Thomas to the Blues for 4yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think deep down, carlton fans should be worried. A player they didn't necessarily need for 700k over 4 seasons. Then add the massive injury query.

Desperation or spitefulness on micks part?

More just a general thing I've seen in this thread. Some Collingwood fans referring to Mick, Buttifant and Daisy as trash.

Perhaps say there are Collingwood fans then saying all of us.
There isnt many who have a issue with Buttifant. There are plenty, including myself, that cant stand Malthouse and i was a fan of Daisy but the way he has acted this season has changed my opinion of him.

Is Collingwood having an exodus or is Carlton just an attractive club to go to?

How come Collingwood were happy to offer Daisy a new deal but as soon as he leaves "his ankle is ****ed".
Jordan Russel moves to Collingwood yet Carlton supporters praised him for the service he gave.
Daisy is moving and he is a dog for leaving after providing you some great football and he was probably your best player in 2010.

This is more than a rivalry now, I admit Mick is bitter at how he was treated but now the whole of Collingwood is starting to feel bitter because Carlton is just a desirable club to go to and Collingwood is slowly turning into rabble.

How come Collingwood were happy to offer Daisy a new deal but as soon as he leaves "his ankle is ******".
Jordan Russel moves to Collingwood yet Carlton supporters praised him for the service he gave.
Daisy is moving and he is a dog for leaving after providing you some great football and he was probably your best player in 2010.

This is more than a rivalry now, I admit Mick is bitter at how he was treated but now the whole of Collingwood is starting to feel bitter because Carlton is just a desirable club to go to and Collingwood is slowly turning into rabble.

Youre making shit up.

How come Collingwood were happy to offer Daisy a new deal but as soon as he leaves "his ankle is ******".

we were happy to offer him another contract, we werent going to offer him $700k considering he hasnt played for 2 seasons and has had ankle issues.
Russell was the Carlton whipping boy, dont even try to say ur mob praised him lol.

Youre making shit up.

Okay, don't tell me what you disagree with.

we were happy to offer him another contract, we werent going to offer him $700k considering he hasnt played for 2 seasons and has had ankle issues.
Russell was the Carlton whipping boy, dont even try to say ur mob praised him lol.

Russell finished 2nd in our best and fairest and was a very good player at times, not a whipping boy for me at least.

Very happy with this. Daisy has at least 5 years left in him if the medical reports about his ankles are correct.

$700k isn't that much considering the quality he is capable of giving. The only other player likely to receive that money in the next 5 years is Murphy.

So thats now our CEO, our coach, our head of fitness, and 'their' now best midfielder. Have to have a laugh at how these minnows Blues have fallen. They are rummaging around our toes picking up our axed scraps.

The Collingwood anger is amazing. So what we've poached some of your best performers. Just be happy that you guys obviously have a great development system in place worthy of us doing it. I make no apologies for it. If you want to be the best you've got to be aggressive.

Of course the rivalry is there, but to suggest we are specifically going after Collingwood people just because they're Collingwood is ridiculous. We go after the best available, regardless of their club of allegiance.

are there two jordan russells?

personally i see this as a win/win
pick 11 is pretty much spot on compensation and daisy will contribute to micks charge to the premiership

Okay, don't tell me what you disagree with.

Russell finished 2nd in our best and fairest and was a very good player at times, not a whipping boy for me at least.

cool so for you he wasnt but for the majority he was.
at the end of the day its about how you handle yourself in these situations. Malthouse and Daisy didnt handle it the right way hence the reaction from a large number of Collingwood fans

Yeah we're paying overs but thats how it goes nowadays. Can't lure a player out of their club with peanuts.

Extremely good get for us. Daisy is a superstar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cool so for you he wasnt but for the majority he was.
at the end of the day its about how you handle yourself in these situations. Malthouse and Daisy didnt handle it the right way hence the reaction from a large number of Collingwood fans

What did you want him to do, sign mid year? He held it off until your season was over and didn't really talk about it during the year. Most of the articles about it during they year had no quotes from Thomas, he handled it fine.

Hopefully different docs to those you sent Stevie J to all those years ago...:rolleyes:

Oooooh, the roll eyes. :cool:

Everyone is an expert in hindsight. Even though it was the wrong decision in the longer term, who could have blamed us? The bloke was off the rails.

We went for Medhurst instead. He went All Australian after we picked him up, and he was more than handy. We also didn't pay Medhurst $700k a year, just like we wouldn't have paid Johnson that much if we had of taken him.

His ankle is shot, he will never walk again.

Who was the last player in trade week that Collingwood said had a shot ankle?

170555-steve-johnson.jpg

Wouldn't trust the Collingwood medico's

What did you want him to do, sign mid year? He held it off until your season was over and didn't really talk about it during the year. Most of the articles about it during they year had no quotes from Thomas, he handled it fine.

lol so last week saying dont throw away your number 13 guernsey's cause their will be a lot of egg on peoples faces and then do what everyone knew he was going to do.
Also a few months back when papers were saying its going to be a 4 year deal around $650-$700k he went off about it saying thats way off the mark etc.
Then you have the surfing incident at the start of the season.

If he didnt say anything and he left most would have been fine with it, the moneys too good to say no to. Its the way you handle it

Says something when only the blues openly chased an AA midfielder.

Clearly other clubs not even Intrested

At a stretch, Malthouse has one year left in which to land a flag before Carlton's lack of quality youth starts to bite. He's got to make this trade/draft period count.

I can see Mick bailing in 12 months.

Are these the same carlton supporters who have bagged Daisy all these years and now see him as a champion. amazing isn't it. Basically they have half of collingwood over there right now, must be something we are doing right. but replicating the past doesn't mean success, like paying over the odds to buy success.
Also I for one are not upset or angry that Daisy or any player goes to another club, if they want to go, they don't want to play at our proud club so that's fine with me. We will get reasonable compensation and am quite bullish with our future. Lets remember that Hawks only had 10 players from their 08 flag side this year, we are far from out of the finals race. Not bad record since 02 only out of the finals twice, made 5 GF's. Not sure if carlton been there or even will make it next.

As for Pies fans saying they are getting pick 11, not sure what you're smoking but that ain't going to happen, end of first round pick best you can hope for and that will be pick 20 at earliest consider Franklin's move.

It's directly after their first pick.

He will be treated as band 1.

Pick 11 in this case.

Coll could be looking at having Matt Crouch & Dom Sheed being fed by Brodie Grundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back