Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

You reckon they get into a room and be like

"Well I know you said he is worth 2 1st rounders but we think its a tad ambitious. Kane Cornes didnt even vote for him in the All Australian team. Im afraid it has to be a 1st ronder and a 2nd rounder only"
I didn’t say that, I was simply commenting on the original point about him being AA quality. I’m not suggesting it makes or breaks his value.

What are the reasons Barrass wants out?

Chris RobinsonThe West Australian
Fri, 30 August 2024
Jeremy McGovern admits he’s been left “shattered” by defensive partner Tom Barrass’ trade request, but says he completely understands the reasons for his good mate wanting out of West Coast.
Barrass this week confirmed speculation that he is keen to trigger a trade to Hawthorn, despite having three years left to run on his contract at the club where he won a premiership in 2018.
Speaking for the first time since the news became public, McGovern said his fellow key backman would be difficult to replace but backed the decision from the 28-year-old’s point of view as West Coast continue their significant rebuild.
“On a mate level, for sure – I’m shattered he’s going,” McGovern said on SEN.
“I love playing with him. He’s one of my best mates, so obviously on that level I’m flat to see him go.
“He’s going to be sorely missed at the footy club, that’s for sure, and hard to replace.
“But he’s got his reasons (why) he wants to go, and I respect them and understand them with the industry that we’re in.
“I feel like he’s doing the right thing for himself and his family and the direction he wants to go.
“Selfishly, I’d love him to stay, and I’ll miss him for sure. But I understand it and support everything he’s doing, as much as I’d love to have him out there with me all the time.”
Barrass enjoyed another strong campaign in 2024 before missing the final four games of West Coast’s season in the immediate aftermath of meeting with Hawks coach Sam Mitchell.
McGovern confirmed he had been in conversations with Barrass throughout the year about his future.
“We chat about it a fair bit – not just with Tommy but everyone and the club and the direction we’re going,” McGovern said.
“Obviously those conversations happen over the year, not just this year, but most years.
“I’ve got a great understanding of the decision and the reason he’s made it.”

Fri, 30 August 2024
Jeremy McGovern admits he’s been left “shattered” by defensive partner Tom Barrass’ trade request, but says he completely understands the reasons for his good mate wanting out of West Coast.
Barrass this week confirmed speculation that he is keen to trigger a trade to Hawthorn, despite having three years left to run on his contract at the club where he won a premiership in 2018.
Speaking for the first time since the news became public, McGovern said his fellow key backman would be difficult to replace but backed the decision from the 28-year-old’s point of view as West Coast continue their significant rebuild.
“I love playing with him. He’s one of my best mates, so obviously on that level I’m flat to see him go.
“He’s going to be sorely missed at the footy club, that’s for sure, and hard to replace.
“But he’s got his reasons (why) he wants to go, and I respect them and understand them with the industry that we’re in.
“I feel like he’s doing the right thing for himself and his family and the direction he wants to go.
“Selfishly, I’d love him to stay, and I’ll miss him for sure. But I understand it and support everything he’s doing, as much as I’d love to have him out there with me all the time.”
Barrass enjoyed another strong campaign in 2024 before missing the final four games of West Coast’s season in the immediate aftermath of meeting with Hawks coach Sam Mitchell.
McGovern confirmed he had been in conversations with Barrass throughout the year about his future.
“We chat about it a fair bit – not just with Tommy but everyone and the club and the direction we’re going,” McGovern said.
“Obviously those conversations happen over the year, not just this year, but most years.

$$$

At the end of the day, hawthorn has approached a contracted player with an offer. It's up to them to get it done. How the Eagles respond is unknown. Do they do a Geelong? Let's see.

You are ignoring the steps prior to that.

Eagles sounded out Dogs to take him over. He was interested.

Hawks jumped in and said we would like to talk. None of this head hunted business.

Eagles are the ones who put him on the market, no different to Hawks putting Tom Mitchell on the market & listening to offers.

Lets hope outcomes are similar :cool:

Hawks jumped in and said we would like to talk. None of this head hunted business.

Eagles are the ones who put him on the market, no different to Hawks putting Tom Mitchell on the market & listening to offers.

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Richmond might have too many picks, they might want to spread out their talent a bit and move 1-2 first rounders into next year
Richmond will be looking to move #21 and possibly the graham compo #22 into 2025
also picks 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66 could be used for points to other teams and could get picks in 25 for that also

Richmond will be looking to use 6/7 picks in 2024

f7e50420-ed6e-40fe-aa83-f8c31c8df0ea_text.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bigfooty in a single post

Oh AA selection is not a defined statistic? We all learned something today.
Did you see the panel of selectors above? I wouldn’t trust one of those to make an informed footy related decision.

Crazy how we bag out these people all year but when they make calls on awards we just take it as gospel

Fri, 30 August 2024

Lied to by his club about renegotiating his contract in not only adding on 2 years, but also bumping up his contract. Wce now turned on that, so we have swooped in. He wouldn't have left if they held their end of the agreement. Essentially wce have influenced and played their part in forcing him out and they also shopped him. Now playing thr oh no required player, we don't want him to leave card

Disrespectful club 😉

Lied to by his club about renegotiating his contract in not only adding on 2 years, but also bumping up his contract. Wce now turned on that, so we have swooped in. He wouldn't have left if they held their end of the agreement. Essentially wce have influenced and played their part in forcing him out and they also shopped him. Now playing thr oh no required player, we don't want him to leave card

Disrespectful club 😉
Yeah, I missed these steps. Basically told him he can look around if he is so unhappy.

He talked to Bulldogs, Hawks heard about it and he bought into the vision of Sam and nominated Hawks.

No head hunting here.

Eagles basically pushed him out.

they just used the "misunderstanding" about salary as basis to trigger the push out.

Again, I hope value is already decided as around pick 16-17 but if not hope Hawks start chats with 2 second rounders. I am ok if we end up for 1st round going to Eagles as long as something decent comes back, hope it is F2 but can live with F3 + 59. I am a fair person.

We have a NGA bid to match and pick 59 would help.

Yeah, I missed these steps. Basically told him he can look around if he is so unhappy.

He talked to Bulldogs, Hawks heard about it and he bought into the vision of Sam and nominated Hawks.

No head hunting here.

Eagles basically pushed him out.

they just used the "misunderstanding" about salary as basis to trigger the push out.

Again, I hope value is already decided as around pick 16-17 but if not hope Hawks start chats with 2 second rounders. I am ok if we end up for 1st round going to Eagles as long as something decent comes back, hope it is F2 but can live with F3 + 59. I am a fair person.

We have a NGA bid to match and pick 59 would help.

mad-max-tom-hardy.gif

Disrespectful club 😉
We used to call that 'Getting Shafted'

We used to call that 'Getting Shafted'
I'll never understand. Fans are OK with players getting shafted by the club and say good on the club. Players shafts club, he is a money grabber.

Wce fc are doing both, shafted barrass on a handshake agreement and playing victim and fans being ohhhhh he wants the money no loyalty but we want the world.

Very confused club and fan base

Can't wait for reid to leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back