Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

There isn't much to look forward to next year for the Eagles.

Why don't you add some excitement by death riding Carlton in 2025.

They've had a couple of decent years so they're due a stint at the bottom for rebuild #100.
Would rather we deathride Carlton. WC can death ride us

Do you want Hawthorn's or Carlton's F1 ?

Who finishes higher next year?
Flip a coin. I can't imagine we'd be fussy when both picks should be around the same part of the table.

Why is that a good pick swap btw. Pick 14 is quite valuable this year

I feel like Carlton win that trade.
Potentially. Although assuming Carlton finish 8th again its pick 14 for pick 10 and 30. The main value woul appear to be in us unlocking the Barrass trade without giving up a F2, which we seemed unwilling to do. Perhaps Eagles will be satisfied if we can unlock Baker and provide a 2nd rounder? There will almost certainly be some more ontrading from this but I'm pretty certain the trade is based on us turning 14 into Barras without having to give up a F2.

Vic media in tatters over West Coast not accepting to their two Vic club reaming by taking Hawthorn's pick and immediately giving it to Richmond for Baker.

Proud of my club for standing their ground. They made it known from the start they wanted two first rounders for a former club bnf winner two has two years left on his deal. This is incumbent on the Hawks to make it work, not West Coast.

You're talking like Barrass is a 26 year old Matthew Scarlett. You're club is a joke if they truly think this.

Well then Hawks F1 should be quite attractive. Easily a top 10 pick.

F1 for Barass sounds quite a bit overs then.

If you had a bit of self awareness you would know that Barass still wants to get to hawks.

So I pulling that f1 offer. Pick 33 and Blues F2 would be perfect. Eagles just got to accept it. ok?

PS : Eagles/Tigers fans need to move on from Pick 14. Its gone. Can't get it, just like how you can't get pick 12 or 13 or 15.

Start getting used to new reality. Take a deep breath.
If you had some self awareness yourself, you'd realise I was pretty clearly taking the p*ss out of GUN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Carlton and Collingwood both fighting for Houston, and now with Carlton having 12+14 and the Pies potentially having 13, could the club that misses on Houston chase Barrass?

Both are potential premiership contenders and big clubs, so would be somewhat attractive, and both can afford to pay Barrass with the money they had reserved for Houston(or the Eagles pay some).

I know Barrass is mates with Darcy Cameron, they went to school together, played at Claremont together, and both those sides need another elite KPD.

Both these 2 sides seem to be better fits for Barrass than the Hawks imo

Barrass looks like a quality person and wish him the best but at the end of the day MM has to look after the HFC first. Getting Battle with Frost, Siss, Scrim, Serong, Blanck, Phillips and McCabe developing in the wings it would be stupid to overpay especially given it’s a deep draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back