Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

If the rumors are true, I can finally understand why Weagles fans are so worked up over Barrass considering they’re idiotically considering trading 3 for 12, 14 and … Owies 🤣

Imagine having a strong draft hand, an old player wanting to leave while he still has some value, then completely ****ing it up and ending up getting a good but not great player and an average but not good player and losing pick 3 for pick 12.

WCE are going backwards, despite finishing 16th.

That is insane.

While their supporters cheer on playing hardball over the old player who wont be on any list when they next win a final.

Grundy was playing VFL mate

Yes, true. But that was because he was stuck behind (arguably) the greatest ruckman of the modern era. Grundy was still a 29 year old contracted player courted by another club with quality seasons behind him. He still played a position of significant need for a flag hopeful. He'd still been pursued by another club under contract (and was having part of his salary paid for). He was still in the top 5-10 players in the league for his position, much like Barass.

I agree it's not a perfect comparison but there are definately simlarities.

Regardless, it's one of 10 examples I have used.

West Coast supporters are yet to provide a single example that demonstrates that the Hawthorn offer was a 'turd burger' of an offer or anything similar EVER where a 29 year old has been traded for what West Coast supporters are saying he is worth. It's miles and miles above market value based on every trade ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should offer a future 3rd for Barrass at this point.

The Eagles might be crazy enough to take it.

We can trick them into thinking it's pick 3.

Real 4D chess from the Eagles here.

Refuse pick 14 for a 29 Y/O Barrass (with the Hawks having a history of providing fair value for acquisitions).

Trades out pick 3 for
<checks notes>
Owies
Pick 12 and Pick14
and then trades Pick 14 to get Liam Baker

Even if the Hawks are ultimately generous and give a F1 and F2 for Barrass, that doesn't come close to WCE just keeping the pick 3 and taking pick 14 for Barrass.

1728944638811.jpeg

Edit: I probably should have factored WCE getting pick 1 for the next 3 drafts based on their recruiting strategy

Last edited:
Could have had pick 3, 14 and a F2

Now you have 12, probably a f1 (14+) and and 2nd in the mid to late 30s

What an absolute cluster****

Did West Coast hire Adam Cooney over the weekend?

Both picks will be close to 20 by the tome they are matched, it's a fair price for a top 10 key defender in the comp.
Lol a top 10 key defender. There's only 10 in the comp. Imbeciles these eagle supporters, can't wait til this crap is over.
After the absolute reaming they are getting for this in the media the Eagles will double down on Barrass and come out even worse off...
Yep, will try to save face from this train wreck. Ego and trade periods don't mix however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back