Thomas to the Blues for 4yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club is bigger than the individual.

The individuals leaving is a pretty decent list though, Malthouse, Shaw, Thomas, Jolly, Didak, Dawes, and all the off field staff, soon it will have a affect, if it hasn't already.

Ironic comment considering Eddie McGuire is your president.

Might be an accurate statement for Collingwood when he stops considering the club as his play toy.

Why would any Pies fan have any resentment towards Eddie's running of the club?

He has single-handedly transformed our club from rags to riches and all of his decisions have been in the best interests of the club.

Nobody bleeds more for our club than our Prez.

It's fair to say we are in very good hands but thanks for your concern. We are fine.

I think he meant 5th at best when their careers are all done.

I know. . . I think 2nd at the best (Pendles is obviously better) by the end of their careers. I'm assuming he thinks Pendles will be ahead (fair), Reid will be ahead (fair but 50/50), Sidebottom will be ahead (never thought much of him so unfair) and Grundy (great potential but FFS he's played 5 games, unfair)

Malthouse was in charge for the development of all these guys except Grundy, Kennedy and Broomhead.

Incorrect.

Alan Richardson was.

Richardson was the first development coach appointed in the AFL. Gavin Brown then passed the baton to Luke Beveridge and then Craig McRae.

Collingwood then set up a standalone VFL side in 2009 and appointed a bigger and more staffed development team.

Malthouse wasn't in charge of their development as you say, he got a semi finished product from the most resourced development team in the AFL.

I know. . . I think 2nd at the best (Pendles is obviously better) by the end of their careers. I'm assuming he thinks Pendles will be ahead (fair), Reid will be ahead (fair but 50/50), Sidebottom will be ahead (never thought much of him so unfair) and Grundy (great potential but FFS he's played 5 games, unfair)
Very true, good points.
Look, at the end of the day Pies supporters want to believe that we got the best of him and that Carlton are going to get the worst of him, me personally i'm not fussed hes been linked to you guys all year which helped soften the blow.Alot of pies people in all honest have forgotten how good he can be as he hasn't played in ages so the team kind of feels settled without him as stupid as that sounds. We have recruited well in the past as i think we have one of the best recruitment teams in the business so im confident we will use all our first rounders well.
Will we find someone as good as daisy? no one really knows.
good luck to him, hope he plays well.......just not against us ;)

Why would any Pies fan have any resentment towards Eddie's running of the club?

He has single-handedly transformed our club from rags to riches and all of his decisions have been in the best interests of the club.

Nobody bleeds more for our club than our Prez.

It's fair to say we are in very good hands but thanks for your concern. We are fine.

Thanks for the rant, but it didn't really address my point.

I made no mention of the necessity for Collingwood supporters to harbour any form of resentment towards McGuire. I merely highlighted the hilarious irony in a Collingwood supporter claiming that the club is greater than any individual within it, and suggested this is not the case with your current president at the helm.

I'm sure forwardflanker, Fadge, Rohan......oops I mean Kenno27 etc. will be comfortable in knowing that you can match them in spinning a post to fit your agenda.

Thanks for the rant, but it didn't really address my point.

I made no mention of the necessity for Collingwood supporters to harbour any form of resentment towards McGuire. I merely highlighted the hilarious irony in a Collingwood supporter claiming that the club is greater than any individual within it, and suggested this is not the case with your current president at the helm.

I'm sure forwardflanker, Fadge etc. will be comfortable in knowing that you can match them in spinning a post to fit your agenda.

Where is the irony in the statement about the "club being greater than the individual" in relation to McGuire's standing as the Prez?

Please, enlighten us.

Spot on.

If you don't think much of Sidebottom, I suggest you watch the 2009 Semi-Final against Adelaide and also the drawn 2010 Grand Final. He loves the big stage (not unlike Thomas).

I can't recall another 18 year old ruck who has shown more than Grundy did in his first season, and that was coming off a limited preparation.

Spot on.

If you don't think much of Sidebottom, I suggest you watch the 2009 Semi-Final against Adelaide and also the drawn 2010 Grand Final. He loves the big stage (not unlike Thomas).

I can't recall another 18 year old ruck who has shown more than Grundy did in his first season, and that was coming off a limited preparation.

