Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

It isn't a matter of not valuing him, but with several rebuilding years ahead he is likely not going to see team success with us. It’s a mutually beneficial move. You've failed at moulding DGB into being an AFL standard player so why would we have any interest.
Ahaaaah… you just said it, several rebuilding years ahead. You’ll be blooding other young players at the same time, so you can afford to give DGB the time to prove his worth. He’s only 22 and played 28 games. This year he missed more than half the season with the toe issue and then couldn’t break back into our senior team. Take Tom Barrass out and DGB would be in the top 7-8 defenders on your list. With our recent recruiting, right now, he’s about 11th-12th best on ours. He may well see team success with you guys, at least he’d be a better chance than Barrass, no?

Ahaaaah… you just said it, several rebuilding years ahead. You’ll be blooding other young players at the same time, so you can afford to give DGB the time to prove his worth. He’s only 22 and played 28 games. This year he missed more than half the season with the toe issue and then couldn’t break back into our senior team. Take Tom Barrass out and DGB would be in the top 7-8 defenders on your list. With our recent recruiting, right now, he’s about 11th-12th best on ours. He may well see team success with you guys, at least he’d be a better chance than Barrass, no?
top 7-8 key position defenders on the list maybe

DGB is a crab and has no worth. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Putting his name together with the Barrass trade is as silly as putting Brockman's name in on the attempt for last year's #1 pick. It doesn't move the needle.

DGB will be more than likely receive no contract off the Hawks and will be available to us for free, if we want him. Which I hope we don't. Nothing against the guy but he hasn't worked out. It happens.

We'll get this year's first and F2 with the Hawks backing themselves in to finish top 4 next year which means it will be a pick around the 40th selection after all of the freebies for F/S and academies.

That's pretty good value for a bloke with Tom's credentials. AA caliber for his position, B&F winner, Vice-Captain, Premiership player. Hawks will get 3 to 4 good years out of him and I wish him the best.

Anyone actually realise that Hawthorn would want to trade future picks moreso then current ones?

Eagles best move would be to do the below

Hawks F1st + F2nd + pick 30 for Barrass + future 3rd rounder + future 4th rounder

So Hawks can keep what they would hope is a higher first round draft pick this year (planning to be top 4 next year) and Eagles can achieve a bit of overs by having some patience and letting Hawks keep the first this year which benefits them
Hawks are expecting this year and next years first rounders to start at 18 so no real difference.

I can see this becoming a 3 way between Eagles/Richmond/Hawks if Baker selects eagles

Hawks
Out: #14 +F1
In:Barrass + #29

Tigers
Out : Baker + #29
In: F1 (hawks) + F3 (eagles)

Eagles
Out : Barrass + F3
In: #14+ Baker

This is actually not too bad. Yes I'm suprised given some of your other posts

Not sure how Tigers and Hawks fans feel but looks pretty good all round to me

This is actually not too bad. Yes I'm suprised given some of your other posts

Not sure how Tigers and Hawks fans feel but looks pretty good all round to me
Looks pretty bad, we aren’t parting with two firsts

Looks pretty bad, we aren’t parting with two firsts
Exactly.. Look at the value given to other players..

24 yr old Lukosius is being rated around pick 15 at best while Crows want him early 20's

Bolton around pick 10

Eagles want Baker for cheapies

But Barrass for big overs.

Hawks should start talks with 2 seconds if talks are still to be had.

If value is already decided btw both clubs, say pick 15, if we finish higher, then we add something to mix.

If we finish lower, then eagles add something.

Basically values 24yr Lukosius and 29yr old Barrass on same level which is astounding but Hawks may swallow it since we are NOT petty like few other clubs trying to WIN trade period.

24 yr old Lukosius is being rated around pick 15 at best while Crows want him early 20's

Bolton around pick 10

If value is already decided btw both clubs, say pick 15, if we finish higher, then we add something to mix.

Basically values 24yr Lukosius and 29yr old Barrass on same level which is astounding but Hawks may swallow it since we are NOT petty like few other clubs trying to WIN trade period.
Life will be so much easier with these trades if the Hawks just lose this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you can take that up with the Tigers supportes that suggested it I guess
Just replying to the comment saying how it looked for them and unsure from other fans perspective, i gave mine.

Barrass is a better player than Lukosius, and hes not being head-hunted like Barrass
Bolton around pick 10
Boltons value sounds like 9+17 or 9+10 depending who you ask
We dont have the ability to pay more, we arent pushing for finals with a nearly finished list

If thats what the clubs have decided then sure, I doubt thats the case

Barrass should fetch more than Lukosius. Luko doesnt have a position and you could count the amount of good games hes played in his career on 1 hand.

The comparison id make is Rioli. Supposedly pick 6 will be on the table for him.
Barrass is 18 months older, but a better player and plays in a position thats generally more expensive to trade in.
They should be roughly the same value.

Bolton around pick 10

Neither of those players hold a candle to an AA calibre key position player. For starters, the position is in hot demand all over the league, and one of the best ones just became available.

Ahaaaah… you just said it, several rebuilding years ahead. You’ll be blooding other young players at the same time, so you can afford to give DGB the time to prove his worth. He’s only 22 and played 28 games.
No one wants him give it a rest lol

Hawks fans need to get their heads around the concept, that adding DGB to the trade, actually devalues the offers rather than increasing its attractiveness.

Hawks fans need to get their heads around the concept, that adding DGB to the trade, actually devalues the offers rather than increasing its attractiveness.
This is just stupid, I am not one adding him to trades but it’s just dumb. No one here knows if West Coast have any interest or not. Either way he either doesn’t go or he would be very minimal steak knives.

Spot on, it's bizarre, a bit like getting Broky last year and some of them wanting a higher pic given because they'd added DGB to the scenario.
He's less than steak knives and the last thing we need is more list cloggers.

This is just stupid, I am not one adding him to trades but it’s just dumb. No one here knows if West Coast have any interest or not. Either way he either doesn’t go or he would be very minimal steak knives.

For a team like West Coast that need to free up list clogger spots on our list ( Good God we have enough already ) , to drop off one list clogger just to trade in another list clogger, now that would be a better example of stupid

I will flip the idea, offer us a better second pick to add to your first rounder For TB and we will throw Josh Rotham your way.

Just to make it clear I don't rate Rotham, BUT he is a better player than DGB, harsh but true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back