Thomas to the Blues for 4yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then how does certain Collingwood supporters not wishing him well translate to "a difference in class between the 2 supporter bases"?

Because Eddie left and 99.99% wished him well and knew he was doing well in setting up his future.

Less than half of Pies fans understood Thomas leaving and thanked him for all his years of great football.

You can really see the difference in class between supporter groups at play this free trade period.

Collingwood supporters hope Diasy is a failure and are having temper tantrums that Carlton dare take one of their favourite sons. Then you see Carlton supporters wishing Eddie Betts all the best and understanding why he wanted to move.

Some people really need to get a grip.

Hell I would wish Betts all the best too, to get him away from my club.

I like what you're doing (trolling Collingwood) but you are make it sound like they are getting absolutely ******.

IMO its a fair deal, they get 11 we get Thomas, pretty good deal if you ask me
Yep I agree. The compo and salary cap space we get means the move has just about hit the perfect point of indifference where he don't care if he stays or goes. I think most sensible Collingwood supporters agree with this.

Because Eddie left and 99.99% wished him well and knew he was doing well in setting up his future.

Less than half of Pies fans understood Thomas leaving and thanked him for all his years of great football.
But Eddie is not comparable to Thomas, which was my point. Why do you think that Jonoman89 agreed that people would boo Murphy if he moved to Collingwood?

But Eddie is not comparable to Thomas, which was my point. Why do you think that Jonoman89 agreed that people would boo Murphy if he moved to Collingwood?

I don't agree with Jonoman89. Raises a few good points but I don't think Thomas will be booed either, just the way people are speaking about a premiership player is baffling. A minority will always boo any player who moves clubs but I don't think any booing of Thomas will be huge.

If you'd happily let Betts leave but would welcome Hird back it shows just how stupid some people are.

Essendon supporters wished Monfries all the best too, getting Goddard was awesome.
St Kilda supporters were pissed as they were the ones losing the star.

Carlton supporters wished Betts all the best too, getting Thomas is awesome for them.
Collingwood supporters are pissed as they are the ones losing the star.

pretty easy to see the pattern, but hey you think you are more classy then Collingwood fans.

images

Essendon supporters wished Monfries all the best too, getting Goddard was awesome.
St Kilda supporters were pissed as they were the ones losing the star.

Carlton supporters wished Betts all the best too, getting Thomas is awesome for them.
Collingwood supporters are pissed as they are the ones losing the star.

pretty easy to see the pattern, but hey you think you are more classy then Collingwood fans.

images

Pretty sure pick 11 is good enough comp for Thomas. Not sure why a lot of them are whinging

Then how does certain Collingwood supporters not wishing him well translate to "a difference in class between the 2 supporter bases"?

Because I don't think we'd be wishing Murphy to experience long-term injury and a shit career. Besides, Murphy leaving would be a lo worse considering he's our captain.

Carlton will give Betts a few boos next year as well, no doubt. But we don't want his ankle to explode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol I can't believe people are still honestly comparing guys like Betts shifting to Adelaide or Monfries to Port to Daisy's defection of an arch rival that dates back 100yrs to this date and is born of pure hatred of one another.

Apples and oranges people.

We wished Chris Dawes well to Melbourne last year, ditto Wellingham to WCE.

You would not be so "well wishing" if Murphy had joined Collingwood or Watson/Hurley had left to join Collingwood or Carlton. This is what sport among fans is all about. Stop trying to take the "high almighty road or holier than thou approach" because if roles were reversed you would burn your respective HQs down.

Collingwood supposedly have the best recruiting and development in the league, plus Daisy wasn't that good remember, only one elite year or something??

Theyll be fine
Here are our Top 20 picks since 2005:
2012 - Grundy (18), Kennedy (19), Broomhead (20)
2008 - Steele Sidebottom (11)
2006 - Ben Reid (8), Nathan Brown (10)
2005 - Thomas (2), Pendlebury (5)

That's leaving out Beams in 2008 (pick 29) and Ball in 2009 (pick 30).

Yep, I'll back our recruitment and development team.

By the way, it will be interesting to see where Thomas stands on the above list when their careers are done and dusted. Fifth place at best for mine.

Malthouse was in charge for the development of all these guys except Grundy, Kennedy and Broomhead.

By the way, it will be interesting to see where Thomas stands on the above list when their careers are done and dusted. Fifth place at best for mine.

The only player better than him currently is Pendlebury, he's on par with Reid and ahead of Steele and Brown, the others are roookies.Not sure how you could say 5th at the best.

Chief my business is on level one of a building that on the ground floor houses most most the rehabilitation of the Pies players ...

The big boss who looks after them is my mate.

Thomas is absolutely fine, remember I told you. In fact only 3 weeks ago he said this. Quote 'dale is shattered that Collingwood has not said a word to him since he re-did his ankle and will certainly move on. All of us are spewing and Buckley does not have the tools to coach this club'...

I have never said anything on this site when serious that is not true.

The Pies will regret this bad.

Just curious. Your business is on level 1 of the Westpac Centre?????? Your mate is head physio at Collingwood??????

I was informed by a Carlton supporter that is a customer of mine a few months back that Daisy said his ankle is stuffed and he will be lucky to play another season. Both daisy and he are in a horse racing syndicate(along with Dane Swan). Daisy is mates with the guy's son.

I wasn't there when the comment took place so it is heresay. What we do know is that Daisy broke down 3 times within 12 months. That's approaching the level of a chronic injury. The third break down saw him last just 5 minutes. If his ankle is fine, was he faking it??? And if his ankle is fine, why was Carlton the only club to make an offer.

MM has a history of raiding his previous clubs. When he first came to Collingwood we ended up with Chad Morrison and Chad Rintoul, both of whom had chronic injuries and were disasters for us.

I think Collingwood did absolutley the right thing. He is a risk, particularly on a big contract. And we get overs with compensation, particularly when you consider the Franklin fiasco.

I wish Daisy all the best, hope he plays well at the Blues, except against us of course. But it will be fascinating to see how this plays out.

Fancy Carlton supporters playing the 'our shit doesn't stink' card in this thread. And culture?? FFS, the same club that suffered from the cheating scandal and the rape cover ups. Talk about people in glass houses.

Ironic comment considering Eddie McGuire is your president.

Might be an accurate statement for Collingwood when he stops considering the club as his play toy.
Ill be the first to say Eddie is a jackass and doesnt know when to keep his mouth shut but all in all as much as people hate him hes the best in the business as far as presidents come when hes not running his mouth....eddie can be embarrassing to us pies supporters but he makes up for it 10 fold for what he does has done for the club off field. I guess you have to take good with the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back