Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, really.

When you make the AA squad that sort of shows you are of that quality. Pretty easy to comprehend I would've thought.

Be a bit different if he was 32+ but the bloke is still in his prime years and has a lot of good footy left in him.
He has been in the AFL like 10 years and never been AA, fair to question whether he actually is ‘AA quality’

Can replace Serong with Reeves or Butler.
Doubt anyone would want Butler due to what he is coming back from. Serong wouldn't be a bad option to add for the Eagles given he has family over there. Would probably walk into the Eagles team as the 2nd or 3rd tall back

I would've thought that if you make the squad, that's your quality.
AA quad quality sure, but hasn’t been good enough over a long career to make the team. Fair enough to argue he isn’t quite AA quality by that logic

I would've thought that if you make the squad, that's your quality.
He hasn't made AA team thus he isn't AA quality but a very good player. Be interesting to see what we give up for him. Hawthorn are normally very crafty with trading so that's what I'm expecting.

He hasn't made AA team thus he isn't AA quality but a very good player. Be interesting to see what we give up for him. Hawthorn are normally very crafty with trading so that's what I'm expecting.
Dude he's 100% AA quality, couldnt care what the AA panels select.

Hawthorn are NOT very crafty with trading. But we are good at getting our man, even if we pay overs as was the case with Wingard and O’Meara. Of course you only know this with the benefit of hindsight. Both Hawthorn and West Coast are seen in the industry as clubs that you can negotiate with for a fair and equitable outcome, unlike Esssendon who have a tarnished reputation and will find trade negotiations tricky of their own making. I’m expecting this one to drop early in trade week.

When it comes to making the team it’s pretty relevant
The AA selection panel is putrid. Everyone complains about it every year, except when trades are to happen between clubs, then they 'suddenly' become this amazing metric if how good a player is.

Give me a spell...

The AA selection panel is putrid. Everyone complains about it every year, except when trades are to happen between clubs, then they 'suddenly' become this amazing metric if how good a player is.

Give me a spell...
AA selections can be pretty bad. Mainly because they favour certain roles.

It’s easier getting in the team being an inside mid, KPF, KPD, or rebounding defender. Not so easy being a small forward, winger or a lockdown back pocket.

At the end of the day, hawthorn has approached a contracted player with an offer. It's up to them to get it done. How the Eagles respond is unknown. Do they do a Geelong? Let's see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Belief is Eagle's only want picks in this year's draft and not future picks. Stems back from what stallion was saying in that the cut of our list this year will be deep so a need to replenish this year and not wait

I could see Hawks trying to get like pick 17 out of Richmond (get it from Freo):to give to us later on

Belief is Eagle's only want picks in this year's draft and not future picks. Stems back from what stallion was saying in that the cut of our list this year will be deep so a need to replenish this year and not wait

I could see Hawks trying to get like pick 17 out of Richmond (get it from Freo):to give to us later on
Wait I'm confused why would you guys take 17 over 12?

We would take both ie. 2 top 20 picks
Ahhh okay, seems like alot from a Hawthorn perspective, wouldn't think we would stump up that amount but I'm sure you're right and WC will ask.

Ahhh okay, seems like alot from a Hawthorn perspective, wouldn't think we would stump up that amount but I'm sure you're right and WC will ask.
The idea this wont be a insanely complex/creative trade is way off. People discussing this like it will be a 1 club to 1 club are way off. Richmond/Gold Coast or the like will 100% be involved as well for example

The idea this wont be a insanely complex/creative trade is way off. People discussing this like it will be a 1 club to 1 club are way off. Richmond/Gold Coast or the like will 100% be involved as well for example
I'm makes sense for Richmond to be involved

I'm makes sense for Richmond to be involved
A bit of this is Hawthorn also need to make a positive outcome for themselves via pick swaps. If us and Hawks can swap 2nd rounders for 2025 then with our future 2nd rounder you have the most prized asset as far as future picks go. Richmond/Gold Coast and the like will be all over it. Eagles also desperately need a pick between 40-50 which we would orgganise in this deal too

AA quad quality sure, but hasn’t been good enough over a long career to make the team. Fair enough to argue he isn’t quite AA quality by that logic
When his teammate is McGovern you’d find it hard to get in. Very unlikely they’re going to pick 2 key backs from the same team unless we were top 2 every year. If he played for another club he’d have multiple blazers

You reckon they get into a room and be like

"Well I know you said he is worth 2 1st rounders but we think its a tad ambitious. Kane Cornes didnt even vote for him in the All Australian team. Im afraid it has to be a 1st ronder and a 2nd rounder only"

How would that trade work? What's in it for Richmond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back