Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah maybe. But if you can't see the difference between Sam Frost and Tom Barrass as footballers I'm not sure what to say to you tbh

Tom Barrass has been a good footballer but age has caught up with him. He will never be the same footballer that he has been at WC, no disgrace in that because he's 29 and WC played him in a role where he's irreparably damaged his body.

Tom Barrass has been a good footballer but age has caught up with him. He will never be the same footballer that he has been at WC, no disgrace in that because he's 29 and WC played him in a role where he's irreparably damaged his body.

That's what medicals are for. He either passes or the Hawks don't offer him 4/5 years on big money

Well in that case so did Dyane Zorko. Tom Mitchell won the brownlow and was traded for a pick in the 40s. So clearly the brownlow has little to do with trade value.

One is 29 with a degenerative back and other is a 24 year old former top ten pick, who given his fitness level will likely be around for another 8 to 9 years.

You clearly are living in some fantasy world. End of story.
Bringing up Tom’s “degenerative back” is gold while leaving out Bailey Smith missing the last year with an injury.
You obviously didn’t watch him this season if you are using a past tense to describe him as a good footballer. Age hasn’t caught up to him in the slightest, is still producing to an elite standard.

I really think Hawthorn are better off getting Battle for free, only offering at most pick 13 for Barass.
Or perhaps drafting a kid with pick 13, they still need more elite young talent in My opinion.
Or they figure Barass helps their team next year, further leading to some other quality free agent joining them in 2026.

I really think Hawthorn are better off getting Battle for free, only offering at most pick 13 for Barass.
Or perhaps drafting a kid with pick 13, they still need more elite young talent in My opinion.
Or they figure Barass helps their team next year, further leading to some other quality free agent joining them in 2026.
GWS telling us the secret to success is more young elite talent. Priceless! Just joking can you change your allegiance to the Gold Coast so the joke works please…
With Battle intend to agree i would like them to take another athletic KPF. Frosty Sicily scrimshaw battle works down back next year but anyway barrass is a good player happy to have him just want something back in this draft given the depth.

I think it will drag on to be honest and end up being the #13 plus steak knives at the end.

Something like #13 and a future 2nd for Barrass and a future 3rd.
I feel the opposite I don't think WC or Hawthorn will dig their heels in to much and the trade will be agreed in principle. Might not get done straight away though as the clubs might then assist each other on other deals to get better outcomes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will take it to that 1st + 2nd rounder uncomplicated range

Everyone needs to forget about it being a 1st rounder for Barrass situation. It 100% wont happen
My prediction has been 13 and a F2nd for a while. Might not be the deal that gets done though, have a feeling they work together on other deals and try to get a better outcome. Feel Rich/GC negotiations will be a watch based on history and the dusty stuff might add to it.

Thought it made it simpler tbh. 13 plus a sweetener of some sort. Would have been real interesting getting to a GF
Lid was on all year, then we made finals and I thought let's have fun with it, then we won and that opened me up to being hurt.

It's the hope that kills you.

GWS telling us the secret to success is more young elite talent. Priceless! Just joking can you change your allegiance to the Gold Coast so the joke works please…
With Battle intend to agree i would like them to take another athletic KPF. Frosty Sicily scrimshaw battle works down back next year but anyway barrass is a good player happy to have him just want something back in this draft given the depth.

What last night showed, was that for 3 quarters Hawthorn had no one able to take a contested mark in the forward line. They only had one winner in the forward half for the game, that being a small forward. Sending Sicily forward in the last quarter, changed the dynamic and the forward line began to look more dangerous.

Dear will come back and put on some bulk over the next couple of years and judging by Paul's physique that won't be an issue. Chol, on the other hand, won't be much different, he's a tall non marking forward, the rub that supporters of clubs were he had played said prior to his trade. This was probably, a factor in the re-signing of Gunston for a further year, I have no idea what they were thinking by re-signing Breust, given the small forward options they have.

The other area, they were smacked in last night was the stoppages/midfield. If there was a Mr Men meme, Ward would be known as Mr Fumbles. Worpel also went to water when the pressure came on and was shocking with his hands in close.

To cut this short, Hawthorn has plenty of small forwards; this includes two quality small forwards not getting a look-in currently in Sam Butler and Jack O'Sullivan, that may come under pressure with list decisions. They have plenty of options in the back half, which is only going to be strengthened with the arrival of Battle.

I tend to agree with the GWS poster, in that Tom Barrass is not a need; Hawthorn's priorities should be to obtain a marking KPF and more class in the midfield. If that means going to a strong draft to obtain that then I would prefer that to a 29 year old intercepting backman in Barrass. Especially, given how unreasonable WC posters are in here regarding Barrass' trade value; it is not as if Hawthorn is shopping around a 32 year old Gunston and expecting a first round draft pick.

I thought Jai Serong looked at the level last night for a 21 year old in a big pressure final. Does he ever play as a general / medium defender Hawks fans or purely lock down KPD?
Probably suited for the Sicily/Scrimshaw role. Behind 2 of the best at it currently, imo of course.

Haven't watched a West Coast game recently, huh? We suck but McGovern and Barrass make us look a hell of a lot better than we are.

Probably suited for the Sicily/Scrimshaw role. Behind 2 of the best at it currently, imo of course.
Is there any decent rumours of him being in this deal? Seems like it's about to become very difficult to get into the side even if Sicily goes forward

Barrass for 13 is probably fair but I do hope we get some steak knives too, pick 30 or a F2 would be good.
If we look like getting less for Barrass than Richmond does for Rioli, it would be a very disappointing outcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back