Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2011-15 was flat out terrible. Didn't get a single player worth mentioning.
2016-18 has been exceptional. Only one top 20 pick but found Kelly, Stewart, Clarke, Miers, Ratugolea, Henry, O'Connor & Parfitt.

Throw in Atkins, Constable and Kreuger to that 2016-2018 mix as well!

Wouldn't actually discount 2011-2015 completely. Got Blicavs in the 2011 draft as a rookie, alongside Bews at 86 as a F/S. Got Kolo at Pick 41 in 2013 and Menegola at Pick 66 in 2015. If Cockatoo got right, he'd be a win too.

Largely agree though, 4-5 players from 5 drafts, is not a good hit rate at all. 2016-2018 have been immense in comparison.

Last edited:
You do realise that heaps of players give family reasons for requesting a trade which is why I asked you the question regarding players that nominated Carlton.

Some players even do it twice like Beams.
You should probably check your facts re Beams.

Is Tom Papley leveraging a personal issue over Sydney in order to get the trade done to Carlton I am unaware of?

Moreover, Papley is on record saying if no trade is to occur, he will act professionally and honour his contract. My posting history suggests I am under no illusion that Sydney are under any obligation to trade him to Carlton either.

Uhh what?

Papley is leveraging loneliness and depression to get a move and has mentioned he may retire if he doesn't get a move

It's the exact same situation at play

Have it on good authority Eagles will trad pick 24 and 33 for Hawthorns pick 11. Eagles will ask for a current 2nd rounder back for our 2nd rounder next season from Geelong as part of the deal. So deal is

Geelong get - Pick 11, 14, Eagles 2020 2nd rounder
Eagles get - Tim Kelly, 2nd rounder this year

Have it on good authority Eagles will trad pick 24 and 33 for Hawthorns pick 11. Eagles will ask for a current 2nd rounder back for our 2nd rounder next season from Geelong as part of the deal. So deal is

Has anything you’ve had on “good authority” ever panned out?

Maguiness is not getting bid on before 10 (ignore twomey he always has avic metro bias) so why on earth would hawthorn do that deal?

I am sure WC will put all there eggs in 1 basket and pick him up. They are an ageing list and he gives them a last shot at a flag. Irony is they likely won't win the flag with him and all the dad's with kids at the club will be retiring in the next year or 2 anyway.

All you need is some lemon and lime and you’d make the perfect drink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats probably getting close to acceptable.

Speaking on Telstra AFL Trade Radio, Wells said draft picks would likely get the deal done, but West Coast's first-round selection this year (No.14) and first-round selection in 2020 would not be enough.

He said Geelong would be open to dealing with Fremantle despite Kelly's request to be dealt to the Eagles.

"All of us are very reluctant for Tim to go at all, but for him to end up at a fierce rival like West Coast Eagles, who we've got great respect for, or Fremantle, who we've also got great respect for, we're losing a player that has come second in our best and fairest in his first two years," Wells said.

"We want to do what's best for the Geelong Footy Club, taking into account everybody else's position as well."

Wells said Geelong would be happy to accept players as part of the deal, but felt it was unlikely.

He said two top-10 picks would be "nice".

"The market has been set through these sorts of trades in recent years with significant players that have left their club."

So can we now kill the talk of pick 14, 2020 first and a second rounder back to west coast.

Last edited:
3 way proposal, surely this gets it done.

WCE
In: T.Kelly
Out: Picks 14 and 24

Cats
In: Steven, Pick 14
Out: T.Kelly

Saints:
In: Pick 24
Out: Steven

Cats get a L4L replacement for TK and pick 14. Steven is worth pick 24, Saints could use that to get Z.Jones from Sydney.
West coast has to give up more than that to get kelly. We can do the steven trade for a second or third rounder without you.

Speaking on Telstra AFL Trade Radio, Wells said draft picks would likely get the deal done, but West Coast's first-round selection this year (No.14) and first-round selection in 2020 would not be enough.

He said Geelong would be open to dealing with Fremantle despite Kelly's request to be dealt to the Eagles.

"All of us are very reluctant for Tim to go at all, but for him to end up at a fierce rival like West Coast Eagles, who we've got great respect for, or Fremantle, who we've also got great respect for, we're losing a player that has come second in our best and fairest in his first two years," Wells said.

"We want to do what's best for the Geelong Footy Club, taking into account everybody else's position as well."

Wells said Geelong would be happy to accept players as part of the deal, but felt it was unlikely.

"The market has been set through these sorts of trades in recent years with significant players that have left their club."

So can we kill the talk of pick 14, 2020 first and a second rounder back to west coast. Pic
Wells does realise that he is no longer a Geelong player he is uncontracted

They held that over him last year

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is about the 5th scenarios you’ve spewed up

Hawks wouldn’t accept that at all

Stop posting crap

So can we kill the talk of pick 14, 2020 first and a second rounder back to west coast. Pic
I think there is alot of posturing going on at the moment.

worst case for Eagles they dont get Kelly but dont lose anything.

Worst case for Freo Kelly goes to the Eagles but they dont lose anything.

Worst case for Geelong they lose Kelly and gain nothing.

If Freo get pick 6 whats stopping them from just using that in the draft to get Kelly ?

Whats stopping Eagles from trading for a pick ahead of Freo and getting him in the draft ?

To think Cats hold all the cards here is very naive.

I think the trade will get done respectfully but Geelong could lose out big if they are not careful.

And before anyone says it no club outside of WA would risk a high draft pick on Kelly in the draft given the circumstances !

Yes he could be gold coast player.
He could be for the next 12 months but almost no way they would use pick 1 or 2 on him and then swap him next year to the west coast for a late first or second or he walks

If you don't do a deal most likely outcome is freo pick him up with pick 7 as they will take the punt he stays

Any club with a pick before freo will not use it on a player that could walk on 12 months

Freo big winner cats the big loser west coast are neither better or worse

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wasn't aware of that before googling.

My opinion on Tom doesn't change though.

Obviously Tom's preference is Carlton and it would seem something has been agreed in

a) Don't patronise me, you should know that :rolleyes:
b) Don't pretend this is a 'vic bias' issue, that is the biggest load i've ever heard. I could care less about Geelong.

My opinion is very clear, you and others with skin in the game clearly don't like it and that's fine. Again, if TK's issues were so deeply rooted in the fact that he needs to be home in Perth (and fair enough by the sounds) he should be willing to return to Perth regardless; whether that is for Freo, WC or Subiaco. The same applies to Tom Papley for the record IMO.

To bring those issues into the public forum then suggest that he only wants to play for West Coast is hyprocritical and clear in it's motivation. Good luck to him, our game seems to allow this kind of thing to occur regularly. I disagree with it and the motives behind it.

A) Firstly I don't know you from a bar of soap. Can't actually recall crossing paths with you in 20,000 posts over the last 10 plus years here on BF.

B) Vic bias is most defiantly in play. Kelly is the only player who has nominate a club getting criticised by the Vic media. Please point out a player who has nominated a Vic team coping the same criticism.

C) You brought up Papely and have been shown to be incorrect in your asertation and comparison. Then you simply state your view on him and his cercumstance remains unchanged. That is yet another example of double standards and the hypocracy displayed by many supporters of Vic teams shown in this thread.

All Eagles posters want is one rule for all players. A trade value close to the Neale trade and that's it.

The Vic media aren't reporting or suggesting this. We ask why not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back