Preview Tigers Vs. Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I hear or read correctly that Newman may be a chance to play this week?
Straight swap for Batchelor if needed then.

Playing the Demons always worries me of late, their forwardline is full of Kayne Pettifer's that turn up once every 4 weeks and most of the time they turn up against us:mad: Really important game for us to win IMO as far as this season goes.

I wouldnt want to rush him back in, and reckon he can learn a bit from the coaches box too.

He did look pretty unhappy sitting up there
Id want to see him NEXT to coach, and maybee loosen the tie a bit eh?

Actually I'd like to see him spend a half with the bench - giving encouragement, passing on coaches messages, revving up and keeping the lads on task, whilst Cotch captains on the field.

Stay in - Miller
Stay out - Griffiths

Miller helps place pressure inside 50, one of the big reasons we won. That tackle that earned him a goal sealed the win. It was game changing. Should never ever get dropped after that.

Well said, I'm one of Griffs biggest backers but you can't drop Miller after that tackle. Shows the young fellas how to do it.

True..but pretty sure one of the reasons we were so keen to get Conca drafted was because he tested so highly on all the 'psych' tests. When you see him play he seems to just go about his business. After errors, he seems to be switched on and ready to make amends. Because of his name I always think of Tonka toys...tough. Goes to ground a bit more than I would like, but I feel he would himself want to play out the season and get right into preseason preparing for a big 2012 as an established 2nd year player.

If anyone needs a rest it would be Foley IMO.

Well, I feel for the young fellow , because IMO his last month or so has been severly confidence destroying !

I think his problem has mostly been physical, and he'd have a good idea of it, so it shouldn't be too much of a mental issue.

As a player who relies on speed for a large chunk of his game, being worn out is like playing with weights strapped to your legs. You can feel it, you know what it is, but as hard as you work, you just can't move the same way so your whole game is 'off'. Because you understand it though, it's (extremely) frustrating rather than 'confidence destroying'.

I think the club would be doing him a disservice if they brought him back while he's still less that 100%, but even if they did, I doubt it'd destroy his confidence.

I hope we smack these tanking priks. I'm sick of losing to them and definately don't want to be their next win. I know they've got a better list than ours and more talent but what have they done to themselves to get it.

They are like a worn out old call girl that star fishes for the last few months of the year only to get Botox injections to go around the next year.

It is round 20 though and the Demons have generally begun to star fish by now going on recent years. Maybe we should get Gus to team up with Reiwoldt at training so Jack can get used to being marked by a ruckman.

Rance should be studying tape of Frawely.
Oh the horror the horror ! What have these clowns done to our beautiful game.
I don't understand most of this but I like it.

Miller helps place pressure inside 50, one of the big reasons we won. That tackle that earned him a goal sealed the win. It was game changing. Should never ever get dropped after that.
I thought the reason for that tackle was our other guys closing off options. You could see that Melbourne bloke preparing to dish off then realizing too late there was nowhere to go. Miller hit the guy well but he just happened to be the guy who did it.

I thought the reason for that tackle was our other guys closing off options. You could see that Melbourne bloke preparing to dish off then realizing too late there was nowhere to go. Miller hit the guy well but he just happened to be the guy who did it.

And he was lucky to hav nailed him how bloody slow was he to react and move.

Keep Farmer in, I'll probably get slaughtered for this but I see a player in him. Did you see that perfect 55m kick to Nahas on the weekend, I mean, all clubs need those types of players. I feel pretty comfortable when the ball is in his hands. I think we should be playing him off the wing, get a bit of confidence into him. Don't write him off, we have not given him a well due opportunity.

In - Contin - 2 solid games for the VFL should have him knocking on the door of the match committee's office.
Out - Foley - Rest him, he is obviously suffering from end season fatigue. It's surprising that he could even last this long when he didn't have a full preseason.

If Batchelor is out, he gets replaced with O'Reilly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we can pinch this. Awfully lucky the swans played like absolute gumbies last weeek, as we did too for a lot, but importantly
we played some good link up,
cleared the ball out of defence more or less reliably,
Jack looks ready to break out
lets make it up to the swannies by belting the Ds, then we can dothe same for them in r 24 by doing the Roos.
they are all hunting for finals and wouldve textad us in as an easy one, well, it all evens out if we beat all 3.

I hope we smack these tanking priks. I'm sick of losing to them and definately don't want to be their next win. I know they've got a better list than ours and more talent but what have they done to themselves to get it.

They are like a worn out old call girl that star fishes for the last few months of the year only to get Botox injections to go around the next year.

It is round 20 though and the Demons have generally begun to star fish by now going on recent years. Maybe we should get Gus to team up with Reiwoldt at training so Jack can get used to being marked by a ruckman.

Rance should be studying tape of Frawely.
Oh the horror the horror ! What have these clowns done to our beautiful game.

how dare u say that lol. IMO we will go straight past melbourne next year. our list is better, just need more exp in the guys

Does anyone think someone should bump into Pettard and just ask a simple question: "Hows your mum?" :D

Inregards to the match, we should beat them easily, they are a rabble at the moment. To the poster who said their list is better, they might look better but they are mentally weaker than our players and thats saying something.

Does anyone think someone should bump into Pettard and just ask a simple question: "Hows your mum?" :D

Inregards to the match, we should beat them easily, they are a rabble at the moment. To the poster who said their list is better, they might look better but they are mentally weaker than our players and thats saying something.

turnovers cost us big time last time we played them. they can beat us and they know it. frawley has towled jack up the last few times we've played them also.:thumbsdown:

not as confident as I was with the swans game which i made a point to tell everyone i know we would whip the swans.

I hope our players get stuck into that weak little pr.ck Petterd.

Fancy running off to sook to the umpires cause someone called you a name. I tell my 7 year old daughter off for dobbing, this is incredible IMO.

If I was in charge I would have blokes swarming all over him this weekend as he is obviously not mentally strong enough to put it to one side and not let it affect him. I will be very disappointed if I dont see continual harrasment of this weak dobber on Sunday.

I can guarentee he will cop plenty from me.

Batchelor confirmed out for season, but no other changes expected to be made.

Question is, who will replace him this week?

Conca or Helbig if fit but if not They will be predictable and bring in White , I'd assume White Webberly and Nason and McGaunewill be added to squad.

If Connors was fit I'd bring him straight in!

Whoever comes in goes to sub, and I'd give Mitch Morton a defensive role across half back, he and Lids can rotate off the back flank and wing

Hopefully Webberley comes in. He's earned the last few games I reckon, been good all year. Play him off the wing. Farmer as the sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Tigers Vs. Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back