Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is this Faith person? Sounds like an enlightened preacher because you are all lapping up his every word up as
Gospel.

Perhaps you need to do some research on an opposition board before you start being a smart arse?

Point out where I've EVER said I was superior? :rolleyes: I have said I prefer to look at the world from my perspective (obviously) because I end up not being as stressed and angered by things that haven't happened yet. Sure I might get peeved if things eventuate but I haven't wasted all that energy in the lead up. I don't know about you, but feeling negative about everything is just a crap way to live. You have to wonder why they bother supporting a Club they clearly have no respect for? The negative nellies, on the other hand, prefer to see the bad in ALL situations and are constantly negative, hating, derogatory - and if their beliefs happen to be correct - CONTINUE to be negative, hating, derogatory - and supercilious added in for good measure!

The comment 'i know who I'd rather be' or words to that effect suggests an implicit superiority to me, of course its likely that you dont mean it that way.

And Jenny: the point you repeatedly fail to grasp. The clubs administration is not the club itself. I can be completely frustrated at those who run the club, and still love the ****ing AFC. They are temporary holders of an office that is a privlege. They need to hold it to an appropriate standard of quality, otherwise we should be demanding they leave.

Apologies for posting off topic but as this is the most popular thread please take a moment as football lovers to remember those lost and injured 10 years ago today in Bali.

Football brought us all together at the club that night

Football keeps us together today

RIP. Friends

faith has a couple of years worth of credit built up. been on the money more often than not.

Mate, who cares?

Some Sydney guy who will never visit our Board again when the Tippett deal is done, who gives a stuff whether he thinks Faith is full of shit?

We know he's legit, some would say too legit, some might even say too legit to quit; on our board, that's enough.

Brisbane have "joined the race" for Dawes' sig this morning. To me this means they have been told/become aware that Tippett wont be available to them. Good signs of some sort of outcome imminent?

The comment 'i know who I'd rather me' suggests an implicit superiority to me, of course its likely that you dont mean it that way.

And Jenny: the point you repeatedly fail to grasp. The clubs administration is not the club itself. I can be completely frustrated at those who run the club, and still love the ******* AFC. They are temporary holders of an office that is a privlege. They need to hold it to an appropriate standard of quality, otherwise we should be demanding they leave.

I know who I'd rather be is a personal fact. Nothing more, nothing less. No intention of superiority, rather a state of mind I prefer to live by. Whether you take that personally is your problem, not mine.

And fair point on the Club. However the Administrators are who they are, and don't look like changing any time soon. Unfortunately many of you seem to have the point of view that if they don't do things your way, they are completely useless ignoramus's. Fortunately, the Club isn't run by the many "experts" in here or we'd be truly ****ed. If people in here had their way, we'd be getting absolutely nothing for Tippett, and making him go into the PSD. Or they'd DEMAND publicly that Sydney are **** heads and should give us Jetta, Hannebury and Goodes for Tippett (the apparently worthless piece of shit, that can't kick and has no spine, that we want nothing to do with). :rolleyes:

Brisbane have "joined the race" for Dawes' sig this morning. To me this means they have been told/become aware that Tippett wont be available to them. Good signs of some sort of outcome imminent?

if Dawes is any club's idea of the answer, it must be one hell of a question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no point getting worked up until the trade is done is how I see it.. Who knows how it will end up looking by then.. We have no idea what is really going on or if other clubs will be involved and anything in the media is BS for varying reasons..

Ireland basically said yesterday they want to use their draft picks well, keep premiership players, not trade young players like Mitchell.. That rules out pretty well anything coming our way if you listen to it.. Even Terry Tanning Bed laughed and said something about that making it hard to get a deal done then..

I'm happier that the trade hasn't happened within a few days.. Sydney offer shit, we accept it.. We haven't done that so at least we're trying to get something decent..

If we accept White or some rubbish, fire from the tower all you want ;)

Would be a great sign if they offer pick 8 and polec ....lol

And Jenny: the point you repeatedly fail to grasp. The clubs administration is not the club itself. I can be completely frustrated at those who run the club, and still love the ******* AFC. They are temporary holders of an office that is a privlege. They need to hold it to an appropriate standard of quality, otherwise we should be demanding they leave.

Absolutely agree with this. The administration and management of the club are nothing more than custodians who hold a current day position. The club, in my view is the players who pull on the jumper week after week and are the ones who shred the blood and guts on the field and this is who I support every weekend.

Ive been the biggest Tippett basher going.
But these Sydney blokes. Jeez.

When youre offering a bloke the reported 1mil a year, you do need to offer something for him.

And that's your call. However, your constant negativity is depressing (and pissing off) other people. Is that fair?

No, because no one is forcing you to read that negativity.

However, I don't believe your pissed off at the negativity being posted, you're pissed off at the lack of player movement and outcomes we want. If the outcome were coming in our favour, their wouldn't be any negative posting and you wouldn't be pissed off. Deep down, you now the people who are posting with negativity are correct but you simply won't admit it.

In relation to Kurt Tippett - as a supporter of this club, we have had nothing to indicate to s that we will win this deal or even come out equal. Sydney have said, they will not trade any premiership player, they don't want to trade any extra good young player who didn't play in the premiership and they don't wish to keep their draft picks.

Please direct me to a position where I can start gaining some positive well-being that has been posted that will allow us to gain a positive outcome?

I suspect that, internally at least, the club has a very good idea of what they're getting at this point. Given how tight space is on our senior list, upgrading Callinan was a massive list management decision and one that surely would not have been taken if the club wasn't very sure about the picks and players we're likely to end up with in this trade period.

