Thoughts on the Blues?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Blues had to make some tough decisions and haven't.
Watching a guy like Saddington go around again does nothing but highlight it.
His knees were stuffed two years ago and yet he still gets a game.

Is it better to take a punt on late draft pick than waste a spot on a guy who was finished last season. I felt almost pity for Pagan as he shuffled the Titanic deck chairs.
Saddington was getting cleane up by Boyle so he's switched to Roughead, gets cleaned up even worse and then plays Croad into form - go figure.

As Hawk supporters we're only too familiar with the no ********s policy. I suspect Fev's antics fall into that catagory.
Spider is our example. Tough calls were made and although he's still a good player he's gone.

Is Fev a guy you really want influencing your next generation of leaders?

Then there's your skipper. Bloody hell I love this guys footy brain but the game has passed him by. Injured or not his lack of leg speed will se him exposed on a regular basis. Put simply there's no where left to hide him. Sadly Kouta is heading down the same road.

The Blues have bounced around the bottom for several years and therefore picked up some real talent. In Hawthorn's case they ditched the deadwood and threw the kids to the wolves. Sure we copped some bad thrashings (of Friday nights proportions ) but in the end we've held true to the plan.

Seems like Carlton just hasn't gone all the way.

Whilst I concede that senior players are vital to your kid's development they aren't if the kids have to carry them.

Welcome Doc. Excellent post. Couldn't agree more..

They're better than they look at times. They're seriously lacking in the Ruck department. Our Ruckmen winning almost every hitout didn't do their young midfield any favors and they were chasing tail out of the center and they just didn't have the experience in there to turn it around.

They have some good forwards, great young midfielders, some good utilities who can play forward and back.

If they can get their rucks and key defenders right in the next year or two they'll be a real chance of making finals footy. Once the younger midfielders like Murphey and Gibbs get some real game time and preseason fitness they'll be a great combo with Stevens.

Don't forget, they have Cameron Cloke to come back! :D:D:D:thumbsdown:

When has Jacobs been any good?

I still remember Jacobs missing a set shot from point blank range for Essendon, but if he's had a good year then I take it back.

He's no Thornton.

I'm still not convinced Jacobs is a player.

Mate next time you get a chance to watch a Hawks game do yourself a favour and just keep an eye on Danny. One of the best readers of the game going around, great hands and even better disposal, this guy has battled serious injuries over the last couple of years but just keeps coming up time and time again. Thornton couldn't blow wind up Danny's arse.

Carlton are 2 years behind hawthorn.... Have some unreal talent they were just like us a couple of years ago gettin destroyed.. but learning

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on the Blues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back