Thomas to the Blues for 4yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just cop the "Carltonwood" tag boys. We have their coach, CEO, fitness guru and star player now. Not saying we deserve it but we have definitely opened ourselves up to it.

Was anti-Thomas all year but have come around after re-watching some of his old games throughout the year, genuine gun and plays his best footy under MM. Assuming the Blues did all the right things medical wise and his ankle holds up, I have no problem paying that much for an AA midfielder with a bag of tricks not many players have.

We still have plenty of room in the cap too for later years :thumbsu:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick wouldn't have got him on board unless the ankle checked out. Shane Rogers did state that we had sought several opinions, so assuming all is good, a big finals player, big get for us.

Useless as **** on a bull if you don't make the finals. Back to normality next year where there will only be a top 8 not an 11th hr Ninth.

"What a rort!"

I bet Mick is disgusted by himself.

I agree!!!

I hope the AFL investigates this.

How on Earth can Carlton fit Murphy, Gibbs, Judd, Kruezer and now Thomas all in under the salary cap??

Looks like something fishy is going on here?!?!?!.....

.....or maybe its just good list management by Carlton.:rolleyes:

I have heard through the medical grapevine that his ankle is shot.

$700K for 4 years for a player with a shot ankle is a lot of coin.....

This is just ridiculous. Carlton have had numerous doctors, both club and independent, put Thomas through his paces. The 'medical grapevine' knows more about it then the doctors who actually looked at it and gave their recommendations?

Blues have still obviously taken a risk, medical advice does not guarantee one thing or another. Might be the second time the Pies have lost out with a guy with ankle injuries (Johnson being the other). I would think all parties (Blues, Pies, Thomas) would end up happy here.

..as has been said, you have to pay overs to shake loose restricted free agents.. ..may possibly take a bigger 'paycut' when he extends another season or two down the track, luke ball style [hopefully].. ..in regards to the state of his ankle, having buttifant also come across you'd think it's safe to assume the blues would be all over the state of the ankle..

Even if Daisy replicated his best form for four more years, I'd rather Swan. Every. Day. Ludicrous.

Swan will be 30 before first bounce next season

Daisy is 3 years younger, given Collingwood are going for a clean-out - I daresay a flag is a few years away.

Swan won't be part of that

However the Thomas issue seems more a personality conflict with Buckley than anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back