass at the same time would be so they can get an emotional relationship out of you.
So do I.

The medical definition of pedophilia is exclusive or primary sexual attraction to a prepubescent child.
So we're talking medical definitions now? On a "Things That Shit Me" thread on a generally loose forum, is that required?

Your name is Simple Jack. But technically Jack isn't Simple is he?*

How many children go through puberty at 16?
Most people don't stop growing at 16. So just about everyone to answer your question.

What isn't ok about it? As long as it stops when you indicate your lack of interest.
They asked if I was single. I said no and started to walk away, then that's when they made the **** and ass comments. So it is not okay.

Pretty certain (happy to be corrected) no law applies in that situation so it isn't.
Recently, my younger male cousin was expelled and got into trouble with the police after he sexually harrassed a girl and made comments about her body.

It's a tough life huh.

What a ridiculous post.
Watch any movie for the last 50 years and see how many times the opposite occurs.

So we're talking medical definitions now? On a "Things That Shit Me" thread on a generally loose forum, is that required?
It is when using strong terms like 'pedo'
I'm sure if someone (who wasn't) was referred to as a rapist given your circumstances you wouldn't be happy about it.

Your name is Simple Jack. But technically Jack isn't Simple is he?*
An alternate, more politically correct term for someone who genuinely suffers from a mental illness. Also a movie character.

If my name was calling someone who wasn't mentally ill '******ed' then yes you would have a point.

Most people don't stop growing at 16. So just about everyone to answer your question.

What does that have to do with pedophilia?

They asked if I was single. I said no and started to walk away, then that's when they made the **** and ass comments. So it is not okay.

Fair enough, not illegal but certainly not acceptable.

Recently, my younger male cousin was expelled and got into trouble with the police after he sexually harrassed a girl and made comments about her body.

The Sex Discrimination Act makes it unlawful for a person to sexually harass another person in a number of areas including employment, education, the provision of goods and services and accommodation.

It's a tough life huh.

Depends greatly on your circumstances.

So she shits you over something she can't control?:rolleyes:

She can easily control things like this if she wanted to. Sportingbet are basically taking the piss out of her and if she has any brains perhaps she limit the things that are likely to be written about. Like I said I dont see this type of betting market happening to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back