Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

So are you the only one to have played the game, sorry l have forgotten that. Must remember next time l to the club house and see all the teams l played in. Split second decision, got it wrong, like you never have.
How many reply’s did it take you to see that. Gee you write some

I was talking about all football players who have grown up playing the game should have a basic instinct and know how to read the ball.

If you never learnt that skill then well what can I say, don't hate the player, hate the game.

How many replies did it take me to see that post hmmm, not sure if I read someone talking bullshit or of interest I will reply.

LMFAO Your one to point out amount of "posts" I joined this forum a decade before you and yet I'm only 2.9k posts in front of you! fair funkin dinkum.

Hi Neilk,

I am N9.....we are neighbours..........maybe we can catch up at the Hassett Room for a bevvy next time?

Worst injury I have seen LIVE by a Pies player........waiting for him to get the "green whistle" felt like an eternity.
I was at Etihad when Nathan Brown broke his leg. The scoreboard played it ad nauseam. At least we've moved on from that with only a single replay last Saturday before they'd realised what had happened. Yes, catch up for a drink next home game.

It was bad luck and possibly errant judgement in the heat of the moment, combined with Goldsack-level commitment. Sometimes balls don’t bounce the way you’d expect. Just ask Stephen Milne.

It was bad luck and possibly errant judgement in the heat of the moment, combined with Goldsack-level commitment. Sometimes balls don’t bounce the way you’d expect. Just ask Stephen Milne.

Yes because of the way they are bobbling about landing initially errant or they slow down and don't spin a full rotation so double back, some balls are easy to read like when in fast momentum forwards end on end like in Tims situation.

His injury is entirely his own fault due to a split second mistake. It's all done and too late to change now.

Not sure why people need to blame anyone. Or why those that do seem happy to absolve the goal post for its role.

It's nothing to do with "diminishing" his actions. It's great he was desperate, but that doesn't stop people viewing it and thinking what the ****s he thinking? when he was no chance, other then breaking his leg by kicking against the ******* metal post with 1 inch pads.

You guys are cooked, the comments are fair and justified. It is not diminishing his efforts it is more just plain old wtf eye brow raising.

The 3 mates in my lounge room all said the same thing, after the "that would of hurt", "he's broken his leg", came "what the hell was he thinking he was no chance".

Watching it at the time I wasn't sure it had actually cleared the marking contest and was half expecting it to be called touched. Equally, I wasn't sure it had missed the post on the way through. Admittedly, I was watching it on a small tv in a mates RV after a heap of red, but I think there was sufficient reason for him to try and get a boot to it.

Good luck with that.

So frowning about discussion on a discussion style board. Gotcha. Or is there a list of pre-approved topics we can discuss happily?

Not sure why people need to blame anyone. Or why those that do seem happy to absolve the goal post for its role.

It's not blame people are so touchy on here. 100% under-siege mentality about the club and supporters atm.

It's simply stating things on how people viewed it, it is just bemusing (to me personally) that people who watched on TV (Live is different as they see it differently including Tim Broomhead) could come to any conclusion other then he was *no chance and it was poor judgement* (at the least).
Even blaming a non existent poor bounce that is very unlikely to happen (no chance with the speed and way it was already bouncing also he can track the ball without the kick) for it, some blaming Heath Shaw etc crazy.

• Watch the replay now you have a big TV and you will find he was :
  • Miles from the actual ball to make contact already over half a meter away at least.
  • Moving away from the ball both him and the ball moving at his speed,
  • knocked off his line shortly before it helping move him even further away from the ball (prior to kick),
  • the ball was already at or across the line moving at speed end over end in one direction (fwds).

Great to see the desperation, bad injury, feel for him, hopefully gets back but the decision to kick (as Black_White said) was questionable.

So frowning about discussion on a discussion style board. Gotcha. Or is there a list of pre-approved topics we can discuss happily?

It's not blame people are so touchy on here. 100% under-siege mentality about the club and supporters atm.

