Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Youre getting Barrass and Battle who have years left, and youve got Blanck and Scrimshaw already. Thats 4 talls who play in the backline. Sicily is still around too though he may get pushed to the forward line. None of them are about to retire. Serong is so far down the pecking order.

Serong is 21, youre looking at 4 years at least before Barrass and Sicily retire, probably 5 years. Will he want to hang around?
If Serong sees himself as an AFL level player he will ask for a trade, and you cant ask for a big bounty simply due to lack of AFL exposure. Hes undersized as a KPD so cant play on the usual big forwards effectively and hes not a proven AFL level performer.

Cant be worth a 1st rounder, early 2nd rounder is a big stretch, ive valued him at a late 2nd rounder which is probably a tad generous.

What do you think hes worth considering what I just described?

On the total Barrass value, f2s are worth less than current 2nd rounders naturally, and your f2 will likely be in the late 30s with how compromised next years draft is. Your f2 isnt worth a whole lot, having 13+ f2 is a long way back from the 13+f1 for Barrass + F2 that does sound like the most likely trade at this point
13 + f1 for Barrass and your 2nd THIS year

Well this has spiralled out of control. Barrass is worth 13 and a bit. That’s it. The a bit will already be agreed as right now we have little else to focus on, there has been significant time to iron it out and the eagles seemingly need this done early to unlock other moves.
Serong is a good defender I would rate him as around your 3rd round pick 39. 13 our f2 and Serong with your 2nd or f2 coming back values him around pick 11 which is 13 and a bit more. That’s fair although I suspect we give up a little bit more than that to get it done and because we are reasonable and so are the eagles.
This will move fast my guess is Tuesday. Instead of crawpping on about the value as there will be indecipherable pick swaps in there, should we start a comp to guess when it goes down?😂

Well this has spiralled out of control. Barrass is worth 13 and a bit. That’s it. The a bit will already be agreed as right now we have little else to focus on, there has been significant time to iron it out and the eagles seemingly need this done early to unlock other moves.
Serong is a good defender I would rate him as around your 3rd round pick 39. 13 our f2 and Serong with your 2nd or f2 coming back values him around pick 11 which is 13 and a bit more. That’s fair although I suspect we give up a little bit more than that to get it done and because we are reasonable and so are the eagles.
This will move fast my guess is Tuesday. Instead of crawpping on about the value as there will be indecipherable pick swaps in there, should we start a comp to guess when it goes down?😂
Our f2 for your f2 and Serong is a negative for us, its meant to be a bit more than 13 for Barrass.

Our f2 is likely early 20s, your f2 mid 30s, and as you said Serong close to 40.
Nobody is trading 23ish for 35+39, you might be able to trade up to 23 with a late 20s+a mid 30s pick if someone wants to trade back.

If Serong is included itll be 13+hawks F2+serong for Barrass or something similar id imagine. Back to the 13+a late 20s pick that was being thrown around early on

Youre getting Barrass and Battle who have years left, and youve got Blanck and Scrimshaw already. Thats 4 talls who play in the backline. Sicily is still around too though he may get pushed to the forward line. None of them are about to retire. Serong is so far down the pecking order.

Serong is 21, youre looking at 4 years at least before Barrass and Sicily retire, probably 5 years. Will he want to hang around?
If Serong sees himself as an AFL level player he will ask for a trade, and you cant ask for a big bounty simply due to lack of AFL exposure. Hes undersized as a KPD so cant play on the usual big forwards effectively and hes not a proven AFL level performer.

Cant be worth a 1st rounder, early 2nd rounder is a big stretch, ive valued him at a late 2nd rounder which is probably a tad generous.

What do you think hes worth considering what I just described?

On the total Barrass value, f2s are worth less than current 2nd rounders naturally, and your f2 will likely be in the late 30s with how compromised next years draft is. Your f2 isnt worth a whole lot, having 13+ f2 is a long way back from the 13+f1 for Barrass + F2 that does sound like the most likely trade at this point
I value him higher than Blanck so would want to keep him.

Barrass, Battle, Serong our talls

Scrimshaw, Sicily as our third tall types. Squads win premierships and i think Serong could be crucial to that if we were to get an injury late in the season to one of our starting talls.

He is 21, just starting to fill out and looks clearly above VFL level and done a solid job for a young tall in his limited AFL experience. I would hope that we would value him above just steak knives in a deal.

I value him higher than Blanck so would want to keep him.

Barrass, Battle, Serong our talls

Scrimshaw, Sicily as our third tall types. Squads win premierships and i think Serong could be crucial to that if we were to get an injury late in the season to one of our starting talls.

He is 21, just starting to fill out and looks clearly above VFL level and done a solid job for a young tall in his limited AFL experience. I would hope that we would value him above just steak knives in a deal.
Assuming Frost leaves, or even in 2 years time if Frost retires, id have thought youd be better off keeping Blanck as Battle, Serong, and Scrimshaw arent really suited to taking on the 200cm KPFs.
Battle, Serong and Scrimshaw are all those 3rd tall types, all 194cm or shorter.

You might manage to keep Frost but I understand hes had interest from other clubs, and hes not silly, he can see he wont be best 22 next year

Id be ok taking Blanck over Serong, but surely thatd be a blunder by your list management to allow that to happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back