Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone wants to be Dodo and win the trade week…

Barass is 29 and may play 3 more years of good quality?

3 x 24 = 72 h&a games.

He has averaged 17 games a year over the last 5 years, ie 51 games if he plays another 3 years.

Average pick between 11 and 20 plays 118 games.

Looking at it like this, 2 first rounders were never looked fair value….?

Fair value is out of the window when contracted and importance to the club.

The Eagles rejected a straight pick 14, and a pick 14 + second for a third.

The next offer will likely be a future first and second and with change (3/4ths) if needed. Which will be better for Hawthorn with how they worked the Carlton deal, whilst West Coast will still end up happy.
I dont think so

The Eagles rejected a straight pick 14, and a pick 14 + second for a third.

The next offer will likely be a future first and second and with change (3/4ths) if needed. Which will be better for Hawthorn with how they worked the Carlton deal, whilst West Coast will still end up happy.
End thread/

So I gather this now?
Hawthorn get Barras
Westcoast get 33 & haw future 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Throw in a deal that the WCE and the Hawks would have worked out with Richmond before they dropped the bombshell and that’s pretty spot on.

No, thats a lesser deal than what we already said no to
Let it go mate, don't cry over spilt milk. Eagles fans should take the weekend off and breath.

You can still win

Haw: Barrass, 26 ( give - 33, F1(Haw), F2(Carl))
WC: Baker, 20, 51, F3 (give Barass, 26)
GC: Rioli, F1(Haw), F2(Carl) ( give - 6,13)
Rich: 6, 13, 33 ( Give - Rioli, Baker, 20, 51, F3)

Last edited:
Nothing Hawthorn has done with its trade with Carlton prevents a trade getting done. Hawthorns moves have likely been to accommodate West Coast, the media stink is probably entirely in regard to how this impacts Richmond's 2024 draft hand.

I don't know about that. Time value of draft picks and all. Surely even 14 this year would be better than 10 next year and either Hawthorn or Carlton's future pick has a good chance of being worse than pick 14 next year. If I was the Eagles I would want the kids in and developing ASAP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair if he was uncontracted.

He's not.

In reality, the contract only dictates where he plays if the deal falls over. It doesn’t make him worth more or less.

You need the extra young talent. He wants out of your club.

I believe today’s pick swap will ensure the deal gets done and that we only pay with pick 14 essentially. You could have actually had that pick 14 in this draft already though, which you wanted, but you got greedy, so you’ll get what we got from Carlton instead.

In reality, the contract only dictates where he plays if the deal falls over. It doesn’t make him worth more or less.

You need the extra young talent. He wants out of your club.

I believe today’s pick swap will ensure the deal gets done and that we only pay with pick 14 essentially. You could have actually had that pick 14 in this draft already though, which you wanted, but you got greedy, so you’ll get what we got from Carlton instead.
Yeah, I doubt all of that. More like WCE told Hwwthorn to got and get a pick around 10 and they're working on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back