This Poor, Heroic Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor and heroic indeed.

Absolutely gutted, so close yet so far.

Good luck Saints '09, you deserve this one.

Bad luck tonight doggies I really wanted to see you boys pull it off, got a lot of respect for your club and its a shame you are not able to get that premiership that you have deserved for a quite a while now, keep your heads up it was a great performance and you helped expose some st kilda weaknesses tonight. All the best for 2010.

Bad luck fellas. Was truly cheering for you tonight and would of loved to see braddy johnson in the big dance.

A few stiff drinks is the only remedy

Feel for you boys. Know exactly where you're coming from. You'll get there, one day. Keep believing. Unlike most clubs, it's hard to disrespect the Dogs, no matter what. Another summer into your young stars and you will go places. Believe. Feel proud. Would love Lake, Boyd and Harbrow at Collingwood. Superstars.

The thing that hurts is our "window" will only remain open for so long, next year, maybe the year after that, before we go through the cycle all clubs go through and rebuild. We were so close, the last time we were this close was 97 and it hurts so much knowing that we may not get this chance again for a while. Here's hoping for 2010.

Reiwoldt & Hayes was all that stood between the dogs and the GF. A power forward that continually presents and contests without respite and a hard, tough, in & under, relentless, skilfull midfielder. Cooney needs to develop into Hayes, he can start by removing that brownlow from his neck it slows him down and (stating the obvious) just get Barry or Lloyd or anyone that can resemble a tall forward and the flag is the dogs for the taking.

Commiserations to you blokes, as you can see, I'm not a Dogs supporter but I feel so gutted for you guys, been cheering you on this finals series.
So badly I wanted the Dogs to get past St Kilda, I actually smashed my glass in frustration in the last minute, lol.
Hopefully next year will be the Dogs, they are a fantastic side, deserved the win tonight, and I truly hope Akermanis and Brad Johnson pull on the boots next year and you can win it for them.
Cheers boys.

Originally Posted by Medders_7
Sucked in to all the Dogs fans who thought they had the flag won after beating the Pies in RD22 ..... I dont care what happens tomorrow night, just happy Scumdogs aren' in the big dance.

Worth the ban.
you are an absolute scum of a person, you symbolise collingwood supporters in general, dirty disgusting creatures!!!,
No. That person doesn't symbolise anything. He is not a fan of collingwoods.

Even here you troll Freo...Classy

Mate the lowest point in a clubs history is when they are referred to as less than Freo.

Freo is the benchmark for failure.

The Bulldogs displayed class, spirit and respect in 09, dont disrespect them with you being upset about the Freo comment, bottom line, is that the doggies is a club and Freo is a team. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just needed a slice of luck tonight

They were just brilliant, all of them, they deserved to win

When are we going to get a little slice of luck?

Ted Whitten, punch the football gods in the face for me!!!! :mad:

cant describe how crap i feel i just cant belive the missed opportunities we had once again how often are the doggies goin to lose game because of inaccuarate kicking for goal.. 7.11 only needed to be 9.9 and the game was ours ahh well... what can you say? its like theres some sort of mental block that strikes bulldogs players when they are staring a grand final spot in the face. im so proud of the boys to see them after the game watching the replay at home absolutly distraught just showed me it meant as much to them as it does to us hopefully they rebound stronger and give it one last crack for johnno, aker, hudson, welsh, eagleton and co.

this is the worst part.. waiting to see how they respond in 2010

go the doggies

really feel for you guys, st kilda got out of jail there.

As everyone said keep your heads up your improvement is evident season by season.

A few years ago you were a hard running, quick side with no physical prescence and now which was clearly evident tonight that you are tough enough to mix it with the best.

You are developing quite nicely and are only missing a few minor ingredients for that ultimate success.

I should be excited as the pies are playing a Prelim today but I still feel bad for you guys.

I hated that it was the doggies. I don't really care about the other teams but there is an affinity between our 2 clubs, at least in my eyes. If its the dogs in the granny next year I will go and scream my lungs out for you guys.

We're scumbags? Coming from a COLLINGWOOD supporter. Is it any wonder why you guys are the most detested club in the AFL. Go *** yourself.

Your ENTIRE supporter base are absoulete terrible exuses for human beings, and what is worse is that you make your players look like role models, considering you have players like Didak in your team, that's a pretty big insult.

TWAT!

STFU, all but one Collingwood supporter here has had nothing but nice things to say. I was shattered that the Bulldogs lost myself.

Your post is worse than the Collingwood supporters one.

I get the feeling a similar Greek tragedy will unfold tonight and we'll be in the same boat.. Cats and Saints just seem destined to meet each other in the GF this year

I get the feeling a similar Greek tragedy will unfold tonight and we'll be in the same boat.. Cats and Saints just seem destined to meet each other in the GF this year

It feels a bit like that doesn't it?

At least you are lucky to have 1990. I would give anything just to have one year where we can win a flag. Then results like last nights wouldn't really hurt so much.

Hey Guys

You probably don't like me as a saints supporter at the moment but not here to rub it in or bag you, The Doggies played far better than us last night and you really did deserve it. Don't be to shattered with what happend in 2004 we lost to Port by 4 points and I know how you must feel. I can also admit the umpiring was terrible both ways BUT more so yours because that Lake on Roo free kick was horrble. You guys will be great again next year even more so if you have the threat of barry hall in the forward line, just stick with your team boys you have everything bar the full forward that is going to win you a premiership.

Congrats on a great year and good luck for next year :thumbsu:.

It feels a bit like that doesn't it?

At least you are lucky to have 1990. I would give anything just to have one year where we can win a flag. Then results like last nights wouldn't really hurt so much.

It's the only religious experience of my life, walking out of that ground I couldn't feel my body.. I always thought the expression floating on air was just something that was said.. but there is an extreme state of elation/ecstasy where you literally feel weightless..

You'll experience it sooner or later, Dogs have a good list with just one piece of the puzzle missing.

Absolutely shattered.

Had our chances early, hung in during the 2nd and 3rd quarters and 2.0 to 1.4 cost us in the last quarter. If Gilbee and/or Gia slotted one of their shots at goal I think it would have broken their hearts.

As Bulldogs fans I think it is our lot in life to come so close and in the end be heartbroken.

I watched the entire game through my fingers with my hands of my eyes hoping that we would win, however expecting to be heartbroken again.

Couldn't sleep last night and totally gutted but would given anything to be in front in the 4th quarter of a Preliminary Final again.

Remove this Banner Ad

This Poor, Heroic Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back