Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 35 Etiquette Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

1. The Baghdad Bombers were undefeated before the Bye and haven't won since. Looks like the qumpires found the un-redacted rule book again. Sigh, it was good while it lasted.
2. Some players that change clubs experience a renaissance, others fall off the proverbial cliff face in terms of quality contribution. The ones not improving after a transfer need their LG to find and fix the problem or return them from whence they came. Moving clubs should never have a negative impact.
3. Seems the impact of recruiting problems is starting to bite hard for some clubs. Good to see some new initiatives to try and address the issue. Any club not already looking for their next crop of rookies is skating on thin ice. Get to it folks, the start of the AFL season is just around the corner, this is the height of engagement on all the other boards, time to hunt and gather.

1, A third of the Wazzes list are in unmarked graves. Another third should be.
2. Their deddies are still more lively than 20 + players on the Gumbies list.
3. We keep a legacy player or two on our list like the incomparable PVF but we don't play them. It seems the Drags take a different view, playing somnalent Ljp86 in a primo position despite mailing it in.

1, A third of the Wazzes list are in unmarked graves. Another third should be.
2. Their deddies are still more lively than 20 + players on the Gumbies list.
3. We keep a legacy player or two on our list like the incomparable PVF but we don't play them. It seems the Drags take a different view, playing somnalent Ljp86 in a primo position despite mailing it in.

Round 8
AhfxMbi.png

THREE THINGS I LEARNT THIS WEEK

ROUND 8

Three things I learnt this week...

1. Aaaaaaaand it's gone. #thestreak was fun while it lasted. Another Wazzas milestone millstone does the nasty on us. Soz Reginald Perrin
  2. okeydoke7 wants us to stop celebrating worthless achievements celebrating relics of the past. I guess we can remove the pointless okeydokey banner celebrating a bunch of goals kicked in the 80s no one cares about on SweetFA plus then Hate
  3. Bonz is apparently seeking a trade to reinvigorate the mid season trade period. Nothing like reviving the ailing league with yet another top flight player heading across to the Old Boys, the already strong expansion side supposedly brought in to grow the league yet has just turned around and shrunk the other clubs instead. Ahhh expansion, where would the league be without you? :rainbow:

Over to you Sweet FA denizens! 👍

1. Fantastic to see my bad juju tipping has been cured with 3/6. Soz Demons and Bombers you missed. Am sure you will come good and I will keep tipping you as I have faith.
2. okeydoke7 kicked his 500th behind but this did not prevent the Wonders from kicking the Rats' arses from sunset to breakfast.
3. East Side has shown a bit of fresh blood can invigorate match threads and results.

AhfxMbi.png

ROUND 8

1. Bonz is apparently seeking a trade to reinvigorate the mid season trade period. Nothing like reviving the ailing league with yet another top flight player heading across to the Old Boys, the already strong expansion side supposedly brought in to grow the league yet has just turned around and shrunk the other clubs instead. Ahhh expansion, where would the league be without you? :rainbow:

Expansion has been a raging success TIF. I've done some number crunching and implemented a few clever accounting tricks to show that average weekly match thread participation from S33 to S34 has increased...

1% 👍

Expansion has been a raging success TIF. I've done some number crunching and implemented a few clever accounting tricks to show that average weekly match thread participation from S33 to S34 has increased...

1% 👍
It's very disappointing Kennedy Parker to hear match thread participation has increased since the introduction of the 13th team.

There I was sitting back

img_2112-gif.689472

in a glow thinking the Ophidian Old Boys organisation was destroying everyone's enjoyment as we pillaged the best players from all the teams and bring half the competition to its knees and possible demise, we will obviously have to work harder ;)

ROUND 8
  1. Bonz is apparently seeking a trade to reinvigorate the mid season trade period. Nothing like reviving the ailing league with yet another top flight player heading across to the Old Boys, the already strong expansion side supposedly brought in to grow the league yet has just turned around and shrunk the other clubs instead. Ahhh expansion, where would the league be without you? :rainbow:

Round 9
AhfxMbi.png

ROUND 9

1. Death, Taxes & Warriors losing milestone games. The Filth Wizard just the latest victim in a timeless Coney Island tradition.
  2. Free BLUEALLTHRU. He's just misunderstood. Honest.
  3. The Mid Season Survey saw 10x more action than the Mid Season Trade Period... should we just make it Free Agency Week instead? I'll start on the popcorn.

AhfxMbi.png

ROUND 9

1. The Mid Season Survey saw 10x more action than the Mid Season Trade Period... should we just make it Free Agency Week instead? I'll start on the popcorn.
Mid-season draft + draft lottery?

1. Seems everything is a milestone, and worthy of a thread, these days. BLUEALLTHRU I would like the oversight of my 50th game recognised as soon as you are out of Banhammer.
2. George Orwell was a genius.
3. Support for the establishment of a 13th team was merely a ploy by the self appointed guardians of the SFA to protect their long held records. Will take forever to overhaul career statistics established while playing an extra 6 games a season, twice a year. Effectively we have reduced three seasons into two every calendar year. The more honourable way to rectify your stats would simply require you to … you know … be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Ophidian Old Boys are back in the winners circle
2. Turbos Hot Seat is back in the media
3. Elton Johns Wig is back as the Alpha ruck in the SWEET FA

Round 11
AhfxMbi.png

ROUND 11

1. It's Round 11. Let that sink in. Has anything even remotely memorable happened this season? Possibly the most uneventful season in recent memory. :neutral:
  2. Cadsky 's dogs look like they patrol an abandoned Sunshine junkyard at night. Thanks Ligma :neutral:
  3. We finally saw some action in the blockbuster Mid Season Trade period, and it was a solitary trade between the two strongest lists in the competition. Whoopty doo. :neutral:

Over to you Sweet FA folk 👍

AhfxMbi.png

ROUND 11

1. It's Round 11. Let that sink in. Has anything even remotely memorable happened this season? Possibly the most uneventful seaosn in recent memory.
  2. Cadsky 's dogs look like they patrol an abandoned Sunshine junkyard at night. Thanks Ligma
  3. We finally saw some action in the blockbuster Mid Season Trade period, and it was a solitary trade between the two strongest lists in the competition. Whoopty doo.

THEY ARE SO UGLY RIGHT?? At least you agree👍🏻

AhfxMbi.png

ROUND 11

1. It's Round 11. Let that sink in. Has anything even remotely memorable happened this season? Possibly the most uneventful season in recent memory. :neutral:
  2. Cadsky 's dogs look like they patrol an abandoned Sunshine junkyard at night. Thanks Ligma :neutral:
  3. We finally saw some action in the blockbuster Mid Season Trade period, and it was a solitary trade between the two strongest lists in the competition. Whoopty doo. :neutral:

Over to you Sweet FA folk 👍
It's pretty clear my feet are the most memorable thing that has happened this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 35 Etiquette Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back