Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Even just doing a straight swap Barrass for Baker and having pick #3 would have been better than this
But i really cant understand why the eagles wouldnt just do Baker + #10 for pick #3 with Richmond without Carlton being involved. Owies would have been a delisted free agent anyway

Maybe Tigers not interested in #3 is the only thing that i can think of

Yeah this would have been far more palatable.

F1 and F2 is probably no unders, no.

But the club will push for 2 F1s and has the leverage now after bending ourselves over for Carlton.

I’d also love to know how entering the offseason after your awful season with 12, Owies and Baker and potentially a 30 yo Barrass and no future picks to speak of is the leverage you think it is?

I’d also love to know how entering the offseason after your awful season with 12, Owies and Baker and potentially a 30 yo Barrass and no future picks to speak of is the leverage you think it is?
We were always happy to keep Barrass if you folks couldn't pay up.

We also still have our F1 which will be probably pick 2.

We also still have our F1 which will be probably pick 2.

I get this is the party line. But you are rock bottom right now, with 2 drafts (including this one), before Tassie compromises it all.

There’s no world you’re happy to keep a 29 year old with back issues at the expense of fast tracking your rebuild.

But hey, keep him. When he misses 6 games with more back issues next year, it won’t be fun trying to offload him end of next for a second.

Yeah right, that’s why you had him give a thank you speech at your best and fairest. 😂

I get this is the party line. But you are rock bottom right now, with 2 drafts (including this one), before Tassie compromises it all.

There’s no world you’re happy to keep a 29 year old with back issues at the expense of fast tracking your rebuild.

But hey, keep him. When he misses 6 games with more back issues next year, it won’t be fun trying to offload him end of next for a second.
I think you folks will just pay a reasonable amount, it would be a bad look to make promises and then back out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's a bad look to keep squeezing the lemon to help smooth over a previous trade that most are calling diabolical.
If anyone was squeezing the lemon it was you folks tbf.

Our demands were always consistent, the onus is on Hawks to make the trade, for the record I think you guys will get it done.

He's an excellent player, elite KPPs rarely come up and he'll be massive for you, hence why you've gone so hard on him.

If anyone was squeezing the lemon it was you folks tbf.

Our demands were always consistent, the onus is on Hawks to make the trade, for the record I think you guys will get it done.

He's an excellent player, elite KPPs rarely come up and he'll be massive for you, hence why you've gone so hard on him.
Thanks for the background. Pretty sure a first and 2nd rounder has been the happy medium...so why the sudden want for two firsts? No 30yo defender commands two firsts. We picked up Brian Lake & Pick 27 for pick 21 and 40 something.

Surely this gets done

Battle is an awkward inclusion without Barass, I really think this is just being done outside of the medias purview

Media have missed that badly this trade period it isn’t funny
How is Battle an awkward inclusion?

Fits perfectly into Mitchell's plans of versatile players who play well in team defence with good kicking skills and endurance.

Surely this gets done

Battle is an awkward inclusion without Barass, I really think this is just being done outside of the medias purview

Media have missed that badly this trade period it isn’t funny

Battle is to help Sicily. Barrass is to help Frost. 2 different players for 2 different goals.

If we had to pick one, Battle was the must. Freeing up Sicily makes him as dangerous as any player in the comp.

Frost was brilliant this year but whether he can do it alone again next year is the unknown. With Barrass our backline is probably the best in the comp. But without Barrass we are still top 3 or 4.

Thanks for the background. Pretty sure a first and 2nd rounder has been the happy medium...so why the sudden want for two firsts? No 30yo defender commands two firsts. We picked up Brian Lake & Pick 27 for pick 21 and 40 something.

We were asking for 2 firsts from the start, I assume 14 and F2 would've got it done, but you moved 14 on. Now we are in a weaker draft, I'd expect the 2 F1s is the ask.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back