Three talls in!

Remove this Banner Ad

This is very interesting. We never play mind games with our team selections. Rutten not named for Westies. From all the players selected in the side, only Hentschel is named for his SANFL club. This means that along with Carey, one of McGregor, Massie or Welsh is in doubt. All of the those are important to our side with Massie probably the most replacable.

If Massie is in doubt, then Torney slots into his spot and we don't lose much. Carey won't play IMHO so you would probably have Rutten with Welsh at FF and Perrie at CHF or even Rutten at CHB and McGregor at CHF with Perrie at FF. Maybe even Bassett will play forward. One thing is for sure, I wouldn't want to be on Freo's coaching staff.

Originally posted by napsyd
Surely Shirley :)rolleyes: sorry) should be judged on the merit of his recent form. Three matches, one excellent, one very good and one OK with limited game time. Can't see why he would be automatically dropped. Begley for example is far from earning a spot at this stage IMO.

As for delisting, well, as Macca23 says, he has never disgraced himself at AFL level. I think he will either be traded to a club who is in need of a tagger or possibly kept as a tagger to release Stenglein into the midfield. But I agree the competition for spots on the list may be too hot at the moment and he may end up delisted. To me this would be a bit of a loss for the AFC.
I agree napsyd. Shirley has never disgraced himself in Crows colors which is more than we can say for a number of others. Shirls is a very good negating player and every side needs one of those. If we delisted Shirley, it would be a bit of a loss IMHO.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
This is very interesting. We never play mind games with our team selections. Rutten not named for Westies.

I don't think it's mind games. I think it is common practice for the Crows to take an extra player for WA games, because it's so far that if someone needs to be rushed in at the last moment, they don't have to travel for three hours on the morning of the game.

I think Rutten is that player. So if he doesn't actually play for the Crows he will be in Perth anyway and therefore West know he won't be playing with them.

I could be wrong, though, that's just what I thought they were doing.

This is criminal. Torney has been dropped!!!!!!:eek: :mad: :mad: :eek: :mad: :mad:

It wasn't really unexpected. Our defence has been excellent recently and Torney hasn't. I know he has been on the bench a bit but that was due to some average form prior to that. I thought Torney started the season very well but to me hasn't offered much of late.

This is criminal. Torney has been dropped!!!!!!:eek: :mad: :mad: :eek: :mad: :mad:

Whoaaaaaaaaaa Stiffy!!! You'll bust a blood vessel if you're not careful!!!

For what it's worth Torney is very stiff IMO. What's happened to him is what happened to Bode. By giving them less and less game time each week they have been actually played out of form rather than run into form. In each case their form was pretty good before their arse became a pin cushion for splinters.

Now it's up to Torney to do what Bodey did and use a negative as a positive and play a top game at SANFL level and force his way back into the side.

Interesting that Carey looks like playing. I wonder how much the possibility of rain and a wet soft ground played in his selection. Curiously, for a 6'4" tall player, Carey performs marvellously under wet conditions.

Presuming the chosen 22 do all play, I'm very confident that we will be the first interstate visiting team this year to get 4 points from a game at Subiaco.

I agree the conditions will suit us well we play well in the wet,we are a great travelling side and I am very confident we will take the points on Sunday,it will be tough but we have side who is up to the task!!!!!!Im disapointed Torney has been dropped dont think he will be out of the side for long though;)

Well, it looks like Torney is going to be back in quicker than anticipated.

5AA reported this morning that Carey Welsh and Massie did not train. Looks like they are all out!!!

Torney in for Massie - looks lineball.

Perrie in for Carey - will have to play well to match Carey's latest game.

Rutten likely to be the one in for Welsh - a definite downgrade here with all due respects to Ben.

My confidence has just taken a massive slump!!! Once again we are going in with an incomplete makeshift forward line with the principal characters missing!!

If these 3 are definitely all out as indicated, a win under these circumstances would be very special!!

Originally posted by macca23
Well, it looks like Torney is going to be back in quicker than anticipated.

5AA reported this morning that Carey Welsh and Massie did not train. Looks like they are all out!!!

Torney in for Massie - looks lineball.

Perrie in for Carey - will have to play well to match Carey's latest game.

Rutten likely to be the one in for Welsh - a definite downgrade here with all due respects to Ben.

My confidence has just taken a massive slump!!! Once again we are going in with an incomplete makeshift forward line with the principal characters missing!!

If these 3 are definitely all out as indicated, a win under these circumstances would be very special!!

Add Hentschel to that list macca23.

I am not really confident with this line up. You cannot pin your hopes on 2 rookies to kick goals. Rutten will probably play CHF and Perrie at FF. IMHO Hentschel should be used as a floating forward tommorrow.

Out of the 22 : Carey, Welsh and Massie
Into the 22: Rutten, Hentschel and Torney.

Not happy at all.:(

Likely line up:

_F: _ 37. Trent Hentschel _ 22. Ian Perrie _ 5. Ronnie Burns
HF: _ 40. Chris Ladhams _ 25. Ben Rutten _ 18. Graham Johncock
_C: _ 20. Tyson Stenglein _ 32. Mark Ricciuto _ 24. Brett Burton
HB: _ 15. Jason Torney _ 16. Ken McGregor _ 34. Ben Hart
_B: _ 7. Nigel Smart _ 8. Nathan Bassett _ 9. Tyson Edwards
1R: _ 35. Rhett Biglands _ 26. Mark Bickley _ 23. Andrew McLeod

Int: _ 4. Matthew Clarke _ 10. Matthew Bode _ 12. Robert Shirley _ 28. James Begley

Travelling Emergency: 21. James Gallagher

Edwards might get Medhurst. Stenglein will get Pavlich while he is playing in the midfield and Smart might get him when he goes forward.

Ben Hart might start on the wing again on Headland. Forward line is a bit of a worry.:(

I am not really confident with this line up. You cannot pin your hopes on 2 rookies to kick goals. Rutten will probably play CHF and Perrie at FF. IMHO Hentschel should be used as a floating forward tommorrow.

At least we may have someone to vote for in the Rookie votes now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, it's

Into the 22: Rutten, Hentschel and Perrie

Torney was in the 22 last week Stiffy, so he's not an in is he, while Perrie didn't play last week.

I'm surprised with the selection of so many talls, but I suppose the thinking would be that if one fails another might succedd and/or it gives them the fexibility to put McGregor up forward if necessary, as both Rutten and Hentschel can play CHB.

Rutten won't be overawed but all I ask of Hentschel is just to let himself go and have a lash at it rather than being apologetic for being out there. If he does, you'll see just how good this kid can be. 3rd time lucky I hope.

Originally posted by macca23
Rutten won't be overawed but all I ask of Hentschel is just to let himself go and have a lash at it rather than being apologetic for being out there. If he does, you'll see just how good this kid can be. 3rd time lucky I hope.
I agree completely. Rutten has experienced AFL albeit in the pre-season comp. Hentschel has to be a bit of a mongrel. Most of us know he has it but he just needs to let it rip:eek: .

We have never lost with Hentschel in the side and hopefully our winning streak continues. With Welsh and Carey out, Fremantle should go into this match as red hot favourites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Three talls in!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back