Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does the sequel; More Things

Remove this Banner Ad

I went there a few times, one time a little kid pointed at me and started crying, probably because I'm a huge white guy ha ha, so racist!
That's not racist. It's innate in humans to look for or at least notice differences, whether you intend to or not. In prehistoric times it was a matter of life and death to be able to spot "the other" who would compete with/fight you for food, territory, women. As society evolved and immediate danger of strangers receded, people (some of them) learned to tolerate and live with "others". Humans prefer to associate with those similar to themselves, which is why if you are in a foreign country where the people are physically different you stand out and provoke curiosity, sometimes hostility, or little kids crying :D. It's universal.

That's not racist. It's innate in humans to look for or at least notice differences, whether you intend to or not. In prehistoric times it was a matter of life and death to be able to spot "the other" who would compete with/fight you for food, territory, women. As society evolved and immediate danger of strangers receded, people (some of them) learned to tolerate and live with "others". Humans prefer to associate with those similar to themselves, which is why if you are in a foreign country where the people are physically different you stand out and provoke curiosity, sometimes hostility, or little kids crying :D. It's universal.

I was joking with the racist thing btw

I went there a few times, one time a little kid pointed at me and started crying, probably because I'm a huge white guy ha ha, so racist!
You mean after you stole his ice cream and taunted him with it?
Screenshot_20240530-190935.png

I eat the lid of the meat pie first.
The meat from the pie is less likely to go everywhere that way. Because it stays together better without the lid.
Just have to sauce it twice is all.

I think I've eaten maybe 1 meat pie in my life. I thought it was fine, at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hard to find a great meat pie. Most are crap processed mince meat. Occasionally you'll have one that has Angus steak chunks, combined with real mince beef and good gravy. The tradie pies from Shell servos are good.

You need to go to a decent bakery that you know does good pies I reckon.

I do love a pie, been a bit anal about what I eat in the last few years so barely eat them. It shits me when you take the hit on the weight to have a pie and it turns out to be shit, wasted calories!

You need to go to a decent bakery that you know does good pies I reckon.

I do love a pie, been a bit anal about what I eat in the last few years so barely eat them. It shits me when you take the hit on the weight to have a pie and it turns out to be shit, wasted calories!
I had a pie at the footy when I was five or six, it was all gravy and gristle, and it basically put me off them for the next thirty years until a mate of mine moved near a good bakery and I was convinced to try one of their pies.
Eat haloumi while walking on the beach so I squeak from both feet and mouth
I've made this a few times and it's a surefire winner.

I had a pie at the footy when I was five or six, it was all gravy and gristle, and it basically put me off them for the next thirty years until a mate of mine moved near a good bakery and I was convinced to try one of their pies.

I've made this a few times and it's a surefire winner.

Gough they do good pies at the Henley bakery, not the square but across from the IGA, the chili pie is top notch

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does the sequel; More Things

Remove this Banner Ad

Back