Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

How much better of a player is Tim Taranto than Josh Dunkley?

I do think Taranto is better but seeing what GWS are asking for excites me a bit.
I think you could mount a pretty good argument for both. In fact if you did a poll, I would expect it to be 50/50

Has it been made official yet?

I'd expect with Richmond and GWS out of the finals, it should have been formally announced he's requesting a trade by now.....

I'm not sure why anyone needs to announce a formal trade request.

I mean I get that it’s generally the done thing, but what purpose does it serve?

If Geelong secure Hopper I'd imagine GWS can dig their claws in for Taranto. When he's playing inside mid he's an absolute beast, 23 years old and very durable. 12 and 19 seems pretty bang on for me.
Its more the opposite isnt it? Hopper is the one under contract

I'm not sure why anyone needs to announce a formal trade request.

I mean I get that it’s generally the done thing, but what purpose does it serve?
The purpose is so we can relax FFS man

Taranto is 24.7 old lol. 23 year old is almost 2 years difference - lol this thread at least get some factual information.. some people are just talking nonsense and painting a narrative it’s annoying
After eight seasons of playing for Richmond he'll be 32, probably got more left as well.

Pick 2, lived up to that pick, 12 & 19, to become 13 & 20/21 looks the minimum Richmond could get away with.

Not sure how they land Hopper as well, a 2022 second and next years first?

Callum mills signs a 6 contract and is 25 years old.
Taranto to a 7 year contract at 24 years old.

Going rate.

Callum mills signs a 6 contract and is 25 years old.
Taranto to a 7 year contract at 24 years old.

Going rate.

Buddy franklin signs a 10 year deal at 26

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is all very strange.. we've seen all sort of things go pear shaped with trades when its just one player.. let alone two pretty good ones from the same club.

I believe all this when the deal or deals are booked.. failing that we'll just keep getting more kids in thanks.

Waiting on Hoppers call would be my guess

They could be related deals.

Taranto might be almost there, but want someone like Hopper as extra midfield support rather than face the prospect of being the only quality pure midfielder much of the time (Prestia having long running injury issues so likely to miss games, and Cotchin being in decline).

This is all very strange.. we've seen all sort of things go pear shaped with trades when its just one player.. let alone two pretty good ones from the same club.

I believe all this when the deal or deals are booked.. failing that we'll just keep getting more kids in thanks.
The worst possible scenario for all would be if the deal fell over.

Players- Want out Hopper has a contract for one more year. Taranto probably signs a one year deal - or they decide on a bigger long term contract than he originally rejected.

GWS- Screwed from a salary cap perspective if you believe the rationale as to why they are letting these players walk. They will need to offload other big names via trade for cheap. Not sure how they do it.

Richmond- They don’t get the players they really wanted. Won’t have time to target others this year. May use the payments for 23 to frontload new long term contracts for Bolton, Baker and Balta. Go to the draft with their picks and instead of reloading with experience, load up on younger talent.

Pretty sure it's not us, Collingwood was the other team balls deep in him. So will be interesting if no announcement is made while the Pies are still alive.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but if th pies can move Grundy surely that opens up cap space for Taranto.
Just a bit strange that nothing has been made official yet... though th tigers have been re-signing players

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but if th pies can move Grundy surely that opens up cap space for Taranto.
Just a bit strange that nothing has been made official yet... though th tigers have been re-signing players

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Even with Grundy going pies still have a lot on the burner and may not be comfortable with a 7 year deal or able to match what tigers are offering money wise

Degoey, McStay will both be sizeable undertakings with the likes of Hill and Tom Mitchell also needing to be taken into account as well

Even with Grundy going pies still have a lot on the burner and may not be comfortable with a 7 year deal or able to match what tigers are offering money wise

Degoey, McStay will both be sizeable undertakings with the likes of Hill and Tom Mitchell also needing to be taken into account as well
Even if the Pies did have the cash free it doesn't matter. Taranto wants to play for Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back