I don't know about Sidebottom, ofcourse I'd take him at the Blues and every club in the league would but I just don't see the hype. He does get up for big games which I do like in players but it just seems he floats around and sometimes doesn't look a bit interested and knows he's good but doesn't try that extra bit. Obviously you watch him more than I do and I do think hes a good player but unfair to say he's better than Thomas

The individuals leaving is a pretty decent list though, Malthouse, Shaw, Thomas, Jolly, Didak, Dawes, and all the off field staff, soon it will have a affect, if it hasn't already.
It is a decent list you are not wrong but i think personally all these changes had to happen for Bucks to have it his way and it did have its affect clearly but i think this is the last of it imo. Jolly , Didak, Shaw ,Kraks all needed to go so that all the people who were there for Mick only could move on. If i go through our list player by player im super excited where we are heading. Will Carlton or Essendon finish higher than us next year? probably yes, but im looking to the future not just to next year.Our list is very well placed at the moment and an addition of another 3 first rounders keeps us in good stead for the future.The difference between us and Melbourne is we know how to choose our first rounders and not piss them away, hell we have made use of our 4th round picks better than some teams have had their 1st round picks.

It is a decent list you are not wrong but i think personally all these changes had to happen for Bucks to have it his way and it did have its affect clearly but i think this is the last of it imo. Jolly , Didak, Shaw ,Kraks all needed to go so that all the people who were there for Mick only could move on. If i go through our list player by player im super excited where we are heading. Will Carlton or Essendon finish higher than us next year? probably yes, but im looking to the future not just to next year.Our list is very well placed at the moment and an addition of another 3 first rounders keeps us in good stead for the future.The difference between us and Melbourne is we know how to choose our first rounders and not piss them away, hell we have made use of our 4th round picks better than some teams have had their 1st round picks.

I can see what you guys are doing, I just question the timing, GC, GWS will be hitting there peak and you guys will be competing around the same time as these 2 teams, might make it bloody hard. But like I said earlier Buckley is doing what is best for him as it is quiet clear that he and a few players are not getting along. Collingwood are now turning over a new leaf under Buckley.
He will need 3 or 4 years to see out his plan and then people can pass judgement.

I can see what you guys are doing, I just question the timing, GC, GWS will be hitting there peak and you guys will be competing around the same time as these 2 teams, might make it bloody hard. But like I said earlier Buckley is doing what is best for him as it is quiet clear that he and a few players are not getting along. Collingwood are now turning over a new leaf under Buckley.
He will need 3 or 4 years to see out his plan and then people can pass judgement.

There's always someone hitting their peak, that's how premierships are won.

I don't know about Sidebottom, ofcourse I'd take him at the Blues and every club in the league would but I just don't see the hype. He does get up for big games which I do like in players but it just seems he floats around and sometimes doesn't look a bit interested and knows he's good but doesn't try that extra bit. Obviously you watch him more than I do and I do think hes a good player but unfair to say he's better than Thomas
He's not better than Thomas, yet. But over his career he's not far off having delivered to Collingwood as much as Thomas has, yet he's three years his junior. Admittedly, Thomas has basically 'lost' the past two years through injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not better than Thomas, yet. But over his career he's not far off having delivered to Collingwood as much as Thomas has, yet he's three years his junior. Admittedly, Thomas has basically 'lost' the past two years through injury.

Yep we're on the same track.

Thomas has given a higher standard for less time but Sidebottom has been good for longer than Thomas.

I guess it's a quantity over quality situation. I'd still be taking Thomas because he's a better footballer but I guess you know what you'll get with Sidebottom in the next few years where as Thomas is a bit unknown.

Daisy has done well jumping off a sinking ship. Carlton will play finals next year comfortably, the Pies won't get there with that list, their time playing with the big boys is well and truly done. Happy times. In saying that, Carlton won't have any excuses next year, our time for flag 17 is very close.

Delusional
noun
an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder:

Daisy has done well jumping off a sinking ship. Carlton will play finals next year comfortably, the Pies won't get there with that list, their time playing with the big boys is well and truly done. Happy times. In saying that, Carlton won't have any excuses next year, our time for flag 17 is very close.

hahaha

Funny post at best. Sad at worst.

You may be right about being better than us next year but your delusional if you think your that close to a flag. ...your ageing list isn't doing you any favours. I like how you say "that list" as if to say Carltons list is so good. Oh by the way we touched you guys up twice this year with "that list" add another 3 first rounders and "that list" just looks alot better.i go through our list of players coming through compared to you guys and its fair to say your miles behind...unless you guys win the flag next year with Judd etc (highly unlikley) your along way from home.....out of all the posts ive read yours is the most ridiculous ...and funny. Lol

We all predict things, my prediction that collingwood will fall and that we will be contending isnt that absurd surely? Strange things happen in footy.

You clearly have no idea if you truly belive your own post. People are liking your post because they think its a piss take but the funny thing is your being serious. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back