Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it could now be Carlton F1 + Carlton F2 straight up for Barrass.

For Hawthorn it will be Pick 14 for Barrass equivalent.
That is a worse offer than 14 + F2. No thanks.

Vic media in tatters over West Coast not accepting to their two Vic club reaming by taking Hawthorn's pick and immediately giving it to Richmond for Baker.

Proud of my club for standing their ground. They made it known from the start they wanted two first rounders for a former club bnf winner two has two years left on his deal. This is incumbent on the Hawks to make it work, not West Coast.

What do you mean 'in tatters'?

Why on earth would they care? They care about clicks and attention and stirring up drama - they have no allegiance to random clubs benefitting from deals. In fact, the last 'Vic media' comment posted just a few posts before yours is a pro West Coast view that says the exact opposite of what you think they are saying.

Also, the deal very likely will get done and won't be two firsts. I doubt West Coast even asked that.

Full faith in sleepy MM he pulls out Newk from mid season draft, Weddle at 18, Dear pick 50’s etc has helped transform the Hawks list quickly without much to play with unlike many other clubs have had!

He’s a genius …… has something going on that no one knows about yet.

Vic media in tatters over West Coast not accepting to their two Vic club reaming by taking Hawthorn's pick and immediately giving it to Richmond for Baker.

Proud of my club for standing their ground. They made it known from the start they wanted two first rounders for a former club bnf winner two has two years left on his deal. This is incumbent on the Hawks to make it work, not West Coast.
Did they?

Hmmmmm.

If we can get pick 10 for Barrass I'd be happy with that

HAW
OUT: F1, F2 (alternating teams to hedge bets)
IN: Barrass, 67

WCE:
OUT: Barrass
IN: 10

FRE
OUT: 10, 67
IN: F1, F2

I can't see that happening but Freo could offload an F1 + 18 for Bolton and keep 11 for Bo Allan. Richmond fans won't be happy but that would be in the middle of the current offers.

F2 for Baker

Hawthorn gets their man while preserving their 2024 and 2025 draft hands (which has been well played)
Thats actually not a bad trade. Well done.

Our offer by all reports was 14 + Our F2 for Barrass and your F3. You said no. Now we give you a R1 and R2 pick straight up for Barrass and not ask for your F3.
You're missing the point here. 14 + F2 isn't a good enough offer as it is and the Hawks wanted something back. No way. Elite KPD, under contract, puts you in the premiership window. Offering us a lesser first pick puts us further away from where it should be. The offer should be better, not worse.

No it doesnt lmao.
your f2 is likely to be at 38ish, our f3 is likely to be at 44ish.
Youd get 38 in a trade with 44+47(roughly)

Your offer was 14+essentially a future pick 47ish

Just insulting

I just put it in the draft pick calculator which is always a little bit bogus but if we quantify the picks it's roughly Pick 12. I'm just taking our current ladder spots for 2025 (obviously this is subject to change but impossible to predict).

14+32 is 1745 points.
41 traded out with TB is 429 points.

Equivalent to pick 11.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our offer by all reports was 14 + Our F2 for Barrass and your F3. You said no. Now we give you a R1 and R2 pick straight up for Barrass and not ask for your F3.

Imagine coming back from trade period weaker than what you started with.

with no way of improving the team when you feel you can challenge for premiership in 2025. Now you can’t improve via barrass or via draft.

But you have a future carlton pick 35 ish -45ish to help you sleep at night.

Hahaha a cherry on top. Pay him 900-$1m for a cherry on top.

First time ever a full back has been described as a cherry on top.

Onya.

Brian Lake was the cherry on top.

He elevated us from a GF loss to a 3peat team.

Sam Mitchell has said many times he believes he has the core of a premiership side. He just needs to add some pieces.

TB is an upgrade on what we have, but what we have is already sufficient to competing in the pointy end. TB just accelerates our Premiership window opening a few years earlier rather than waiting another 50 games for more experience in a younger core.

I just put it in the draft pick calculator which is always a little bit bogus but if we quantify the picks it's roughly Pick 12. I'm just taking our current ladder spots for 2025 (obviously this is subject to change but impossible to predict).

14+32 is 1745 points.
41 traded out with TB is 429 points.

Equivalent to pick 11.
Next years draft has many more academy and f/s kids, itll push back further several spots.

38ish for 44ish is what the Hawks wanted in addition to 14.

Basically 14+47ish.
You wouldnt get pick 13 with those two

Brian Lake was the cherry on top.

He elevated us from a GF loss to a 3peat team.

Sam Mitchell has said many times he believes he has the core of a premiership side. He just needs to add some pieces.

TB is an upgrade on what we have, but what we have is already sufficient to competing in the pointy end. TB just accelerates our Premiership window opening a few years earlier rather than waiting another 50 games for more experience in a younger core.

Hardly a cherry on top hey. Maybe you don’t know what cherry on top means

Ralphy reckons blues havent spoken to Houston in a while, and now the Blues have 2 picks in the 1st round.

They a play for Barrass maybe?

They already have Weitering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back