News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

All the publicity attached to the hubs up until now has been on the players' welfare. But spare a thought for the already overworked staff at AFL clubs, who will now have to execute the practicalities of moving the players into a hub over everything else in their personal lives (a fate already suffered by staff at the SA and WA clubs). Club staffers don't get anywhere near the financial recompense received by the players either.

“Essentially Queensland is going to be the home of the AFL, they should give us the grand final after this,” Palaszczuk said.

Lol. At the GABBA. No thanks.

That would be amusing to see the WA melts.

This is going to be really interesting to watch, I love watching games played at neutral venues. Everyone out of their comfort zone.

Except I have to watch Geelong at the SCG, sigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can someone explain why St Kilda can travel to Brisbane without quarantine? In WA quarantining teams can play each other, but St Kilda vs Freo??? Is there an exemption from the Qld government? Thanks!

The fixture has to be redrawn because Richmond couldn't go to Queensland to play West Coast. New fixture has St Kilda going to Queensland to play Freo??? Have the rules now changed, or doesn't this make sense?

can someone explain why St Kilda can travel to Brisbane without quarantine? In WA quarantining teams can play each other, but St Kilda vs Freo??? Is there an exemption from the Qld government? Thanks!

I assume they are quarantining though, like the other Vic teams going up there.

By extension I guess that means Fremantle are re-quarantining.

Am I reading right that QLD are allowing Victorian teams to play next weekend in front of crowds but for the rest of us mere mortals need to pay for our own hotel stay for 2 weeks? I'd like to be able to see my family again one day.....

I assume they are quarantining though, like the other Vic teams going up there.

By extension I guess that means Fremantle are re-quarantining.
So they shouldn't play against Freo then, or that will reset Freo's quarantine, as you say.
Then Freo go back to Perth when??

Maybe because Freo will be heading back to WA after the game so Qld govenrment doesn't care?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back