Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys stop stressing! Like I posted early in the week my mate at a rival club is still telling me Adelaide is still likely to end up with pick 4, pick 42 and GHS. For those of you who don't know what I'm on about check out what I posted on page 184 of this thread. Wellingham side of things already done as I was told.

Whether you're right or not, by golly I hope you are, you make a good point. There's absolutely no point stressing just yet. As someone else mentioned, Sydney and Adelaide have made a pretty decent point of keeping this away from the media, with very measured, non-committal statements, I suspect most of what has been played out in the media is absolute BS. Rowie especially, for all his passion, has to be the most gullible man alive and probably got his info from Caro Wilson who's still trying to peddle her "2nd round draft pick" agreement as if its fact.

Going off half cocked with only the minimal info is what lead to the Patty Dangerfield thread in the "Locker Room". It may eventuate that we get absolutely screwed, I'm certainly not getting my hopes to high and I'll certainly be first in line with my torch and pickfork ready to march on the Westpack Centre, but its too early to get worked up over it all, just no point. It may be difficult to believe, but there is a small chance that Noble and Harper may actually know what they're doing...

Wouldn't read too much into interviews guys. Who the **** tells the general public what is really going on behind the scenes and lets everyone know their strategy. I'm sure Noble will do the best he can in a shit situation- we did pretty damn fine in a tricky situation last year. Yes we got unders for Gunston IMO but turned it around when we added guys like Lynch, Johnstone and Jenkins. Add to that we also got Crouch and it was a pretty good trade period for us. Don't have a problem with us stating we won't re-draft Tippett. Has anyone in the history of AFL redrafted their own player, let alone a guy who doesn't want to be here and one that will take up 1/8th of our salary cap (There has been but usually only dud/depth players that want to be at the club and are on minimum salary)? What are we going to do if we redraft him? All we did was state the obvious. We would be laughed at by the rest of the AFL community by sending a 'threat' to re-draft him. LOLs's would be had by 17 other teams in the comp, would've been an absolutely ******ed threat.

Sure, I'd love us to have a tougher stance on this but at the end of the day Tippett has forced us into this, wants to leave and we want to get compensated for him. There's 2 more weeks to go, and I have no doubt we'll hold out for as much as we. Just calm the **** down, it's been only 4 days into the trade period and people are already crying about no progress being made or us going to be shafted. Boohoo, we are only going to get pick 22 for him blah blah :(:(:(. Just shut the **** up and stop getting into a frenzy when we all don't know ANYTHING that's trying to be done behind the scenes. 250 pages of speculation and tripe.

I'm getting the **** outta this thread for the next week at least cause I know it'll be filled the same shit:
-There'll be the ******ed trade suggestions that will never happen (ZOMGGG JETTA)
-The random assortment of players that people throw out there that we are interested in when in reality people do not know who the **** we are actually targetting
-Noble and Trigg are w***ers, grow a spine, I can do a better job than them, blah blah
- WE ARE GETTING ROBBED, PICK 22!?!? and having a sook about Sydney
-Tippett is a dog (seems like the last 100 pages though we've moved on)
-The random Sydney supporter coming and having a gloat

^That's pretty much 250 pages or so pages summed up.

Now you do, back then it was the concussions, going home and not about the money. We said it was about the money and were right
But it doesn't make you right now. I will always give benefit of the doubt, it's in my nature. Is being a miserable, pessimist your nature? Coz I know what I'd prefer.

Meh - I'd rather panic now and over react and be wrong than stay calm and end up with nothing and a pissed off attitude because we rolled over and took the lube.

I really dont know.
Today i was told they would be happy with a quality player and 24.
Problem is sydney dont want to give anyone at this stage.
Which also means its hard to involve other clubs in the deal.
Its only the 5 th day still 16 or so to go.....

Sydney have to give up one of their quality players wont work otherwise

Exactly. I am told it is likely Reid to Collingwood, who are pushing hard to get him

I really dont know.

