Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh? Won’t be playing twice the cellar dwellers in 2025 mate to pad the stats.

We have beaten the Lions the last 5 times. They just lost Joe too.

Beat Pies, Blues, Dogs. Nearly beat Port. Etc.

If Barrass is the difference between winning and losing you guys should just give him the extra $100k he was promised. Mend the bridge and ask the local boy to stay.

We would understand.

Yeh? Won’t be playing twice the cellar dwellers in 2025 mate to pad the stats.
Don't be upset that you didn't get to play against yourselves. That's what training is for, sorry but you don't get the stats recorded though.

Why would they waste their time working with Hawthorn when there's other clubs who make deals far easier?

Who do you think influences a player's decision as to where they request a trade to?

They choose said clubs because the LMs promise the managers they'll get the deal done.

This really isn't difficult to understand.

Eye of the beholder, the same could be said about the eagles! Pick your poison ☠️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its very clear that Hawks lost interest in Barrass once Battle joined and Connors and co are annoyed

Suspect Battle did a massive 180 when changing his mind so Hawks got stuck in a terrible spot. Its why they are intentionally trying to not do the trade

Im sure we want the trade. No doubt he makes us better. Its the cost which matters.

Every year then are plenty of bizarre demands thrown around but most trades end up happening when push comes to shove and reasonable offers are accepted.

The problem is looking at free agency compo and how the Suns trade and building irrational expectations from them.

Its very clear that Hawks lost interest in Barrass once Battle joined and Connors and co are annoyed

Suspect Battle did a massive 180 when changing his mind so Hawks got stuck in a terrible spot. Its why they are intentionally trying to not do the trade
I'm pretty confident we haven't lost interest at all and still want TB at the club, but having Battle does make it less critical to have Barrass.

And I know they are different players, but Battle does provide KPD cover (even if he could never hope to combat the menace that is Riley Tilthorpe).

Im sure we want the trade. No doubt he makes us better. Its the cost which matters.

Every year then are plenty of bizarre demands thrown around but most trades end up happening when push comes to shove and reasonable offers are accepted.

The problem is looking at free agency compo and how the Suns trade and building irrational expectations from them.
Tigers too.

I mean dont forget the Vic press are saying that Liam Baker has a higher worth then Tom Barrass and we should be doing a straight swap for the two.

I think we still want him but just don't really need him that much now with Battle signed on so just going for a hail Mary way unders offer and if eagles don't accept it no biggie
I mean, it's a bit of a biggie for Barrass... anyone who thinks offering a contract to a player then lowballing the club to scupper it wouldn't find themselves in a world of pain in future trades is kidding themselves. But then, I think the trade is till getting done.

I don't think it's the Hawks, Connors is miffed with.

Agreed trade capital between the two clubs keeps getting adjusted from the WCE side of things.

Why would Connora give a shit about pick swaps?

This is baffling.

He wants his players to get maximum $ so he gets a bigger cut. That is the start and end of player manager relationship to football. They are leeches who do the work of the lazy, for a premium.

Eagles fans do have my sympathy, seems like your LM promised 14 for Baker & blues have got wind of it.

Else can't imagine the gall of blues to even propose this. You had a overs deal from hawks for same 14+F2 for TB+F3 and now you may lose Pick 3 as you guys beg Blue to add something to the mix to make it all palatable.

Let me give you another megatrade.

Saints:
In: Pick 3, Hawks F1st
Out: Pick 7, Pick 8

Eagles:
In: Pick 8, 14, Hawks F2, Baker
Out: Pick 3, 26, Barass

Tigers:
In: 12, 26
Out: Baker, 20

Hawks:
In: Barrass
Out: Hawks F1st, Hawks F2nd

Blues:
In: Pick 7, Pick 20
Out: Pick 12, Pick 14

I don't think it's the Hawks, Connors is miffed with.

Agreed trade capital between the two clubs keeps getting adjusted from the WCE side of things.
You mean the 13 + 30 that became 14 + 33 that became 14 + F2 that currently sits at F1 + F2 which is apparently still too much? Yes, we're the ones shifting the goalposts.

Two firsts. It's really simple now. F1 + F1 for Barrass + F2 and it gets done very quickly.

Eagles fans do have my sympathy, seems like your LM promised 14 for Baker & blues have got wind of it.

Else can't imagine the gall of blues to even propose this. You had a overs deal from hawks for same 14+F2 for TB+F3 and now you may lose Pick 3 as you guys beg Blue to add something to the mix to make it all palatable.

This Carlton trade was rejected over the weekend lol, idk why Cal is posting it again

Saints:

Eagles:

Tigers:

Hawks:

Blues:
Im just gonna run with Barrass being worth f1+f2 because it doesnt really matter.
That pick 20 to the blues is a bit odd.

Pick 3 should fetch 8+14 at the least surely(as 12+14 is a joke), means Eagles get hawks f2+Baker for 26+Barrass.
Makes it Hawks f2+Baker for 26+Barrass.
If we run with the idea Barrass is worth roughly Baker+f2, then we are giving up 26 for no reason.
Give that pick 20 from the Blues to the Eagles.

Give a f3 from the Eagles back to the Blues if you really want, but im not sure thats required.

Saints:

Eagles:

Tigers:

Hawks:

Blues:

Still a little short for us. Barrass valued at 14 here. Take 26 and give the Hawks' F2 to Richmond, take 20 out for Richmond and give 24 to Carlton instead and that should work all round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back