It's simply stating things on how people viewed it, it is just bemusing (to me personally) that people who watched on TV (Live is different as they see it differently including Tim Broomhead) could come to any conclusion other then he was *no chance and it was poor judgement* (at the least).
Even blaming a non existent poor bounce that is very unlikely to happen (no chance with the speed and way it was already bouncing also he can track the ball without the kick) for it, some blaming Heath Shaw etc crazy.

• Watch the replay now you have a big TV and you will find he was :
  • Miles from the actual ball to make contact already over half a meter away at least.
  • Moving away from the ball both him and the ball moving at his speed,
  • knocked off his line shortly before it helping move him even further away from the ball (prior to kick),
  • the ball was already at or across the line moving at speed end over end in one direction (fwds).

Great to see the desperation, bad injury, feel for him, hopefully gets back but the decision to kick (as Black_White said) was questionable.

Happy to agree to disagree. From my perspective there were more than enough uncertainties (touched?; hit post; bounce) to merit his split second decision. Happy for you (with the benefit of replays from the comfort of a lounge chair) to consider otherwise.

Happy to agree to disagree. From my perspective there were more than enough uncertainties (touched?; hit post; bounce) to merit his split second decision. Happy for you (with the benefit of replays from the comfort of a lounge chair) to consider otherwise.

Mate... I noticed all of those things I stated on *first viewing* from my lounge chair and I wasn't the only one. The replays were for your benefit and those who watched live, all replays did for me was to reaffirm what I originally viewed.

I actually found it interesting that when it was mentioned (Broomhead erred not Shaw's fault or other reason) by a few others earlier on here people were at odds and offended over their comments. Even now when I watched it back, I look at it and think how does anyone think he was a realistic chance!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was talking about all football players who have grown up playing the game should have a basic instinct and know how to read the ball.

If you never learnt that skill then well what can I say, don't hate the player, hate the game.

How many replies did it take me to see that post hmmm, not sure if I read someone talking bullshit or of interest I will reply.

LMFAO Your one to point out amount of "posts" I joined this forum a decade before you and yet I'm only 2.9k posts in front of you! fair funkin dinkum.
Could not care less if any one joined before me or after have more or less posts than me. Don’t know what your on about l never mentioned it.
We all have different opinions on this, yet l was back another poster, yet you called me out as bullshit on not him. Mmmmmm.
I learnt the skill alright of reading the ball, but if you think you know where it’s going every bounce, that nonsense. Who says l hate either the player or the game, now your making things up to suit your self.
When l joined or how many posts l have made or why is totally eralivant.
I did say reply when ment replays so if like others you read it though you would have got it right
Will fix that part. The stands.

Could not care less if any one joined before me or after have more or less posts than me. Don’t know what your on about l never mentioned it.
We all have different opinions on this, yet l was back another poster, yet you called me out as bullshit on not him. Mmmmmm.
I learnt the skill alright of reading the ball, but if you think you know where it’s going every bounce, that nonsense. Who says l hate either the player or the game, now your making things up to suit your self.
When l joined or how many posts l have made or why is totally eralivant.
I did say reply when ment replays so if like others you read it though you would have got it right
Will fix that part. The stands.

You originally wrote:

How many reply’s did it take you to see that. Gee you write some

So my reply was in response to that (thought you were asking me how many replies I had read before seeing that post of yours and then had swipe at my amount of posts).

Now you have changed it to replays and I take it you left a word off the end?

No you don't know where its going *every* bounce which I qualified in my posts, but you can tell generally when the ball is spinning end on end with pace where it will go, had the ball slowed up (which is generally a sign it could potentially then divert) or been a grubber already erratically bouncing, you would then have a point. You can also track (run with it) a ball without kicking when you see it has already gone over the line.

As for replying to your post and not his, it's because your post touched on "oval has become a round ball" indicating no not knowing where an oval ball will go, which was expanding on the argument others were making with me refuting it.

