Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Expected value of you and Carltons f1s is in ther pick 13-14 area, for both.
Its a weaker draft than this year,
Wrong, can't be certain. Say that every year.

and there are more academy and f/s kids next year.
Wrong - we don't know this yet. No idea how goid they'll be

Using the expected values, we can safely assume theyll end up around 18/19.
Wrong - see above points
Package up those 2 picks youll only get up to 12 or 13,
Wrong
obviously depending on the draft, but on an average year it'd be in that ballpark.

Wrong
Then you have to account for the years delay, thats a negative, lets drop it back 1 pick because of the wait(should move it back more, but ill do you guys a favour) to 13/14 value.
This is your one valid point CONGRATULATIONS!
So that values Barrass at 13/14 if you trade your 2 f1s for Barrass with no return.

Wrong
Thats pretty reasonable, thats around what you guys wanted to offer anyway right?
Oh so wrong
Therefore Barrass for your 2x f1s with no return is fair. :thumbsupemoji:
Wrong wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong
Hope you can follow

They’re clearly not all the same.

Just like players in contract aren’t all the same.

Some are wanted, and want to stay. Some want to leave and their current club needs to rebuild.

Some clubs think they can win premiership next year and need to give best possible opportunity and some clubs don’t. So he is more valuable to some clubs more than another.

Insane that Richmond will be getting 6 and 23 for a contracted 28 year old half back while we are scrambling for what will be a late first and 2nd rounder in a compromised draft for a very good contracted 29 year old KPD.

Boggles the mind that the hawks have done this. Courting a bloke months back and pulling this shit. Absolutely disgusting. Hawks can go and suck a fat one.

You're the second Hawks knob in a day to accuse me of lying, when all I've simply done is post what people in the media have been saying.

WTF is wrong with you lot?
If you state that you know the Hawks offered pick 14, they you being to post a comment from Schofield which you know to be false? Like I said stop spreading lies?

Supposedly it wasn't offered at all.

This is according to Will Schofield, who's close to Barrass.

He's also not a noted newsbreaker, so who knows if it's true or not, but he talked about it on his podcast this morning.

If you state that you know the Hawks offered pick 14, they you being to post a comment from Schofield which you know to be false? Like I said stop spreading lies?

Read the first post, or are you really this stupid?

Insane that Richmond will be getting 6 and 23 for a contracted 28 year old half back while we are scrambling for what will be a late first and 2nd rounder in a compromised draft for a very good contracted 29 year old KPD.

Boggles the mind that the hawks have done this. Courting a bloke months back and pulling this shit. Absolutely disgusting. Hawks can go and suck a fat one.

I actually like that they have been a bit ballsy in offering what they think is fair then pulling it when it wasn't taken up. There are just so many standoffs during trade week it's such a stupid thing. But it's pretty shit to Barass so I can agree that it should have been handled better.

Just because you lot like to overpay doesn't mean everyone has too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot about Moore, hes pretty good.
The rest no, theyre not better and probably wont be for at least a few more years, if at all. Barrass is a genuine A-grader, hes not some average dime-a-dozen KPD :tearsofjoy:
Barrass is a gun, no doubt. But Lewis is in the same boat and younger, Barrass is also worse than he once was, maybe he gets back to it who knows, but a maybe.

The young guys came in leaps and bounds this year and a bunch ready to break out, absolutely laughable to suggest it’ll take years, relative to their position Barrass value increases, but generally speaking no. Scrimshaw had a brilliant year and one Barrass himself is probably at, whereas Scrimshaw would have areas to grow, Barrass doesn’t anymore.

Last edited:
I love how F1sts are being valued at their worst possible position. They may well be picks in the 20s, but could also be pick 7 and 8 with a couple injuries or a drop off of form. Given the uncertainty, you have to value them where those teams F1sts are currently (12 and 14).

Would I give 12 and 14 for a 25 year old Barrass - pre back problems, yes.

12 and 14 for a 29 year old Barrass - it's not even in the ballpark
Hawthorn should finish top 6 next season, and that is being conservative, which would place your F1 at pick 13. With the new points system for next year, that values your F1 at pick 16. Carlton's pick should be about the same.

Would we pay 2 x pick 16 for a 29 year old KPD? Not right now. But we might if we needed an elite KPD to complete our team and open our premiership window.

Your club courted a bloke on a 3 year contract for months and are offering a turd burger to us for his services.

Don’t pretend Barrass was a happy eagle! He tired to move to Sydney the previous year, was talking to the bulldogs this year and then the Hawks.

This is not the action of an eagle not looking at his options and other clubs.

Barrass was seeking a new home.

Hawthorn should finish top 6 next season, and that is being conservative, which would place your F1 at pick 13. With the new points system for next year, that values your F1 at pick 16. Carlton's pick should be about the same.

Would we pay 2 x pick 16 for a 29 year old KPD? Not right now. But we might if we needed an elite KPD to complete our team and open our premiership window.
How does the point system change the pick? Not being facetious. I thought all it did was reduce the value of 2nd and 3rd round picks as FS/Academy compo.

Have I missed something?

Don’t pretend Barrass was a happy eagle! He tired to move to Sydney the previous year, was talking to the bulldogs this year and then the Hawks.

This is not the action of an eagle not looking at his options and other clubs.

Barrass was seeking a new home.
Well, luckily for him he has a contract, which means even if he doesn't find a new club, he still gets paid a couple million over the next 3 years to play football.

Are this Hawks bunch the biggest bunch of nuffies ever?

Offered unders for a bloke after courting him for 6 months, acted shocked when it was rejected (they should've already known his value after courting him for that long), then trade away the centre piece that Eagles wanted for another trade, and then act shocked again when Eagles ask for 2 firsts.

Absolute amateur hour from the Hawks, serious small time club shit.

Well, luckily for him he has a contract, which means even if he doesn't find a new club, he still gets paid a couple million over the next 3 years to play football.

So not the point, so many eagles fans here pretending Barras was a happy eagle and the hawks corrupted him.

Talk about twisting the truth!

I’d be happy for the Hawks to provided a 1st and 2nd round pick for Barrass.

Where we are at in our rebuild, we can afford to risk two first Round picks. Especially with TAS coming to the draft soon.

Your club courted a bloke on a 3 year contract for months and are offering a turd burger to us for his services.

Eagles should walk away if they are not happy and go on trade radio and tell this story. When the deal gets done for a future 1st and 2nd all the eagles fans here will pivot and say he’s 29 and his back is cooked.

Hawks would be crazy to offer 2 firsts but you only need to look at hawks list to realise they know what they are doing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Both picks will be close to 20 by the tome they are matched, it's a fair price for a top 10 key defender in the comp.

Are this Hawks bunch the biggest bunch of nuffies ever?

Offered unders for a bloke after courting him for 6 months, acted shocked when it was rejected (they should've already known his value after courting him for that long), then trade away the centre piece that Eagles wanted for another trade, and then act shocked again when Eagles ask for 2 firsts.

Absolute amateur hour from the Hawks, serious small time club shit.

Courting 🤣🤣🤣

FFS your player was looking around for a new club, get a grip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back