Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't care where he ends up as long as the Cats get a good deal out of the trade. But if he does go to the Dockers any chance we can have a live stream of the meltdowns that a fair few of the Eagles fans on here are going to have.
Unsure how Geelong have been progressing with trying to strong arm him into changing his preferred destination

Imagine the outcry if there was attempt to do that with Ablett & Dangerfield

Instead we had to listen to sob stories about why it was only Geelong

If a trade cant be worked out the Eagles could trade for a draft pick higher than six and pick him up in the draft.Then Geelong get nothing.
If the Eagles could get in a top 5 pick somehow, then that would just do the bloody trade in the first place.

Anyway, you wouldn't get a top-five pick in without losing Gaff and that undoes the whole point of getting Kelly.

Geelong actions will determine Kelly’s attitude towards them. The clubs statement that tried to muddy the waters wasn’t a good start.

I’m going to guess that West Coast will spend most of early this week talking to third parties more than taking an offer directly to Geelong.

Not sure why people keep on bringing up Fremantle. Geelong and Freo can talk to each other until their blue in the face but it’s a waste of time until Kelly changes his mind. I’d give it a week until Fremantle enters this discussion as a viable trade destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unsure how Geelong have been progressing with trying to strong arm him into changing his preferred destination

Imagine the outcry if there was attempt to do that with Ablett & Dangerfield

Instead we had to listen to sob stories about why it was only Geelong

I'm tipping your melt will be one of the better ones if he ends up at the Dockers

How have Geelong treated him like s**t?
By refusing to let him go until he is out of contract and then trying to get him to change the club he wants to go to. Like a post above states imagine if GC and Adelaide refused to let Ablett/Danger go to Geelong?

I'm tipping your melt will be one of the better ones if he ends up at the Dockers

No doubt because it sets a new standard between West Coast and Fremantle. One day the shoe will be on the other foot and we’ll take full advantage poaching players they target.

Wouldn’t be the end of the world for West Coast though, Kelly doesn’t lock us in for Premiership success in any way and we’d get access to a bumper crop of WA talent.

If West Coast was in Fremantle’s position right now I’d hope we’d go to the draft and load up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Eagles could get in a top 5 pick somehow, then that would just do the bloody trade in the first place.

Anyway, you wouldn't get a top-five pick in without losing Gaff and that undoes the whole point of getting Kelly.
Thats wrong.just the points from14 and a few second rounders in the thirties equal better than pick six and it could happen.
Geelong have run the risk of getting nothing for Kelly and they know it.

Thats wrong.just the points from14 and a few second rounders in the thirties equal better than pick six and it could happen.
Nobody will do that swap for pick five, nobody. Points don't mean anything, the points system under-values the top ten picks something chronic.

Last year it took p11, 23 and 30 to get p6 off Fremantle, and that was only because Freo wanted to land both Hogan and Lobb.

Why would we melt? We have nothing to lose in this situation.

There are two scenarios for West Coast in this situation. Trade for Kelly and gloat on Big footy about it. Or we keep our picks, Freo weaken their draft hand and we pick up a couple of Robertson/Rivers/Taylor in the draft.

We are in the box seat here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's if nobody else picked him up beforehand he won't want to risk ending up at the Suns

The Suns wouldn't pick him up. They already have a culture of players jumping ship. Why on earth would they bring a player in that doesn't want to be there? That's one way of building your culture, having your best player refusing to play and not wanting to be there. In a professional sporting environment, that just wouldn't happen, not to mention that duty of care for Kelly's mental health. If Kelly goes to the draft, I think its likely he falls to WC. No other club imo would want the burden of taking him. I could be wrong, but whoever did would get some back lash.

Last edited:
That's if nobody else picked him up beforehand he won't want to risk ending up at the Suns
Geelong won't want to risk getting nothing for him

Hence them trying to strong arm a change in destination

All those sob stories about Ablett & Dangerfield...

We are fine if TK went GCS, even if we got nothing..

Sounds spiteful.

Just back to reality for a second. Gold Coast's existing retention crisis would exclude them from using any first round pick on a player who obviously had no long term future at the suns...

Other than that, feel free to continue melting.

Sounds spiteful.

Just back to reality for a second. Gold Coast's existing retention crisis would exclude them from using any first round pick on a player who obviously had no long term future at the suns...

Other than that, feel free to continue melting.
Things would really have to fall down for that to be an option, but in essence we only lose pick 24 and GCS pick up even for a year a quality player

How would you feel if the Eagles stuff the trade up he does end up there?

I have answered this already, please see my previous post

Why would we melt? We have nothing to lose in this situation.

There are two scenarios for West Coast in this situation. Trade for Kelly and gloat on Big footy about it. Or we keep our picks, Freo weaken their draft hand and we pick up a couple of Robertson/Rivers/Taylor in the draft.

We are in the box seat here.

This says otherwise.

Geelong will not get two top 10 picks. A monkey can work that out.

Why?

Its very simple. The Eagles can trade in a pick just under Freo's for two top 10 picks and take Kelly in the draft and the Cats get zip.

So THATsets the benchmark Mr Wells. Dont ask for more than it would take to land Kelly another way.

What an absolute tool.

Geelong will not get two top 10 picks. A monkey can work that out.

Why?

Its very simple. The Eagles can trade in a pick just under Freo's for two top 10 picks and take Kelly in the draft and the Cats get zip.

So THATsets the benchmark Mr Wells. Dont ask for more than it would take to land Kelly another way.

What an absolute tool.
It's an opening gambit, not a realistic take-or-leave demand.

But it's not even that.

If West Coast get access to 2 top 10 picks, assuming both are after Freo's pick 7, we could swap those two picks with Freo or another team before pick 7 and then take him in the draft.
Yeah, you probably could. But, as was suggested, it's not exactly where we expect negotiations to land, anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back