TNA Wrestling (On TNA+ and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know. They've put over TNA in a big way on their own TV show. It makes sense to me that you'd mention your NXT talent appearing on TNA later in the week. I guess there is the network factor and whether they want to promote a show on another network etc, but you'd think they'd want eyes on Dempsey.
it's not like they promote(d) Nakamura in NOAH, AJ Styles in NOAH, Dempsey in AJPW, or IYO in Marigold. so that should hint at where their priorities like.

Bigger company being self serving isn't new. Although a bigger name should be going over at least once to TNA though.

Relatively early days though so hopefully it builds up to something more substantial. It's been good so far.

Bigger company being self serving isn't new. Although a bigger name should be going over at least once to TNA though.

Relatively early days though so hopefully it builds up to something more substantial. It's been good so far.
Fair call, too early to judge. Re-evaluate in another 6-9 months

TNA Impact notes this week:
Show started off with Nic Nemeth and Kazarian brawling outside.

Jordynne Grace retained the Knockouts Title vs NXT's Izzi Dame. Ash By Elegance was watching via satellite from the Bahamas.

NXT's Charlie Dempsey beat Zachary Wentz. NXT's Myles Borne attacked Trey Miguel on the outside, then post-match they beat up Wentz.

Speedball beat Kushida and Jonathan Gresham in a 3 way No.1 Contenders for the X Division Title. Post-match Mustafa Ali and his security beat up Speedball Mountain.

AJ Francis retained the Digital Media Title vs Rhino via DQ after Rich Swann attacked Rhino. Santino came out and restarted the match and made it a Philly Street Fight. AJ Francis then retained his title. Post-match PCO came out for a failed run-in, AJ Francis chokeslammed PCO on the ramp.

Johnny Dango Curtis beat Chris Bey, via help from The System. Post-match The System beat up ABC.

Steve Maclin and Moose beat Josh Alexander and Joe Hendry, via a distraction from Kazarian, in the main event.

Next week on Impact: (Also Xia Brookside vs Alisha Edwards)
GSUaeg8WYAAqOKL
GST_FnDWEAAtQIG

Added to Slammiversary:

TNA Impact notes this week:
NXT's No Quarter Catch Crew beat Trey Miguel, Zachary Wentz and Kushida in a 6 man tag due to Jonathan Gresham distracting Kushida. NXT's Wes Lee showed up backstage saying he wants The Rascalz to take on NXT's No Quarter Catch Crew at Slammiversary.

Xia Brookside beat Alisha Edwards.

Speedball wanted to fight Ali tonight, Ali on the tron agreed, but only if Speedball beats Ali's security in a gauntlet match. Speedball beat all 4 of them + Campaign Singh. Then Ali in a helmet hit Speedball in the back of the head with a nightstick and pinned Speedball. Backstage Ali said the match vs Speedball at Slammiversary is cancelled. Then Santino said not only is the match still on, Ali will be fired if he doesn't show up.

The System retained the TNA Tag Titles vs The Hardys via DQ after Johnny Dango Curtis attacked Jeff Hardy, then post-match The System wiped out Jeff Hardy and he ended up being put on a stretcher and sent to hospital.

Johnny Dango Curtis beat Mike Santana via DQ due to Santana beating the hell out of JDC with a steel chair.

The show ended with the 6 way TNA World Title contract signing. Nemeth on the tron said he's got a partially torn labrum but will be cleared. Then AJ Francis came out saying his match with PCO is the real main event, then PCO came out to brawl with Francis, and then everyone brawled, and Joe Hendry put Moose through a table.

Added to Slammiversary:
GS0V8vqXEAAG2cc
GS0NVZSWcAEl5-a
GS0PjeZWoAAyGuO
GS0SkPDWAAAeZZF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely WWE snap him up at some stage. The guy has so much natural charisma. Hadn’t really heard of him before as I don’t really follow TNA but just through nxt gotta say I’m a fan of what I’ve seen so far.

Surely WWE snap him up at some stage. The guy has so much natural charisma. Hadn’t really heard of him before as I don’t really follow TNA but just through nxt gotta say I’m a fan of what I’ve seen so far.
It goes without saying they’ll be snapping up anyone of value from TNA when they’re available, and then leaving them to rebuild with the dregs.

It goes without saying they’ll be snapping up anyone of value from TNA when they’re available, and then leaving them to rebuild with the dregs.

Weren't you agreeing in the other thread it's early days to call the TNA/WWE relationship a bust?

I really dislike this train of thought. Both WWE and AEW have more than enough dollars in the bank to sign any talent they see fit as is, and this partnership changes nothing in that regard except maybe giving WWE and their fans more exposure to said talent.

Despite all of this, TNA have signed and re-signed many talent with value. If they secure a strong distribution deal like they hope, they will have even more resources to continue to invest in their roster.

The partnership has absolutely been a success thus far. I honestly don't understand how anyone could think differently.

For what it's worth, I'm fairly sure Hendry is signed to October 2025 too, so has a LOT of time left with TNA.

Not beyond the realm of possibility they could buy out his contract

You're not wrong, but would cost a pretty penny which would then go into other talents. It wouldn't be the end of the world either way.

TNA Wrestling (On TNA+ and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back