Things that shit me

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, i hate to burst your bubble, but as someone who has done both i can tell you they ARE 2 different things.

Think of your arm as a glass window. Say that glass gets a massive crack in it but is still in one piece. Thats the equivalent of a fracture. Now break that window into 2 and you guessed it, thats like a broken bone.

I confer and i would like to add that people who think they're the same thing ANNOY me.

Refereeing in soccer games against Australia.

Absolutely. The bloke who brought down Wilkshire with the two-footer didn't even get a talking to, when he should have been sent straight off. Not to mention the soft decisions with Carney's yellow card and also the penalty.

Absolutely. The bloke who brought down Wilkshire with the two-footer didn't even get a talking to, when he should have been sent straight off. Not to mention the soft decisions with Carney's yellow card and also the penalty.

Agreed. Damn inverse racism.

How good was it when he missed that penalty though :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterb
People who think a broken bone and a fractured bone are two different things.

Erm, i hate to burst your bubble, but as someone who has done both i can tell you they ARE 2 different things.

Think of your arm as a glass window. Say that glass gets a massive crack in it but is still in one piece. Thats the equivalent of a fracture. Now break that window into 2 and you guessed it, thats like a broken bone.

I would agree if a bone is fractured, it could reasonably be described as 'broken'. But if the next person thinks being 'broken' requires the fragments to be separated, they would not think that would apply to a bone that is only cracked. This may be a reasonable interpretation but all 'broken' objects are not separated into fragments.

A cracked bone is a greenstick [or perhaps 'stress'?] fracture.

I get pissed off when Oasis take so long to release a follow up album.

what is your obsession with oasis? first you think they're the hardest band around and now your eagerly awaitng an album that will be without doubt worse than the last one, which was worse than the one before , which was worse thasn the one before, ever since their glory days in what 1995?

Tightarse mates.

Everyone's got one, the type that..

always goes missing when it's their shout, or when a bill appears.

is always the first one in the taxi, but never pays.

when you're away with mates, eats everyone else's food, drinks everyone else's beer and disappears whenever everyone puts in money for said foodstuffs.

reminds you of the time they bought you a beer three years ago when they've run out of money for the night.

buys the one burger from Maccas at the end of a night, but fills themselves up with everyone else's fries.

uses up half the bar tab in the first half an hour, then doesn't drink for the rest of the night.

always reassures you that they've got money for a ride home, even though you know they don't.

Then when someone brings up their said lack of spending, they get all defensive and act the victim.

**** they're annoying.

what is your obsession with oasis? first you think they're the hardest band around and now your eagerly awaitng an album that will be without doubt worse than the last one, which was worse than the one before , which was worse thasn the one before, ever since their glory days in what 1995?

1st Bolded Point:- THey make great tunes.

2nd Bolded Point:- 10 years ago yes, these days their a lot more mellow

3rd Bolded Point:- Don't Believe The Truth was mega, colossal and a return to form.

Heathen Chemistry proved that genius never completely left Oasis

SOTHSOG was pure shit, except for track 1 and track 2. Can listen to all the tracks every now and then.

Be Here Now had its great moments as well, but **** it, it had johny deep playing on it.

Now **** off.

oasis is for english louts or 26 year old who used to like thewm when they were 13 becuase they thought they were cool and now have convinced themselves that they still are. face it buddy, oasis suck, they are just a bunch of whiny english gits playing out of tune rubbish and getting in fights with people who then proceed to knock them out.

but if you pick up then they're still paying for a phone call, yes?

Hey AC, i thought of you last night when i was driving during peak hour traffic. This hoon sped to over take me after tail gating me, i made a mental note of his number plate but suspected i wouldn't do anything about it, then i saw him flick his cig butt out of his window. I'm going to dob him in for the double banger. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hey AC, i thought of you last night when i was driving during peak hour traffic. This hoon sped to over take me after tail gating me, i made a mental note of his number plate but suspected i wouldn't do anything about it, then i saw him flick his cig butt out of his window. I'm going to dob him in for the double banger. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

He does sound like a hoon. He was probably speeding as well. So speeding, tailgating, flicking his cigarette on the window and being a w***er (surely there's something against that). Really should be pulled up on four counts.

He does sound like a hoon. He was probably speeding as well. So speeding, tailgating, flicking his cigarette on the window and being a w***er (surely there's something against that). Really should be pulled up on four counts.