Sydney have to give up one of their quality players won't work otherwise
If we assume that no Swans premiership player will be traded, then the only players with currency on their list - in terms of reaping a top-20 or better draft pick - are Rohan, Mitchell or Lamb. Ireland said Mitchell is off the table, so that leaves Rohan or Lamb. The other one still being mentioned is Parker (the Grand Final sub) who would definitely be worth a pick between 11-20.

I'm starting to think that if Sydney do not budge, that we will end up simply with their picks 22 and 42. Like you said, though, still 16 days to go, so no need to 'panic'.

Harper also confirmed Rowey's story that there were some issues supposedly stemming from his old contract that were causing issues with his trade.

Maybe the trading clause was true afterall ??

WTF? No he didn't. He refused to enter into it. Jesus people.

hodra said:
Guys I'm hearing from a mate involved at another club that up to 6 clubs are likely to be involved in the Kurt Muppett trade. My mail is something similiar to the below is being looked at as a likely outcome, but may happen in stages:

Collingwood - Gain: Reid, Lose: Dawes & Wellingham
West Coast - Gain: Wellingham, Lose: Pick 17
Adelaide - Gain: Pick 4, 42 & GHS, Lose: Muppett & Pick 40
Sydney - Gain: Muppett & Pick 40, Lose: Reid, Picks 22 & 42
Melbourne - Gain: Dawes & Pick 17, Lose: Pick 4
Geelong - Gain: Pick 22, Lose: GHS

Hoping FAITH can shed some more light

To keep up to speed.

I really dont know.

Sydney have to give up one of their quality players wont work otherwise

Great now even FAITH thinks we will get screwed. Hope hodra is on the money but I can't see it happening we will roll over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did we say that we are going to take the best offer Sydney give us?
Not precisely, but that was the impression I got. No other club was mentioned. But no, he didn't say it in those words, so I'll retract that. He didn't expressly say they wouldn't use the PSD either, but when Cornes said that it wasn't good enough in reply to Harper saying we wouldn't get another Kurt Tippett for Kurt Tippett and would seek to get the best deal from Sydney that we could, he said, fairly condescendingly, that the alternative was nothing. It was very clear that nothing is not considered and option by us.
As usual those two boneheads could have pressed the issue a bit better, but Harper said he was sick of talking about that trade, and deliberately led them onto the topic of Crouch instead.
It really wasn't a positive interview.

Exactly. I am told it is likely Reid to Collingwood, who are pushing hard to get him
Don't mean to shoot this down... but you would think a rumour like this, if true, would have made the press by now. Collingwood are the most 'watched' club in the country.

Harper also semi confirmed Rowey's story that there were some issues supposedly stemming from his old contract that were causing issues with his trade.

Maybe the trading clause was true afterall ??
My uneducated guess is that we probably had a first round pick specified, believing it would either be a top 3 pick from the Gold Coast or a decent pick from Brisbane.

Meh - I'd rather panic now and over react and be wrong than stay calm and end up with nothing and a pissed off attitude because we rolled over and took the lube.

Alex take a pill and lie down my friend

No point jumping at shadows, Noble not Harper is leading this task and the fact that both Syd and us are not playing this out in the media is a positive sign

Not precisely, but that was the impression I got. No other club was mentioned. But no, he didn't say it in those words, so I'll retract that. He didn't expressly say they wouldn't use the PSD either, but when Cornes said that it wasn't good enough in reply to Harper saying we wouldn't get another Kurt Tippett for Kurt Tippett and would seek to get the best deal from Sydney that we could, he said, fairly condescendingly, that the alternative was nothing. It was very clear that nothing is not considered and option by us.
As usual those two boneheads could have pressed the issue a bit better, but Harper said he was sick of talking about that trade, and deliberately led them onto the topic of Crouch instead.
It really wasn't a positive interview.

Thanks for clarifying that. Wish I'd heard the interview! Or perhaps not since it was apparently pretty negative :eek:

It sounds more to me like Harper was sick of having to answer the same questions over and over again. Actually, on that point, how much say would Harper have on a deal like this? Would he be actively involved? Does he rubber stamp it? Does he have any influence at all on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back