As it stands, we have 2 spots left on the list to be filled through the draft, 3 if we don't replace Tippett with another player. I expect that we will end up getting 2 first rounders out of the Tippett trade, giving us 3 all up. I reckon we will trade one of the 3 (probably pick 22) for either GHS or Giles, leaving us with 2 live picks in the draft, both first rounders. Then I expect a bit of late horseplay with us trying to bundle up some draft picks (including the Knights compo) to upgrade one or both of our first rounders.

There we go, detailed speculation based on the announcement of a rookie upgrade.

There is one other thing I'm really worried about, but I won't write it here in case somebody is reading (unlikely I know - but the Gibbs saga shows how anything of big footy can make it into the public arena and become reality).

There's no point getting worked up until the trade is done is how I see it.. Who knows how it will end up looking by then.. We have no idea what is really going on or if other clubs will be involved and anything in the media is BS for varying reasons..

But we should, the club should be using this as a perfect opportunity to sell the club and it's values to new and existing members. However, at the moment, the only thing I see this club standing for is accepting a loss of one of it's most marketable players.

The club should be selling it's values that thy won't let other clubs walk over the top of us and just because Kurt Tippett wants to leave - we will make it as hard as possible for him and others. But that isn't the perception I am gaining, far from it in fact.

Heafy...happy for your guidance on this one as I gather you have seen him play whereas I have not and was just going by stats.

It may be that sauce was more consistent hence the close numbers because geez Giles had some pretty big games this year, not the kind of numbers sauce would put up.

He's only 24 and in a better side we may see those numbers more often.

Saw him play a lot for Centrals in his early days and his ruck work was always very good. In fact I remember a 6-7 week period where he was getting 35+ HO every week plus 15 poss and a few goals. Was integral for Centrals that year. Was a little hype about him in the media around that stage too.
Honestly with a better midfield he could seriously challenge Jacobs for 1st ruck position. HO to advantage is the main area Jacobs excels in and like I said with a better midfield he might lead to an increase in his numbers here.
Giles, I feel, has been just as consistent as Jacobs this season. The main reason GWS don't want to pay big bucks is they have said they are happy to develop the young rucks there and when the time comes for them to challenge for a flag they will go out and buy one like Syd, pies etc have all done in the past.

And that's your call. However, your constant negativity is depressing (and pissing off) other people. Is that fair?
I can see when you are overtly positive to the point of being delusional when someone is realistic and that realism is negative that it would piss you off.

But have you noticed its the overtly positive people calling others morons?

And to say I'm constantly negative is bullshit.

I'm wondering how you find so much time to post, surely your role as fairy godmother would occupy your time.

No, because no one is forcing you to read that negativity.

However, I don't believe your pissed off at the negativity being posted, you're pissed off at the lack of player movement and outcomes we want. If the outcome were coming in our favour, their wouldn't be any negative posting and you wouldn't be pissed off. Deep down, you now the people who are posting with negativity are correct but you simply won't admit it.

In relation to Kurt Tippett - as a supporter of this club, we have had nothing to indicate to s that we will win this deal or even come out equal. Sydney have said, they will not trade any premiership player, they don't want to trade any extra good young player who didn't play in the premiership and they don't wish to keep their draft picks.

Please direct me to a position where I can start gaining some positive well-being that has been posted that will allow us to gain a positive outcome?
I'll give it a go;
AFL Website said:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149395/default.aspx
THE SYDNEY Swans and Adelaide have made little progress in working out a deal for Kurt Tippett on the first day of the Gillette AFL Trade Period.

The clubs met for preliminary discussions before the trade period officially kicked off at Etihad Stadium on Monday, but respective list managers Kinnear Beatson and David Noble are set to hold more detailed talks away from the media spotlight.

"We caught up early this morning, and to be open, we didn't catch up today during the discussion [period] because we thought it was probably better to be done off-line," Swans chief executive Andrew Ireland said.

"There was really no discussion specifically about players, draft picks or anything like that - it was more about how we best accomplish trying to complete a deal given the obvious interest that's going to be in it.

"It's really been left to Kinnear Beatson and David Noble to get together. They're the guys who know the worth of the draft picks and what the two clubs are trying to achieve.

"They will spend some time together and try to get a deal started, but at this stage that hasn't happened."

Note: Ireland is leaving it to Noble and Beatson to sort out the deal.

AFL Website said:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149395/default.aspx
THE SYDNEY Swans and Adelaide have had a 'positive meeting' regarding Kurt Tippett's potential move to the premiers.

Tippett has nominated the Swans as his preferred destination in the Gillette AFL Trade period, after he walked out on former club Adelaide.

Swans CEO Andrew Ireland told AFL.com.au's Gillette Trade Radio, the Tippett deal was starting to head in the right direction after a meeting between Swans recruitment manager Kinnear Beatson and Crows counterpart David Noble.

"The view was that it was a positive meeting," Ireland said.

"And we might well now be on the road to completing something.

"We've still got a bit of work to do, but they thought it was a positive meeting."

Keep in mind, the trade talks will be between Noble and Beatson. Ireland is blabbering to keep his players feeling like they won't be shopped around.

We have had comments from FAITH saying that Mitchell has been shopped around. I would bet my last dollar that Parker and Rohan have also been discussed, and several people with different sources suggest that Reid is being hunted by Collingwood.

My best guess is that Sydney are trying to avoid a Crazy Vossy situation as I habve suggested before by keeping players names out of the public. Sydney has asked for Adelaide not to bring up names also. Brisbane and GC have clearly both moved on. This is a sign to me that they feel completely out of the running, and that Sydney are doing what they can, behind closed doors, to ensure they can meet the wants of the crows.

I still have faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back