I see now that our oval shape ball has became round by others who knew where it was going. We are getting silly beyond belief. And 50 odd replays.
At the time in my recliner l thought he was right to have a go at it.
Your take on it live at the ground, is spot on.

His post below was directed at someone else, even though I disagree with the underlining message (re being home how can you judge it vs being live), he was sending BlackAndWhite it was directed to him and not me. So why would I reply?

Side By Side......live in the recliner.

Not sure why you tagged me in mate loki04?

neilk and I sit in the perfect position on the second level to assess the incident.........we both called it as we saw it.

We both don't have Matrix like ability or the benefit of slow motion replays.......like I said many times we called it in real time.

Do you or the other bloke from last night want a prize for knowing what was going on in Tim's head before breaking his leg??
Do you want Tim to call a press conference and apologise for his actions??

Bucks has established it is Cox's fault so can we all move on. F Me

Not sure why you tagged me in mate loki04?

neilk and I sit in the perfect position on the second level to assess the incident.........we both called it as we saw it.

We both don't have Matrix like ability or the benefit of slow motion replays.......like I said many times we called it in real time.

Do you or the other bloke from last night want a prize for knowing what was going on in Tim's head before breaking his leg??
Do you want Tim to call a press conference and apologise for his actions??

Bucks has established it is Cox's fault so can we all move on. F Me

Because he asked why I didn't reply to your post to BlackandWhite but did to his, so I quoted what you said and why I didn't reply to your post. ie because you weren't talking to me.

Not sure what the nark is about? I expect it from certain quarters but didn't from you bud. It's fine if you guys who were live saw it that way and I have repeatedly stated that because the view point from the stands is often inferior to what the camera is showing, (in these type of situations) in other things being at the ground gives you a "full picture" and a much better vantage point (like structures behind the ball etc).

I never stated I did know what was in his head in FACT I stated the exact opposite: WTF was he thinking? iirc, because from the very first time I saw it after my initial "oh no he's broken his leg for sure" was what the hell was he even thinking? it looked odd as fork that he tried to kick it at all given where he was and the ball.

I don't give a **** what tim does, I was merely putting my input in and backing up 2 other posters who were jumped on for having the temerity to dare say what quite a lot of people have said.

I have also stated it's great that he is desperate in his actions, he was moving quick and likely had committed, Im not even really having a massive dig at him, just getting dragged into tit for tats around saying it was poor judgement and a wtf moment.

Move on this place is a ****en riot, people post to you , then you reply, then you are criticised for not moving on without right of reply (not in my nature) lmao.

Last edited:
Because he asked why I didn't reply to your post to BlackandWhite but did to his, so I quoted what you said and why I didn't reply to your post. ie because you weren't talking to me.

Not sure what the nark is about? I expect it from certain quarters but didn't from you bud. It's fine if you guys who were live saw it that way and I have repeatedly stated that because the view point from the stands is often inferior to what the camera is showing, (in these type of situations) in other things being at the ground gives you a "full picture" and a much better vantage point (like structures behind the ball etc).

I never stated I did know what was in his head in FACT I stated the exact opposite: WTF was he thinking? iirc, because from the very first time I saw it after my initial "oh no he's broken his leg for sure" was what the hell was he even thinking? it looked odd as fork that he tried to kick it at all given where he was and the ball.

I don't give a **** what tim does, I was merely putting my input in and backing up 2 other posters who were jumped on for having the temerity to dare say what quite a lot of people have said.

I have also stated it's great that he is desperate in his actions, he was moving quick and likely had committed, Im not even really having a massive dig at him, just getting dragged into tit for tats around saying it was poor judgement and a wtf moment.

Move on this place is a ****en riot, people post to you , then you reply, then you are criticised for not moving on without right of reply (not in my nature) lmao.

I wasn’t being narky at you mate sorry if you took it that way.

One last question.....did the TV show vision directly behind the goals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back