Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty rude by Hawthorn to only offer pick 15 and 35 and a guy picked at 19. Where were all the top 10 picks for a two time AA??? :O
to be fair Kelly is genuine elite - current top 10 rnking in the AFL. Carved Richmond up just a few weeks ago.

Wingard at his best was pretty bloody good, but would struggle to be in the top 100 at the moment by my reckoning. Couldn't carve up a Xmas turkey.

to be fair Kelly is genuine elite - current top 10 rnking in the AFL. Carved Richmond up just a few weeks ago.

Wingard at his best was pretty bloody good, but would struggle to be in the top 100 at the moment by my reckoning. Couldn't carve up a Xmas turkey.

If Kelly is as good as you say why didn't your team put any work into him? I watched the prelim and wondered why he was left completely alone. Season high uncontested possession count and close to season low clearance and tackle numbers. Not a chance Dangerfield gets to float forward and be left alone like that.

Anyway my point was that if Port wanted to they could've demanded XYZ for Wingard. Instead they weighed up what Hawthorn had to work with vs his salary, looming free agency etc. and decided to trade rather than letting Kochy do the negotiations and making arbitrary demands.

Damo just answered that on trade radio.....made absolutely no sense, stumbled through his explanation and I’m still confused what about what crap he was trying to say

Damo is a fool.

Danger was a free agent, but Geelong couldn't or didn't want to buy him that way. As meek as Adelaide are they aren't going to let their best player walk for $800k a year and pick 14 when the team he was going to had pick 9. Adelaide would have been happy to pay Danger $1m a year and still have him today.

Kelly isn't a free agent so there is means for any club to just sign him and no compo on offer to Geelong. No one wants to buy him either, but it is still possible. WC would rather pay him whatever terms they have agreed to and trade than try and put a price on his head in the draft. I imagine other clubs in the same position would be likewise.

Pretty rude by Hawthorn to only offer pick 15 and 35 and a guy picked at 19. Where were all the top 10 picks for a two time AA??? :O

Burton being one of the brightest young players in the game at the time. But James Hird was drafted in the 70’s so I suppose if he was to be traded at any stage he’d be still worth the same... stop trolling...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burton being one of the brightest young players in the game at the time. But James Hird was drafted in the 70’s so I suppose if he was to be traded at any stage he’d be still worth the same... stop trolling...

Brightest young players in the game, OK. Must have missed him in the 22under22 side the last two years. That 18th placed finish in the 2018 B&F playing 23 games, oh boy.

FMD even the Hawthorn fans who were adamant he was robbed of the Rising Star with McGrath won it were off the Burton bandwagon last year.

If Kelly is as good as you say why didn't your team put any work into him? I watched the prelim and wondered why he was left completely alone. Season high uncontested possession count and close to season low clearance and tackle numbers. Not a chance Dangerfield gets to float forward and be left alone like that.

Anyway my point was that if Port wanted to they could've demanded XYZ for Wingard. Instead they weighed up what Hawthorn had to work with vs his salary, looming free agency etc. and decided to trade rather than letting Kochy do the negotiations and making arbitrary demands.
Kelly has recieved the number one tag numerous times this season.
Plus richmond were more interested in beating up on a second year player in Miers. How houli was allowed to play in the grand final after hawkins got done for the same thing a week earlier that houli did to miers is disgustingly corrupt. Guess geelong doesnt have the same media influence as richmond and west coast.

Brightest young players in the game, OK. Must have missed him in the 22under22 side the last two years. That 18th placed finish in the 2018 B&F playing 23 games, oh boy.

FMD even the Hawthorn fans who were adamant he was robbed of the Rising Star with McGrath won it were off the Burton bandwagon last year.

“At the time”. But you go ahead and keep manipulating words to suit your narrative.

He was traded last year. Last year is "at the time" he was traded. Is the water OK to drink where you live?

He’s had a poor year this year. At the time he was one of the best young players in the game having recently finished second in the rising star. Certainly had more runs on the board than the young WC players that have been mentioned as possible trade options.

He’s had a poor year this year. At the time he was one of the best young players in the game having recently finished second in the rising star. Certainly had more runs on the board than the young WC players that have been mentioned as possible trade options.

He was traded at the end of 2018, after playing 23 of 24 games for Hawthorn and finishing 18th in the B&F.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back