Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 35 Etiquette Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Apparently, you: - don't - get, warnings, just - punishments: for - team,sheet: indiscretions-,
2. The Sim is a Royal pain in the ass.
3. Tonga Bob's Tequila Bar is a great place to go drown your sorrows.
No that's wrong porps. You get warnings AND punishments.

1: The Gumbies are a force on field, but seem to be cooling down posting-wise after the Barrybran renaissance.
2: 2 goals for the Phenom! I'm back on track for the Fred!
3: There are too many Western Australians posting about cricket in match threads nowadays. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot.

Round 2
AhfxMbi.png

THREE THINGS I LEARNT THIS WEEK

ROUND 2

Three things I learnt this week...

1. TiF & nahnah is the Sweet FA duo we never knew we needed.
  2. The Filth Wizard & CursingFijian not only bring a different complexion to Coney Island, they also bring this strange thing apparently called 'winning'
  3. Kennedy Parker retiring from admin (work) was the least shocking development of his administration to date.

Only learnt 1 thing this week TiF my dear boy;

Greenery is legitimately the worst full forward to ever line up in the history of Qooty, there's under 9s with more gut and integrity than this absolute twink bastard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. The Admin went for a slash and never returned.
2. Much Ado about nothing but fun in the Wonders v OOB match thread.
3. There were 2,107 chortles, 883 guffaws and 64 leering grins counted.

1) If the Phoenix are tired of their moniker and want to go back to being Hawks, then the Furies could pick up the name. There are encouraging signs of life at the hippodrome;
2) Don't see what the issue is with collating posting stats. I've been doing it for ages, and can do yours for a reasonable fee*;
3) There is a positive correlation between being made to make your own coffee and winning games of qooty.

* Terms and Conditions Apply

1. Hey this thread is being run again. There are plenty of contributors without me, hope a few are left still going at the end of the season too. Won the award by a beez dick last season TheInjuryFactory, hope we can help push you to a back to back along with the Bombers this season. This thread is a good start, now we need something new.
2. Been pleasantly surprised by the improvement in the quality of match threads even after only the two games against the Furies and Bears so far this season. If this is a sign of things to come, the SFA has finally turned the corner and shaken off the lethargy of recent seasons.
3. As usual, the loudest critics of all things Committee and Admin are those that contribute the least to keeping this place running. Sometimes you know you are doing the right thing by those you upset. Some of you had your chance to be part of the decision making process and blew it, others are too lazy or incompetent to find their way in. Either get involved or use the correct channels available to drive change. Starting threads to cry a river at every rule you donā€™t like, is tantrum throwing at keyboard warrior levels. Use your rep or find one who can do the job. Be better.

Last edited:
1. Hey this thread is being run again. There are plenty of contributors without me, hope a few are left still going at the end of the season too. Won the award by a beez dick last season TheInjuryFactory, hope we can help push you to a back to back along with the Bombers this season. This thread is a good start, now we need something new.
2. Been pleasantly surprised by the improvement in the quality of match threads even after only the two games against the Furies and Bears so far this season. If this is a sign of things to come, the SFA has finally turned the corner and shaken off the lethargy of recent seasons.
3. As usual, the loudest critics of all things Committee and Admin are those that contribute the least to keeping this place running. Sometimes you know you are doing the right thing by those you upset. Some of you had your chance to be part of the decision making process and blew it, others are too lazy or incompetent to find their way in. Either get involved or use the correct channels available to drive change. Starting threads to cry a river at every rule you donā€™t like, is tantrum throwing at keyboard warrior levels. Use your rep or find one who can do the job. Be better.
Nice cheeky ninja there, Jabbs.

If by missed it by a beez dick you mean I won it, then yes, here's hoping I can go one better. šŸ¤ž

You know folks, Jabba once styled himself as a working class hero.

So sad to see him turn into the worst sort of establishment toff.

We all just hate to see it.

You know folks, Jabba once styled himself as a working class hero.

So sad to see him turn into the worst sort of establishment toff.

We all just hate to see it.
Oh, donā€™t get me wrong, point number 3 is not a support of every or even any decision made by the Admin or Committee.

It is a gentle reminder that sooking it up in multiple threads is not going to change anything, there are better ways to go about it. Some clubs have risen to the challenge and removed the dead wood clogging up the Committee with partisan pot shots and little else to contribute. The next step is to find someone who will engage and provoke thought and discussion prior to announcements being made. That is where bad or poorly thought out decisions can be stopped before unintended consequences come into play.

It is easy to throw toys out of the cot when you know someone else will have to pick them up. Some people are too silly to see that the person needing to gather the toys cannot reach the bottom of the cot so are provoking the tantrums to make their own lives easier. Some never stop to wonder if they are being used and are too blind to see it.

Round 3
AhfxMbi.png

THREE THINGS I LEARNT THIS WEEK

ROUND 3

Three things I learnt this week...

1. There's an old Chinese proverb that says "nothing good ever happens after 2am", clearly they hadn't envisaged the Sweet FA. Some of the best meltdowns, spats and controversies happen loooong after the dreaded 12am AEST
  2. Out: dashes In: slashes. So far so good šŸ¤ž
  3. BLUEALLTHRU has picked up his bat and ball and gone home this weekend. In other news, can anybody else hear that wolf crying? šŸ¤”
Over to you, nahnah šŸ‘

Remove this Banner Ad

Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 35 Etiquette Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back