He was speeding, which proved superfilous because we were in PEAK HOUR BUMPER TO BUMPER TRAFFIC. Idiot, yeah i've got his details written down in the car... should i dob him in? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a big step for me ac, if i dob on him I'm shifting my moral core to a place I'm unfamiliar with. I need to think about this some more.

Tim Lane's commentary
Smokers
Housewives that see other housewives (generally mothers whose children are friends at school) in supermarkets and decide to stand in the middle of an aisle, with two trolley loads of food, blocking everyone, while their kids, bored shitless are running amok pushing shit over.
Roman Ambromivich
The fact that the 3pm EPL games are 2am Sunday morning over here
The thugs in the scallop industry that sacked Get This
The fact most people don't get my Get This references
The fact that 99% of sporting fields in Melbourne are completely and utterly ****ed due to councils not acting until too late. Surely they could see the water restrictions trend was forseeable and some sort of irrigation policy should have been set up at the start of this decade
The fact I have a cold, and it's March
The fact it is March, and a week ago we were in 40 degree days, and now it's lucky to get to 15.
The Mole not being on anymore
I bought a pack of footy cards at the newsagents today with loose change, and got Jason Blake, Brett Peake, Rick Ladson, Matthew Bate, Daniel Motlop, Dustin Fletcher, Heath Scotland and an Aaron Fiora hologram card - has there ever been a worse pack of footy cards ever made?
Religion - every type - all it does is start wars, because some group of morons believe that their God does such and such whilst another one believes something different. How about believing in facts? NOT REAL.
The guy on the 4.57pm train from Parliament station that gets off at Greensborough that sits in the 6th carriage who is bald and has a throat beard that doesn't even go on his chin. What are you? Amish? I've spent two months trying to work out your gimmick every night, and I still have no idea what you're trying to play at with that facial hair - wait - it's not even on your face! Shave it ffs.
Andrew Demetriou
Ticketmaster
Ticketmaster handling fees. Does it cost $8 to print a piece of paper and put it in an envelope?
Bandwagoners
People that support a particular football code, and spend their time just bagging others
People that call teams "Sh!tney" or "St Blunda" or other stupid names. It's lame and immature.
Des Headland's tattoo, is he going to update it in a couple of years when she is older. ********.
Football players fist pumping when the game is beyond doubt - D.Headland last week.
Tattoos in general, mostly summed up by the guy I saw at Adelaide train station in January that had in cursive writing "I ****ing hate flies" tattooed on his back.
People that never see the glass as half full
The judge that banned Underbelly being shown here, so I have to watch it on my computer
Dale61 from Nicks' Magpies site. I've told you over there and I'll put it here too, you are a f**kwit
The fact I have to get up at 6.35am every morning to go to work when I don't want to
Folding a rubbish hand in poker, say 7/2, only for 7/7/2 to appear on the flop.
Australian cricket selectors
Illegal drug takers in general - you're not cool
Illegal drug takers that try to justify taking drugs - you're just dumb
People that don't talk unless talked to. Be a loner then.
My house not having air conditioning
Pens that leak

I also feel that supporting an AFL team outside of your home state is disgraceful but its becoming more acceptable.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I've never lived in Melbourne (I've lived in Perth since the age of 9), but the first game of footy I watched was the '93 Grand Final, and I've been a loyal Bombers fan since. Nothing will make me change that.

Regarding your comment about people not supporting Australia in international sports, I never barrack for teams or sportsmen just because they are local. I support them because I like their sportsmanship and their skill. Nationality has nothing to do with it at all.

oasis is for english louts or 26 year old who used to like thewm when they were 13 becuase they thought they were cool and now have convinced themselves that they still are. face it buddy, oasis suck, they are just a bunch of whiny english gits playing out of tune rubbish and getting in fights with people who then proceed to knock them out.

Get ****ed ********.

fractures and breaks are the same thing. There are just different types of fractures...displaced (like a break), undisplaced (like a fracture), or comminuted (lots of shattered pieces).

Get ****ed ********.

wah wah wah, someone doesn't like oasis and now i'm going to have a cry, waaaaaaah. i notice you have live forever as your favourite oasis song HAHAHAHAHAHAH that is the biggest load of junk i have heard in all my life, you have NO taste in musuc, actually that was wrongm, you have really BAD taste if you think that is a good tune, you just suck at life don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back