Game Day To Go, or Not to Go, That Is the Question

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be watching on Kayo with my brother from another mother, who coincidentally is part of the reason why I started supporting the Dogs this season.

We decided that if we were going to potentially suffer through the match, we may as well suffer together.

Will be watching on Kayo with my brother from another mother, who coincidentally is part of the reason why I started supporting the Dogs this season.

We decided that if we were going to potentially suffer through the match, we may as well suffer together.

I am going to suffer in less company than usual. My regular travel companions (several offspring) are sick and hungover! Oh to be young again!

I still sit with friends though, been sitting together for nearly 30 years, plus extended family nearby. And with the limited VLine schedule on weekends, I can't even leave early! (Only ever did it once, at 3/4 time, and we came back from 43 points down to win!)

I am going to suffer in less company than usual. My regular travel companions (several offspring) are sick and hungover! Oh to be young again!

I still sit with friends though, been sitting together for nearly 30 years, plus extended family nearby. And with the limited VLine schedule on weekends, I can't even leave early! (Only ever did it once, at 3/4 time, and we came back from 43 points down to win!)

My son rang yesterday to say what time are we leaving to go. I was surprised as he hasn’t been able to go often this year. Then this morning he said he’s not going, came down with a gastro thing overnight. Not surprising with the amount of little Petrie dishes that he has at his house !!
Next door said he’s not going either.
Looks like I’m on my own and all the seats around me that are usually empty will be occupied by arrogant Blue Baggers.
And like you I NEVER leave early, so I hope this doesn’t get ugly.

Living so far away also, I can’t leave early either! Although as frustrated as I might get I wouldn’t even if I could. Just isn’t in me to leave early even if we’re 100points down. I will if I go to a game where the Dogs aren’t playing though cause I’m not as invested 😂

Do you tend to sit in the same spot at each stadium? My friends and I have coined ourselves the Aisle 34 Appreciation Society (this is at Marvel)

My son rang yesterday to say what time are we leaving to go. I was surprised as he hasn’t been able to go often this year. Then this morning he said he’s not going, came down with a gastro thing overnight. Not surprising with the amount of little Petrie dishes that he has at his house !!
Next door said he’s not going either.
Looks like I’m on my own and all the seats around me that are usually empty will be occupied by arrogant Blue Baggers.
And like you I NEVER leave early, so I hope this doesn’t get ugly.
PETRIE DISHES 😂😂

Definitely going and, although I’ve never done it before, I will have no problem leaving early if that’s the kind of inspiration my team dishes up today

My daughter asked for my membership as a friend asked her to go. She has been to 2 matches previously - 2014 v Richmond when Gia kicked the winner and v PA @ AO in 2016 when we won by less than a goal. She hasn’t seen a full match (she couldn’t last it out). She is a bit older now but hoping for the same result. I couldn’t get my hands on GA tickets quick enough so happy to watch it at home (on my own with no sound).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows in '99 at the 'G? That was glorious, but was 'only' 40pts down at 3/4 time. A microcosm of cosmic justice was surely served that day.

I am going never miss if it is a Victorian game if I can avoid it accept when we play the cats at night game at the cattery, which be next week. Been doing it 64 years, touch wood health is good I will still be going when win our next flag.

Lat week watching I was a bit on edge important game and gave us chance to win but was not confident. This week not so much because I think without Astro and Jones we have very little chance of winning just hope we are competitive.

Crows in '99 at the 'G? That was glorious, but was 'only' 40pts down at 3/4 time. A microcosm of cosmic justice was surely served that day.
The DFA game?

Think Curnow and McKay to kick 10 goals combined and we lose by 40+. Can’t see us winning this one with the outs.
Does Lobb play on McKay? Probably our only player with comparable build :think:

I am going never miss if it is a Victorian game if I can avoid it accept when we play the cats at night game at the cattery, which be next week. Been doing it 64 years, touch wood health is good I will still be going when win our next flag.

Lat week watching I was a bit on edge important game and gave us chance to win but was not confident. This week not so much because I think without Astro and Jones we have very little chance of winning just hope we are competitive.
Just a polite reminder OD
Accept and except mean 2 different things 😜

Living so far away also, I can’t leave early either! Although as frustrated as I might get I wouldn’t even if I could. Just isn’t in me to leave early even if we’re 100points down. I will if I go to a game where the Dogs aren’t playing though cause I’m not as invested 😂

Do you tend to sit in the same spot at each stadium? My friends and I have coined ourselves the Aisle 34 Appreciation Society (this is at Marvel)

Got reserved seats in aisle 36, most of our area have been there 20+ years. Been emptier than usual at times this year though.

Lots of footy fans on the Ballarat train. Plenty of Dogs, slightly more than Blues, the odd Bombers, and even a Demon. Our numbers will swell as we hit Bacchus, Melton, Caroline Springs and Footscray. At least fans are still prepared to travel, even with the potential for a drubbing.

I'm neither confident, nor too pessimistic. Hopefully Bevo has a plan to run them off their legs, but those key defensive posts concern me. A lot.

Anyway, go Dogs. Wwwwoooooffff! 🔴⚪🔵

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back