Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly a cherry on top hey. Maybe you don’t know what cherry on top means

"something that makes something that is already good even better, or perfect"

We already have a good side, as we did in 2012. When we added Brian Lake it elevated us (an already good side) to an even better, Premiership winning side (multiple).

Maybe that idiom is interpreted differently out West.

If we can get pick 10 for Barrass I'd be happy with that

HAW
OUT: F1, F2 (alternating teams to hedge bets)
IN: Barrass, 67

WCE:
OUT: Barrass
IN: 10

FRE
OUT: 10, 67
IN: F1, F2

I can't see that happening but Freo could offload an F1 + 18 for Bolton and keep 11 for Bo Allan. Richmond fans won't be happy but that would be in the middle of the current offers.

F2 for Baker

Hawthorn gets their man while preserving their 2024 and 2025 draft hands (which has been well played)
Not enough for Freo. Hawks just got a Carlton F1 and F2 for 14...

You're missing the point here. 14 + F2 isn't a good enough offer as it is and the Hawks wanted something back. No way. Elite KPD, under contract, puts you in the premiership window. Offering us a lesser first pick puts us further away from where it should be. The offer should be better, not worse.
It was reported prior to the trading of picks that our offer was Pick 14 for Barrass. WCE wanted our F2 included with Pick 14 to proceed. So essentially wanted a R1 and R2 for Barrass. We then countered with Pick 14 + F2 for Barrass and F3. WCE said no to that. So now more than likely we are giving WCE what they are after with a R1 + R2 pick straight up for Barrass. Not sure how the offer is worse.

Full faith in sleepy MM he pulls out Newk from mid season draft, Weddle at 18, Dear pick 50’s etc has helped transform the Hawks list quickly without much to play with unlike many other clubs have had!

He’s a genius …… has something going on that no one knows about yet.

Exactly

I highly doubt the Hawks have all of a sudden just pulled out of the Barrass race.

More likely is they are trying to sort out something that satisfies the team they are trying to pry him out of

No partner for him

Thought they play a pretty similar role but it's possible.

It's wishful thinking to think that TB isn't going anywhere but Hawthorn at this stage. We'll get some new pieces to work with.

Not enough for Freo. Hawks just got a Carlton F1 and F2 for 14...
If you want extra value, go nuts, but your picks are expendable this year. The end result is still the same for you guys for the same cost. I don't really see why it would bother Freo to be honest.

If the Hawks are trying to find another way to satisfy the Eagles, trading out of this years draft probably isnt the way to get it done
Hawks will get it done
squeezing the eagles into a corner for a player that has 1 buyer and is done

Either eagles keep him or trade for unders

Pop Corn time coming up

"something that makes something that is already good even better, or perfect"

We already have a good side, as we did in 2012. When we added Brian Lake it elevated us (an already good side) to an even better, Premiership winning side (multiple).

Maybe that idiom is interpreted differently out West.

You do know it isn’t 2012.

So irrelevant. You have no hodge, Mitchell etc to call a full back a cherry on top.

Maybe time goes slower over east. Don’t know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought they play a pretty similar role but it's possible.

It's wishful thinking to think that TB isn't going anywhere but Hawthorn at this stage. We'll get some new pieces to work with.
TBs natural role is not to sit and lockdown like Weitering, hes elite at intercepting and reading the ball, he just doesnt get to freely do it at the Eagles because we have the best in the business alongside him

If you want extra value, go nuts, but your picks are expendable this year. The end result is still the same for you guys for the same cost. I don't really see why it would bother Freo to be honest.
I think the optics of essentially taking less for 10 than someone got for 14 is pretty gross, regardless of the net. We should be getting more in there but agree the overall makes sense.

You do know it isn’t 2012.

So irrelevant. You have no hodge, Mitchell etc to call a full back a cherry on top.

Maybe time goes slower over east. Don’t know.

You're right. It's 2024.

We have plenty of young talents that are primed to explode in the next 2 seasons. We have a defense that has been elite in the back half of the year, and a dynamic forward line that has piled on big scores.

I think I'm happy to call TB a cherry on top. He will make our good team even better.

If we don't get him (we will) I won't lose sleep. Scrimshaw, Sicily, Frost and Battle will keep us in good stead.

People are missing the point altogether

We are not losing out on Pick 14. We are missing out on Liam Baker.

This is a win to most Eagles fans. We call that being saved from ourselves
You sound like that bloke whos says yeah but i only copped 1 black eye and i could of had 2

The Hawks gave the eagles a fair offer for a 29 year old bloke with back problems

should have taken it

Now the eagles will probably have to split #3 for baker and junk

Nice try, but I don't remember Bell every targeting another team's in contract full back only to chuck a fit and pull out during trade week. Real ugly areas around this one now.
Hey?

No one has 'checked a fit' or 'pulled out during trade week'. Why do people analyse every trade period this way?

Teams are working to maximise their deals. There is haggling over minor elements. A fair agreement will be reached ,as it almost always is.

Are people new to trade week?

Hawks will get it done
squeezing the eagles into a corner for a player that has 1 buyer and is done

Either eagles keep him or trade for unders

Pop Corn time coming up
I agree that I still think it gets done, but squuezing another team into a corner is not out style. We would have respectfully spoken to Eagles (and potentially others about this trade). Mark McKenzie is not Adrien Dodoro. Just a matter of seeing whether there is an agreement on how to use those Carlton picks to satisfy all parties, or (and this is very very unlikely) an acknowledgement from Hawks and Eagles they couldn't come to terms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back