Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Im pretty sure I'll be fine champ. You still dont get how trading works. By the way the drafts previews are basically saying that while the top 4 picks are considered below the standard of most drafts picks in that range. While picks 9-25 are considered way higher standard than normal with picks 9-15 around the quality of a top 6 pick in most drafts with 15-25 around the quality of a top 10 pick in many drafts too. Meaning you are getting a top 6 pick and a top ten pick in quality if we offer 9 and 16 even allowing for bid matching dropping back picks. So the good news is no way known Richmond will be knocking back an offer of 9 and 16 for Bolton.
Rubbish nobody knows what the players become and gets touted to be a super draft every 2 years
you must be sheehan.

Go back to school son

Rubbish nobody knows what the players become and gets touted to be a super draft every 2 years
you must be sheehan.

Go back to school son
I'm a teacher so that should be easy enough. (going back to school) Actually Sheenan gets most things draft wise right so thanks. I haven't seen any draft touted as a super draft since 2019. A draft that had Picket, Flanders, Day, Bergman, Weightman, Georgiades, Warner and Rivers outside of the top 10 picks.

I'm a teacher so that should be easy enough. (going back to school) Actually Sheenan gets most things draft wise right so thanks. I haven't seen any draft touted as a super draft since 2019. A draft that had Picket, Flanders, Day, Bergman, Weightman, Georgiades, Warner and Rivers outside of the top 10 picks.
You dont know how trades work son
go back to school son

13, Serong and 30 for Barrass and 23?
Devin Booker Oooo GIF by NBA

Why would west coast be giving 23 in this situation?
I feel like something should go back otherwise it is overs - 13, 30 and Serong for Barrass is too much. Serong is a really nice development piece I'd take in a heartbeat. I looked at your pick in the fifties, could be an option but perhaps too low. If you had a pick in the 30's, it would absolutely be more even. I agree it's not perfect though.

WCE get a defender to develop. Serong may not mind going to WA with his brother there. I'd value at him at around pick 30 to 40 as he has a lot of potential and performed well at VFL level this year.
Youve got Serong at 23 in this trade, but then claim hes worth 30-40?

I do like the idea of getting Serong, if it was a case that the trade ended up being 13+Serong+F2 for Barrass id be content.

Hawks F2 being likely in the mid to late 30s depending how many academy kids and f/s(theres meant to be a lot), if we assume Serong is worth similar to the Hawks F2 its probably a touch unders for the Eagles as far as im concerned but I think Serong fills a list need as a 3rd tall who could play footy straight away

WCE get a defender to develop. Serong may not mind going to WA with his brother there. I'd value at him at around pick 30 to 40 as he has a lot of potential and performed well at VFL level this year.
Unders without the pick swap but a reasonable attempt. I do wonder if we would be interested in something like 13, F3 + Serong as it ticks a couple of boxes with a young defender and an extra pick in next year's draft with an NGA and FS coming through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a theory all the future picks discuss here and the Baker thread will end up at Gold Coast anyways. Probably the only club that will benefit from trading out of this year due to their list spots and academy next year.

I do like the idea of getting Serong, if it was a case that the trade ended up being 13+Serong+F2 for Barrass id be content.

Hawks F2 being likely in the mid to late 30s depending how many academy kids and f/s(theres meant to be a lot), if we assume Serong is worth similar to the Hawks F2 its probably a touch unders for the Eagles as far as im concerned but I think Serong fills a list need as a 3rd tall who could play footy straight away
Your idea is better. I should have read your post first.

Last edited:
Are people actually, genuinely suggesting serong is worth a second rounder and worth less than Barrass? Cause that’s might just be the most delusional thing I’ve read on BF.
Initially, I thought it was a joke, but it seems like they legitimately think it is feasible. Laughable really.

Are people actually, genuinely suggesting serong is worth a second rounder and worth less than Barrass? Cause that’s might just be the most delusional thing I’ve read on BF.
Initially, I thought it was a joke, but it seems like they legitimately think it is feasible. Laughable really.
Our Serong mate, Jai Serong, Caleb's brother.

Sounds like we wont roll over and take scraps

Sounds like a man thats not too confident to me
sure he says he wants fair compensation but whats fair is a matter of opinion

But im glad he is a person that wants to deal in fair compensations for a quality player

Hope the eagles get what they want

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back