Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles fans do have my sympathy, seems like your LM promised 14 for Baker & blues have got wind of it.

Else can't imagine the gall of blues to even propose this. You had a overs deal from hawks for same 14+F2 for TB+F3 and now you may lose Pick 3 as you guys beg Blue to add something to the mix to make it all palatable.

Let me give you another megatrade.

Saints:
In: Pick 3, Hawks F1st
Out: Pick 7, Pick 8

Eagles:
In: Pick 8, 14, Hawks F2, Baker
Out: Pick 3, 26, Barass

Tigers:
In: 12, 26
Out: Baker, 20

Hawks:
In: Barrass
Out: Hawks F1st, Hawks F2nd

Blues:
In: Pick 7, Pick 20
Out: Pick 12, Pick 14

"Carlton coming hard for pick 3"" and they end up with pick 7 :D

Carlton can absolutely pound themselves silly to try and get pick 3 but they are so far away from having the required assets its insane. Im not even sure why they are pretending to have a chance? Same as when they offered 1 pick for Houston.

You mean the 13 + 30 that became 14 + 33 that became 14 + F2 that currently sits at F1 + F2 which is apparently still too much? Yes, we're the ones shifting the goalposts.

Are you suggesting the above offers have been from the Hawk's side of things?

I would hope we were asking for two firsts
If that was EVER the case and the Eagles are holding firm, why has nobody come out and said the the Hawks are being unreasonable by not meeting said demands?

If the price is and always has been two firsts, why is it generally understood that there was an agreement in place?

Anyway, I've heard otherwise so I'll leave it at that.

Pick 3 should fetch 8+14 at the least surely(as 12+14 is a joke), means Eagles get hawks f2+Baker for 26+Barrass.
Makes it Hawks f2+Baker for 26+Barrass.
If we run with the idea Barrass is worth roughly Baker+f2, then we are giving up 26 for no reason.
Give that pick 20 from the Blues to the Eagles.

Give a f3 from the Eagles back to the Blues if you really want, but im not sure thats required.

Ok have reworked the trade based on inputs

Saints:

Eagles:
Out: Pick 3, Barass, F3

Tigers:
In: 12, Blues F3
Out: Baker, 24

Hawks:

Blues:
In: Pick 7, Pick 24, Eagles F3
Out: Pick 12, Pick 14, F3

PS : Tempted to give the Blues F3 to Hawks instead of Tigers for doing all the work. It should go to whichever List manger did the running around herding Cats.

If that was EVER the case and the Eagles are holding firm, why has nobody come out and said the the Hawks are being unreasonable by not meeting said demands?

If the price is and always has been two firsts, why is it generally understood that there was an agreement in place?

Anyway, I've heard otherwise so I'll leave it at that.
I don't know what our objectives are and there are multiple avenues to a deal. All I'm saying is we're not the ones shifting the goalposts.

Saints:

Eagles:
Out: Pick 3, Barass, F3

Tigers:

Hawks:

Blues:
In: Pick 7, Pick 24, Eagles F3
Out: Pick 12, Pick 14, F3

PS : Tempted to give the Blues F3 to Hawks instead of Tigers for doing all the work. It should go to whichever List manger did the running around herding Cats.
Looks about right to me, close enough :thumbsupemoji:
Probably still a little generous to the blues imo, but anything else id just be nitpicking 3rd rounders, those would depend on whoever wants the trade more/less.
I still think Barrass is worth a bit more than that haha but it is what it is

Tigers too.

I mean dont forget the Vic press are saying that Liam Baker has a higher worth then Tom Barrass and we should be doing a straight swap for the two.
Thats your list manager that is fueling the vic press when he declares the value of the player he is trying to bring to the club
Clearly Baker is #1 priority for the eagles and they are running around trying to split #3 to get the trade done
Agree the bigfooty supporters dont want Baker but its a totally different to the eagles list management selling the farm

Cant believe Barrass has been put on the back burner now and Hawks losing interest to a degree due to the asking price
Pick #14 was smack on the value and the eagles probably regret not taking it now as future picks dont have the same value

If Barrass was traded for #14 the eagles probably could have done something with Sydney for #19 + #22
keeping 1 and trading the other for baker

Tigers:
As a Richmond supporter thats a NO
Pick #24 is the 1st pick on day 2 where teams will be coming for that pick with F1's in such a deep draft that is even betwen picks 10 -20/25 there will be gem's that slide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, for sure worth more than Lever who was 6 years younger and better...
Because your LM had an aneurysm, WCE are well within their rights to ask for the 2 firsts, which may very well both be picks in the 20s next year.

If they were the same 20s pick, but we're 2nd rounders instead, would you still be unhappy?

Looks like his impatience to wrap up TW on Friday and get to the pub has led to serious issues, as evidenced by them suddenly wanting to make a play for pick 13.

Nice jokes mate.
Sicily, maybe Day and Duke, thats it.
All Australian half forward Dylan Moore is better, as is one of the better wingmen in the competition in Massimo.

Players like Weddle, Mackenzie, Ward, Watson are getting better and will likely be better by years end, where Scrimshaw may even be better too in a similar position. Someone like Lewis when fit is also better.

"Carlton coming hard for pick 3"" and they end up with pick 7 :D

Carlton can absolutely pound themselves silly to try and get pick 3 but they are so far away from having the required assets its insane. Im not even sure why they are pretending to have a chance? Same as when they offered 1 pick for Houston.
Popped in to ask this exact question and I think you’ve answered it for me

Surely pick 3 is worth more than what Carlton is offering ?

What’s the general consensus from WC supporters about splitting pick 3 ?

Because your LM had an aneurysm, WCE are well within their rights to ask for the 2 firsts, which may very well both be picks in the 20s next year.

If they were the same 20s pick, but we're 2nd rounders instead, would you still be unhappy?

Looks like his impatience to wrap up TW on Friday and get to the pub has led to serious issues, as evidenced by them suddenly wanting to make a play for pick 13.
I love how F1sts are being valued at their worst possible position. They may well be picks in the 20s, but could also be pick 7 and 8 with a couple injuries or a drop off of form. Given the uncertainty, you have to value them where those teams F1sts are currently (12 and 14).

Would I give 12 and 14 for a 25 year old Barrass - pre back problems, yes.

12 and 14 for a 29 year old Barrass - it's not even in the ballpark

All Australian half forward Dylan Moore is better, as is one of the better wingmen in the competition in Massimo.

Players like Weddle, Mackenzie, Ward, Watson are getting better and will likely be better by years end, where Scrimshaw may even be better too in a similar position. Someone like Lewis when fit is also better.
Forgot about Moore, hes pretty good.
The rest no, theyre not better and probably wont be for at least a few more years, if at all. Barrass is a genuine A-grader, hes not some average dime-a-dozen KPD :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back