Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

The same way you have for the last 3 years, not very well.
The last 3 years would've been a lot more painful without TB (which is scary to think about).

If you guys aren't willing to pony up a fair trade for our Vice-Captain, I'm sure another Vic club will.

You guys will love Baker, but I aint arguing this anymore with anyone else. Your club clearly wants him and is open to losing Barrass, neither dependent on the other though.

We don’t need barrass deal to get baker over the line.

And barrass will find another. If he hates wce as much as hawks like to think he does, he will find another club out of desperation. Plenty of Victorian clubs would love a full back. You think other clubs are not enquiring and offering? How naive are you? It’s not hawks or wce. And as mcqualter just said, he would love barrass back. So maybe at worst he can sweet talk him back.

Such big change to team setup affected by a later pick or two.

Yeah 100%

Hawthorn showing some bravado but they are not giving up on a deal for a pick in the 30s in 12 months time

I wouldn't call it bravado. By all reports both teams working pretty amicably with each other.

It's just working out what comes with the F2.

Do we get an F3 back.
Do we get an F4.
Are the Eagles paying some of the salary.

At the end of the day it will get done. Hawthorn will try to extract the maximum value as will the Eagles. Both sides working to get the best possible outcome. TB gets to the Hawks. Eagles do right by a Premiership champion and the Hawks get their man.

When all is said and done it's going to be a pretty fair trade.

I wouldn't call it bravado. By all reports both teams working pretty amicably with each other.

Do we get an F3 back.
Do we get an F4.

At the end of the day it will get done. Hawthorn will try to extract the maximum value as will the Eagles. Both sides working to get the best possible outcome. TB gets to the Hawks. Eagles do right by a Premiership champion and the Hawks get their man.

We arnt paying any of his salary. We are weirdly trying to keep a ton of salary cap room free so been making tons of moves to save money still which is odd but happening

Do we get an F3 back.
Do we get an F4.

There won't be any picks from our side unless F2 becomes F1. We aren't likely to be paying any salary either unless we're getting more than fair value. It sounds like the Hawks are just being difficult at the moment.

We arnt paying any of his salary. We are weirdly trying to keep a ton of salary cap room free so been making tons of moves to save money still which is odd but happening

We all know why you're keeping a ton of salary cap room free. Everyone knows why.

1728609039640.png

I would be very surprised if he isn't on the biggest AFL contract by the end of next year.

Hope so. :)

But we gotta rout hawks of picks to keep their grubby hands off.

We know what you are thinking.

With pick purchasing and being able to trade out 1st round picks 2 years ahead coming soon there will be some monster trades coming in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all know why you're keeping a ton of salary cap room free. Everyone knows why.

View attachment 2137955

I would be very surprised if he isn't on the biggest AFL contract by the end of next year.
Has to be beyond that.

I can only think its for a play at Chad Warner. Its probably why we are happy enough with a future 2nd. This is a 100% different take then all other clubs who only want picks this year

Do we get an F3 back.
Do we get an F4.

Stop talking sense, this has no place on BF.

Do we get an F3 back.
Do we get an F4.

Don’t get anything back. He is in contract and you guys are desperate. Him or frost or overrated short ass defender whom. Or Sicily I guess (who is also short ass) but then he can’t be used where he can be most effective.

It’s a pickle. Sam knows barrass solves a lot of problems and creates a regular new offensive weapon.

Way I see it, this trade is holding up a lot of other deals.

So, in the most polite way. Would you fine Birds of Prey sort this out so Trade week can get going

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t get anything back. He is in contract and you guys are desperate. Him or frost or overrated short ass defender whom. Or Sicily I guess (who is also short ass) but then he can’t be used where he can be most effective.

It’s a pickle. Sam knows barrass solves a lot of problems and creates a regular new offensive weapon.

We will see. The Eagles need the picks as much as Hawks want Barrass. I'm sure neither side is going to scuttle a mutually beneficial deal over a pick in the 30s.

Either way I'm not fussed.

I like Barrass. He's a gun.

Stop talking sense, this has no place on BF.

Contrary to popular BF belief but fans chest puffing on the Draft and Trade board actually has zero influence on the outcome at the end of the day.

It is fun though.

We will see. The Eagles need the picks as much as Hawks want Barrass. I'm sure neither side is going to scuttle a mutually beneficial deal over a pick in the 30s.

You said the key word

Picks

Not pick . We dont need pick, we need picks. At the time its just a 1 for 1 asset we got no wiggle room or anything of real value. Just a wing and a prayer that pick 14 plays 100+ games that Barrass has left

Contrary to popular BF belief but fans chest puffing on the Draft and Trade board actually has zero influence on the outcome at the end of the day.

It is fun though.
Yep it’s just a giggle and when fans say things like “we won’t be doing that unless we get this” or “You need to pay up or we just keep him or shop him to another club” as though saying it on an internet forum makes one scrap of difference.
The deal will be done but not before a lot of false hold ups, just like the AFL want it.
The AFL want it to drag out till next week so they get those click baits all weekend.
It still staggers me how so many people don’t know how it’s all manufactured by the AFL.

We “need” picks? Like to have. Not need.

Hawks need barrass if they believe they can pinch a premiership. Which you clearly do otherwise why would you go for him.

Also, barrass will find another club!!!! It’s not only hawks who like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back